We can add a fair few more skills. Thankfully there are a lot of redundant slots we can hijack, like all the 'lore' skills. When I added the reactor optimisation I just took a 'lore' slot.

I *think* I remember having the 'lore' skills in the live game, but I remember them as being pretty pointless. If I want to be a bit weird with my explorer and use projectiles there are plenty of good '3rd party' ones on offer. I don't think anyone misses them. Or were they all removed?

There weren't any lore skills in live, may be earlier in alpha or beta perhaps.

Lore was used as a diversionary tactic for players that asked why Progen reactors couldn't be built "Oh, wait for Progen lore! When that arrives, Jenquais will be able to build them for Progens!". A fundamental problem with live that the devs didn't give a toss about, in other words.

There are some nice projectiles for Jenquai to use in the emulator - my favourite weapon for faction farming.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1329799410' post='54151']
We can add a fair few more skills. Thankfully there are a lot of redundant slots we can hijack, like all the 'lore' skills. When I added the reactor optimisation I just took a 'lore' slot.

I *think* I remember having the 'lore' skills in the live game, but I remember them as being pretty pointless. If I want to be a bit weird with my explorer and use projectiles there are plenty of good '3rd party' ones on offer. I don't think anyone misses them. Or were they all removed?
[/quote]

Null Factor also used one. Had it revert back on my Scout once.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5251-progen-lore/page__hl__%2Bprogen+%2Blore__fromsearch__1"]https://forum.enb-emu...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Don't forget that the PT is also missing a skill so that will use one. Didn't know if it was possible for a class to have more than 17 skills plus 1 affiliation skill.

That there are, the Shuriken is quite nice and they're available at a vendor. The Jens actually make some decent PLs the only difficult thing is getting buffs for them since many of the items that buff PLs are for Progen. Also the patch notes from Nov 2010 apply Combat Cloak buff to all weapon types.

Would it be possible to extend the Seeker's Fold Space and Cloak skill to L7, but give them different L6&7 skills than the JE/JD have?
Would enable them a few more skills without adding/removing more.
Something Like:
Fold Space L6: Teleport Enemy Group (opposite of Summon Enemy Group)
Fold Space L7: Seeker Equivalent to Wormhole/Return

Cloak L6: Warp Combat Cloak (self only)
Cloak L7: Group Combat Cloak (no warp) (might be too difficult to implement interruption properly though)

I've kinda thought that there could be a few JT only devices comparable to the Tail Tucker that PE and JE could use in Live. Tail Tucker took JE/PE back to Grand Ol Homestead in DT. The device was one of the 3 devices you could choose from after finishing Lyle McDonald's mission. The PE or JE could only send themselves, no one else.

3 or 4 devices each with a different destination. One of those could go to F7, 2 or 3 other destinations could be picked by devs. WH penalties would apply if trade goods are in hold. Should probably be self-only like the Tail Tucker.

I'd prefer a line of Dispel devices to a skill. Dispel will move the JT closer to prime time as a line of devices, and the possiblity of trading Build Engines for another skill if necessary, remains. Not to mention, the devices would essentially be doing the same thing at L9 that they were doing at L3, but would have more range and a lower failure rate. Clearing debuffs from one targeted player.

One could also have a failure possiblity on the line of devices, where using a higher one is more likely to succeed than a lower one. In Live debuffers had a possiblity of failure, this line of devices could also have some possiblity of failure. It could use something comparable to whatever formula is ultimately used to see if a debuffer hits a mob that it's used on.

Edit: Use of Dispel would have some percentage chance of drawing some aggro, but it would not be like casting "area Recharge Shields" where all the nearby mobs decide to play "pound the trader". Not sure exactly how much but it should be somewhere closer to Reactor Optimization than Recharge Shields.

yeah there would have to be an opposed roll for dispell. With the success varying with the combat level of the mob (or player?) who cast the debuff, the level of the device and the JT's combat skill. There should always be at least a 1-in-20 chance for it to work, even with the lowest level of JT and highest mob caster.

I guess the break-even point where the skill almost always works (with a static 5% chance to fail) would be any time the casting mob's CL is less than the JT's (+ bonus from device level, and any other helping devices that may come along).

I'm not sure exactly how it would be calculated, but the CL of the mob and JT should matter, the CL of the enemy that cast the debuff (or the level of said debuff if that's makes more sense), and the level of the Device that the JT is using to clear the debuff. The original thought came from the existence of the JE Only Rallying Cry device that clears menace. I'd think that a JT who has a L9 device, OL150, in a raid, should probably get about a 1 in 4 chance of the one debuff being cleared, and a smaller chance of all debuffs being cleared.

Success chance, as well as device cooldown time could be adjusted as needed so it's powerful enough to be worthwhile, but not so powerful that it's unbalanced.

If it's done by a device, there's more room for further improvement of the class if it's necessary. My idea would help the JT get closer to prime time, but if she's not all the way there, and we need more to get her to prime time, what skill do we sacrifice to put forward an additional skill? Or can the JT have more than 17 skills, when one includes Techs & Weapons? If the JT can, will that require adding one skill to all the existing classes in order to be fair?

Edit: Glad to see some support for my Dispel idea. JT may end up needing more things to do, but with that she can be the primary at something. She's still be the secondary healer to the TT, and the secondary debuffer to the JE (she gets the same PM debuffers as the JE) but that does help somewhat and gives the JE more time to JS people. 2-3 other things she can be the primary at will be good, IMO for the class and will make her ready for prime-time. Edited by Terrell

• 1 month later...
[u]How did I miss this topic.[/u]
[u]Nice idea.[/u]
[u]Level:[/u]
[u]1=Dispel "Weaken Chemical and Impact"[/u]
[u]2=Dispel "Weaken Energy and EMP"[/u]
[u]3=Dispel "Weaken Explosive and Menace"[/u]
[u]4=Dispel "Increased Hull Mass"[/u]
[u]5=Dispel "All Hacks"[/u]

I'd rather it not be a L5 skill, too many of the JT's skills are capped at L5 already. L1 skill (given at OL135), L7 skill given in training, or a line of devices. IMO device line is best option as it leaves the most room for additional improvement of the class.

L5 skills should be weakened versions of a skill some other class gets to L7. L5 should not be used for class exclusive skills, IMO. (In Live all exclusive skills, except L135 skills, were L7.)