Group Navigation XP Bonus

Hi

I am not sure if I am being stupid or if this is a bug...

I was in a group with someone else, doing exploring around Aragoth, and on average, I got about 800-~1200 XP per navigation point.

In the group, it flashed up saying "Discovered xx 420 Explore experience earned (300 + 120 group bonus)" or similar.

Does that mean it is saying I got 420, or 840?... Either way, I am sure that I was getting more XP on my own and I do not understand it.

Is this a bug, or am I reading it wrong?

The breakdown of the message 420xp (300 + 120 Group bonus) would be a total of 420. That (300+120) just lets you know how much additional your group bonus was.

However, you should note that if you are in a group finding navs, you'll see that message pop up for each additional group member. In your case you'd see it twice, and get a total of 840 for the nav since it was you and one other in the group. So, you might think you're rediscovering a nav multiple times, but in reality you are getting xp for each person in the group (hence why people like tours).

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're the same level, you're probably not noticing when the message swaps over to the EXP you got from the other person, so while solo, you get 500 EXP, when you're grouped with that person, you get 275 from yourself, and 275 from them, for 550 total. Not a lot more, but it all adds.

And in my book an exploit when someone gangs 5 'newbie' chars expressly made for the purpose of trailing round the systems to gain explore XP - it never happens does it....! ?

Can't say I blame them, especially if they're not explorer chars. Explore XP is a pain to get after you explore all the navs.

And in my book an exploit when someone gangs 5 'newbie' chars expressly made for the purpose of trailing round the systems to gain explore XP - it never happens does it....! ?

Well, lets see. There's 50 total EL levels in the game. Exploring everything with the exception of Niff cloud, Anteries, 80% of rags, 70% of grissom, and 10% of cooper gets you to EL 23. So people have to have some way to get their levels, especially if your jenqui that needs EL 25 to get combat cloak

Well, lets see. There's 50 total EL levels in the game. Exploring everything with the exception of Niff cloud, Anteries, 80% of rags, 70% of grissom, and 10% of cooper gets you to EL 23. So people have to have some way to get their levels, especially if your jenqui that needs EL 25 to get combat cloak

Exactly. JW needs EL25 to max Cloak 5, EL45 to max Scan 7 and Fold Space 7. JT needs EL25 to max Cloak 5, Scan 5, and Fold Space 5. JE needs EL25 to max Fold Space 5, and EL45 to max Wormhole 7, Jumpstart 7, Cloak 7, Scan 7, Prospect 7, Envrionment Shield 7, Navigate 7, & Shield Leech 7. At least JE can mine for Explore XP. JW and JT have a hard time of it. (yeah I know you don't have enough skill points to max everything before 150, but all those skills are useful at least to a degree, and you will want to max some of them)

Group touring to gain XP is nothing new. It was in live and was done by many because Explore XP is tough to get by the non-explorer classes. Sometimes it was just done to help guildies with new toons, and yes by multiboxers to lvl up alts. Not a big problem.

All XP should be like so, whether it's combat or exploration...not sure about trade however but it could be the same.

2 players: 140%

3 players: 180%

4 players: 220%

5 players: 260%

6 players: 300%

(player total level / group total level) * xp gained * group xp bonus

(20/80) * 840 * 2.6 = 546 experience

This isnt an exploit. This is how the game was made. It was an option that was available in live and is nothing new to the game. If you find that your opinion is that this is an exploit then you are most likely a miner class and dont ahve much to worry about for gaining explorer levels. For those that cant mine its the most viable option especially at this point when the job terminals are offline.

All XP should be like so, whether it's combat or exploration...not sure about trade however but it could be the same.

2 players: 140%

3 players: 180%

4 players: 220%

5 players: 260%

6 players: 300%

(player total level / group total level) * xp gained * group xp bonus

(20/80) * 840 * 2.6 = 546 experience

What is the current formula, BTW?

I've been searching the forums for hours and this seems to be the best place for my question...here it goes:

Has grouping been nerfed? Me and a friend both started new Jenquai Explorers and were doing the training together grouped. We were only getting half the XP on the navs. We were each only getting one message so I must assume that we were only getting a measly 275 XP each as opposed to the 550 we would get not grouped (I logged in with another new character to test this). To test even further, I pulled out my Scout and fired up EnB on another computer and gave a new toon a tour of Jupiter. Still only getting half credit for nav XP. It's great for the tour leader cause he's getting the toons half XP as well. Has there been a change to prevent power-levelling or is this just a glitch?

I've also noticed this during combat. Killing a level 0 while at level 0 was only netting us 860 XP but we got that with each kill.

There IS a problem with group navigating. I took me and my other toon on a tour, and many times I had to break group for the end-point to register. You really have to have sound on on both computers to hear that explore experience has been registered for each toon -- so if you or your buddy did not hear the confirmation, one of you did not get your nav. Of course, if the ? becomes a nav point, that point has been noted.

So it's not that you need to see it on the screen that's important, it's that you need to listen.

In any case, unless you are trying to map a deadly sector, don't group. Explore-point levels between high-level toons and low-level toons benifits only the higher player (who already has navs mapped) and greatly degrades the points the lower player receives.