Faction Messups

hey,

we've noticed there have been a few faction messups since the restart.

This problem is now completely fixed.

However, a few people might be left with factions that were reset. This has only happened to a few classes.

If you've lost your RD faction you'll need to contact a GM; bear in mind the server records roughly what your faction was every week or so, so don't even think about trying to get some free RD faction ...

FYI this was caused by an old hotfix that reset factions when there was faction storage corruption. Since the cause of the faction corruption was fixed, the hotfix was never triggered again until after the patch - the faction info table had been tweaked.

Tienbau,

I am glad to hear that all the faction mess has been fixed. However I still have a PP a TT and a PS with more than just RD faction messed up. There are those of us that would like this fixed, but the GM staff may not have the tools to do this.

Could you tell us who is able to fix this and what we should do?

Or should I just re-re-submit a ticket? :wacko: ;)

The GMs can do this, I think its simply a training issue. I will educate them on the necessary steps for this for all, please be sure to submit a ticket. Do not be caught submitting tickets for things we know you couldn't have lost as TB has indicated.

*edit1*

As promised I have written up a guide replete with screenshots for them on how to edit your faction values for individual toons, so a ticket should be able to resolve this at this point.

rather than asking the GM's to patch this up, we have restored the faction settings from the 07th Feb nightly backup. This is the night before the patch, so anyone who had RD faction the night before will have it again.

Sorry to all the folks who have been working on faction between the patch and now ...