Zackman

Show drop locations / mob in database  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Show drop locations/mob in database

• Yes
    • No
    • What is a mob?
    • What is dropping mudkipz plz?

I voted No cause if everything is handed to you then its not a game anymore.
At least thats my perspective.
It would be nice to positively know if an item drops or not though.

I voted no, because I don't want to know where everything is. I would however support a progressive list of locations in the database, where common/low-end gear has dropping mobs specified, medium gear has the sectors it drops in listed and rare/high-end gear has drop info hidden.

Every other MMO on planet earth has some sort of mob database--weather official or unofficial.

Chances are that someone will make one anyway as the community grows larger.

After awhile someone will make a wikipedia or whatever and then mob/drop locations wont be so hidden.

As a new player, I find that this information would be extremely valuable--especially considering i never played "live".

Just because someone knows where and what a mob drops doesn't mean that it'll cut out the time it takes to go there and farm the item. Just sayin...

No.

I would even recommend clearing all the drop data from the current net-7 DB so that the devs don't run into problems like this in the future. There are a ton of people that can/will tell you where something drops. If you spend a long time camping/killing the mob...and it doesn't drop....write up a bug.

If someone wants to setup/update a community run drop database, like enbarsenal, more power to that person/people....but thats a lot of work that the Devs don't need to waste their time on.

[quote name='vormov' timestamp='1329251511' post='53727']
Every other MMO on planet earth has some sort of mob database--weather official or unofficial.

Chances are that someone will make one anyway as the community grows larger.

After awhile someone will make a wikipedia or whatever and then mob/drop locations wont be so hidden.

As a new player, I find that this information would be extremely valuable--especially considering i never played "live".

Just because someone knows where and what a mob drops doesn't mean that it'll cut out the time it takes to go there and farm the item. Just sayin...
[/quote]

Drop Dabatase no, Mob Database yes. Unless you have been in the Emu for a large amount of time, it's near impossible to know where to hunt and at what level. Any veteran can find it confusing when comparing to memory from live. EnB is quite the universe to memorize just to know where a specific mob is...

I have seen many people ask about specific CL's and VERY few people know the answers. Most people know 15 or so famous mobs and don't know jack about the remaining hundreds of mobs.

Vormov is dealing with the same thing I did when I first returned to the emu. Anyone who is new will run into the same problem, and it's new people that will keep this game alive - not old. Wasn't this proven already once in 2004? It's community before self and this would help the community a ton.

• 2 months later...
<--- is amazed that people would think drops were given out to a select few
Odds are those who aquire said items are the very ones who enjoy the search for them

Expose the damn drop list, then change it, on a daily basis......
  • Upvote 1

I voted yes, but would have liked a little more choices, I would like to know what mob drops the items, but not the location of the mob that I can find on my own or ask. I know this topic is kind of old now as changes have been made, but when I see Zackman saying that a L56 mob is dropping a lvl6 item, I do have a problem with that. How would someone at the level that they need that item supposed to kill a mob that high in level? I can see something like a rare item being in a mob that size (example lvl6 ZEM beam) but not a common shield. Also, another thing is rarity of the drop would be nice to know, I mean say you do like the exploring aspect of the game, what are you supposed to do kill 100 or more of a certain mob, not get an item, move on to the next mob type (repeat) just to find out later that mob drops an item you want it's just very rare. One thing I liked about live is, atleast you could tell from a discription of an item what may drop the item, here there are mobs that really have no business dropping said item, (example the Vibrant Barrier lvl6) dropping in antares from a boss mob, it used to be Gupter in VG that dropped this, which it should be as it is a crystal and should drop from them. Just my opinion. I really don't want to sound like I am complaining, because the DEV's are doing a great job on trying to recreate a game that doesn't exist anymore except in our hearts.

On a side note, interaction is a big part of this game, but to me keeping people interested really has nothing to do with interaction so much as to game play and content especially when you are 150+ (which is easy to obtain). I know I have said this before and was shot down on adding content, because right now we are in fix it mode, but this is a stress test, and content can be taken out later for storyline purposes or the sectors shut down. We can all see what happens when new content is put in, alot of bugs show up. Would it not be better to get everything in fix the bugs that it creates now then having them show after were past the testing stages? Just another opinion of mine.

• 1 year later...

i would understand not to show drop locations for items lvl 7+ but why dont u show for items for lower level because when u leveling up u dont have time to kill mobs just to search for 1 item... normaly even if u find it most of the cases it will be to late.

i would understand not to show drop locations for items lvl 7+ but why dont u show for items for lower level because when u leveling up u dont have time to kill mobs just to search for 1 item... normaly even if u find it most of the cases it will be to late.

Damn thats an Old thread you bought back to life lol.

Just for clarification, we are not listing all drop locations on the Portal :D