New player and ship emotes?

It would be necessary to make new animations for the character ones, so that's likely impossible... as for the ship ones, it's just a set of maneuvers. It might be a client thing but it isn't necessary for them to be; there could be a simple file somewhere that just creates the list of maneuvers that the client then reads off, if so that file might be editable. But I don't know either.

Character animations are a *.w3d file and each is referenced to words in chat in an .ini file. Possible to create new ones.

Ship emotes _i think_ are opcodes sent by the client. Unless there is a way to make some server scripts for movement respond to new slash commands from chat, these may be impossible to create :/ It may be possible, though, since /roll, /spin, /wave, etc all work as chat commands ;)

Ghent has more of a handle on the avatar emotes than me but as far as ship emotes go - they are hardcoded ... BUT it could be possible to script some forced ship emotes by sending packet sequences. Although it's really difficult to hard control the ships smoothly from the server.

Maybe some proxy-side movement scripts could be used - with a simple interface it might be possible for player made emote ship scripts for sharing, although you'd need to trigger them through '/' commands. And we got a whole queen-mary-2 load of stuff to do before we'd even think about things like this.