Made To Live (Mtl) Beam

Just out of curiosity why is this beam warrior restricted? The reason why i ask is because it would serve all Jenquai classes quite well not just JS, JE's. The one class that needs Wep conservation (on Jenquai) is the JD as we totes 5 beams vs the 4/3 of the other two classes (not saying they dont deserve/need it either) But, instead the JD community get stuck with either a Eye of Fang Fiend that has one of the lowest DPS of any beam in game, even if you include the added damage from the weapon and apply that to all weapons it is still considerably low DPS, compare to a GoD, EOD, BS, ED, DG, GE, DP (most commonly used beams on JD's). Or, we get a choice to use a device, the Deadly focus, but this in turns eats up a needed device slot, also the added damage it gives us is extremely low. Not to mention both of these items are non manu'd and to top it off trying to get a higher percentage one is damn near impossible (I am referring to 125%+ not 110 and below).

I would rather see the GoD be Warrior Restricted because the energy per shot is among the highest in game 337 per shot, and then have the MTL available to all classes.

I also thought this would be a great beam to have. At the time the DB said it was Jen only, but didn't say warrior restricted, so I had one built for my JD. Only when I had the beam and checked the description did I learn it was warrior restricted. There was a fair amount of time involved in gathering the ores to have a couple of the comps built so you can understand the frustration that ensued.

I have since given it away to another player with a JS.

Even now the DB shows as Jen only but the class description doesn't clearly state Warrior Restricted. Please change the wording so others won't make the same mistake.

That seems to be a general bug.
If you look up the current database with the "warriors restricted" search criteria you will only see items showing "Unknown profession" - so the flag "warriors restricted" seems to be "undefined" at certain points (portal, client etc).

I think in live there was no need for such flag, because there were always only on other class besides warriors.
For the progen it was the Sentinel, Jenquai had the Explorer, Trademen the Trader.

That resulted in the fact, that the "restriction flags" in live where only made out of Race and class(eg.) "Trader only" or "Explorer only".

Since EMU enabled three hidden classes, the "flag-matrix" had to change as well, so there are new flags now like (eg.) "Trader restricted" - which result in "[1] Unknown profession" or "[2] Unknown profession".
The EMU server knows how to handle these new flags, but the client simply dont know them - so he can't show the flags correctly.

I saw a "temp fix" for some items having it in the [b]description[/b] like "Only Jenquai Seeker" - but that hasn't been added consequently to all affected item-descriptions so far. Edited by Zackman

JD has plenty of options, and really doesn't need it.

Neither the JE or JS really struggle with high level mobs, they're slower on the output yes, but they have significantly better defensive potential.

Was it intended to be Unique, because it wasn't when it first started dropping, but now is?

Um... Jd's do not need weapon conservation imho... And here is why..
When you auto-fire a jd a hotm/botd/scutums you will never run out of power.. it's that simple.

Combat cloak is another subject.
No amount of conservation helps.. a big phat cap and a awcs and a martyr's heart,
You are always cloaked so beam energy conservation makes as much sense as a teats on a boar hog.. it's not needed..
The beam is really nice and would be nice in a non cc situation it's a little fast for cc and 60-80-100% turbo for the cc timing.
Just my 2 cents worth.

IMHO the HOTM is crap, always has been always will be. also I should not have to bring a fleet of Jenquai to a sector to fight mobs. I dont always cloak/shoot either, I allow the timer on my cloak to run out, you know that funny little skill called stealth strike, there is a reason why it lasts for 5 seconds. as this time allows my reactor to recharge also allows me to do other skills if and when they are needed.

The main reason why i like this beam is the short reload of 6 seconds, I like shorter reload weapons vs the longer reloads. Again it fits my style of fighting perfectly.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/6483-jd-cc-vrs-drexen-the-real-numbers/"]https://forum.enb-emu...e-real-numbers/[/url]
[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/3969-weapon-dps-beams/"]https://forum.enb-emu...apon-dps-beams/[/url]

The top link is a new post I made and the second link is my dps list for beams I am redoing the xls files and putting them into 1 file for easier reading and dealing with.

Before you comment read the entire top post so you understand where I am coming from 1.5m damage vrs 600,000 is enough fo you to think about your short timing beams.. A lot I hope.

Some educational reading for you.

The HotM has always been about cap and the device conservation of a slot it covers the intolerance and lets you run a awcs/deadly focus-botd/chimaera/martyr's heart. that way you have pretty much everything you need.

Your beams cover the rest of the buffs you could run a cygnus but you lose the added damage it's a tradeoff.

You have to chose and tbh if you use cc either one works.

You can use any reactor you want as long as it lasts 45 seconds under cc to use your martyr's heart over again.

As for the reload timing it takes about 4 seconds to recloak fully.

CC lasts 5 seconds.

Optimally a 5 second reload is what you want about the closest you can get is 6 seconds with beams worthy of the job.

If you think about it in terms of timing a 6 second beam makes 0 sense on a jd specifically you want your turbo and your beam timing to be similar and ready to fire in the 5-6 second range to use cc correctly so 6 second beams turns into a 3.5 second beam it's to fast.

On my jd I run a dg/god/ed/2 dp's or if in group mode a black streak for the turbo so does kjero and a few other jd's I know.

As for me not knowing what I'm talking about, check the screenshot and the date on it.

As a fyi I did this with a veil reactor before I had a hotm and the option of a intolerance, the reactor wasn't dropping and the intolerance wasn't in the game.

Use your own judgement.

Just my 3 cents worth now > :) Edited by Tradermagoo

• 2 months later...
IMO the best thing about the MtL beam's 6 second reload from a JE's perspective, is that there are other upcoming JE beams like the Gaze of Amah & Amah's Anger that have the same reload rate. Makes working with cloak fire cloak tactics a little easier, since the beams all fire at the same time, and even with the 40% turbo on the GoA there is enough time for cloak to fully power up between shots. (worked in Live with 2 EoD & a Gaze of Amah)

To the OP's point, a replacement for the EoFF would be nice for the JW, doesn't have to be a very powerful beam, perhaps marginally weaker in DPS than the Defender's Pride, and be a common/manufacturable L9 beam. It could have a second buff that does something nice for the JW. If you're running a mixed loadout, you could go with the Sun Focus 2000 to get a beam energy conserve buff. Not sure if the SF2K is in game as of yet.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1334600320' post='56831']
Not sure if the SF2K is in game as of yet.
[/quote]

Not yet. I believe it's either Bogeril or Ardus sector related content but none in game for now.

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1334709539' post='56861']
It would be nice to see some of the other lvl9 energy based beams in game, atm we dont have much of a choice when it comes to energy damage.
[/quote]

Would be nice if there were mobs were resistant/immune to Plasma, like some of the ones on Arduinne Planet in Live, so that the JE/JW would need to use those beams. Most of the time, they're probably better off with plasma because of the bonus damage to shields, and the abilty to debuff plasma with the Chimaera line of devices. For the JT it's less of an issue, since she can debuff both energy & plasma with PM devices.

The current MOB has plasma debuffs, some are even really high ;)
Its just that we have all plasma debuffers, so we render the mobs deflect useless again.

Ardus was Raiders: 100% Plasma resist. Use chem or go home... :lol:

But yeah...u can really recog that it takes a lot longer to kill a certain boss-mob L60 - compared to his buddys L60 (they die a lot faster).
Its because that boss has high plasma resist!

There is a few mob ingame with such resists.

Are the mobs with high plasma deflects currently in game, also weak to energy? Since my Jenquai toons are all currently using beams (still leveling PLs on my JE. 2 levels to go) Energy & Plasma are my options. If I'm still doing more damage to the mob after debuffing it to plasma, than I'd do with energy, since JE/JW don't have PM energy debuffers, I'm still better off using Plasma. Now if I were playing my JT, and the mob's energy deflect is lower than it's plasma deflect, then it makes sense for my JT to equip her Manticore, and buy some energy beams. If you're a Jenquai attacking such a mob, then bringing a JT along for debuffing would be helpful. (PT and TT can also use Manticore, but they'd be less likely to get the device since they usually aren't using beams)

I did fight some of the mobs in Ardus that required chemical in live with guildies using my JE, but that was after I had L8 Projectiles to go with my L9 beams, in the closing months of live. Had I not leveled up PLs (with overdings) as well as beams, there would have been no point in trying to fight cloud riders, in a group as a JE. If I recall correctly those were also immune to Fold Space.

For Jenquai it's energy or plasma for most, since few will use PLs or MLs on a Jenquai when they get L9 beams. Is there any utility, at this time to using EMP, I don't remember it being useful in live for dealing with orefield guardians. Maybe I could see it being useful if you're a supporter, and your job is to interrupt skills.

Well, the v'rix dropped energy debuffers back in live. So maybe when they are finally implemented....the debuffers will too. I remember the energy debuffer i had as being lvl 5, but I recall players having lvl 8 versions. I hunted with a mixed package (GoD, DG, DP, GE, and sun Focus) so i would debuff mob(s) with energy and plasma at same time. At that point it didn't matter what the mob was resistant to...they got torn up anyway.

V'rix are a way off, as their introduction to the game will be storyline related. If the Emulator devs decide to go with the story as it was in Live, you'll start with relatively neutral faction to them, and have an opportunity to get in good with them, before the war starts.

Unless the debuffers the V'rix drop are manufacturable, it's not likely that they will be as easily obtained as the PM debuffers that your class normally has access to, but they are better than nothing. Also lower level debuffers will probably be less likely to hit against higher level mobs. Right now, mobs don't appear to be able to resist debuffers or attack skills, eventually they will.