Question About The Character And Starship Creator

Riz

Someone, (I am thinking it was Magoo but I could be wrong) mentioned something in chat the other day about this program. They said you could create an accounts worth of toons, and save a dat (I think) file, and do it again with 5 more toons. This would allow someone to create all their toons ready to go, in case of a wipe or something, so they do not need to redo from scratch every time.

The question I have is what file is it I can set aside to do this? I have been looking around in the files, but not finding it anywhwere.

they are numbered dat files found in the appdata generated by the creator under the local settings area of your user profile on Windows. PM me if you can't find it and i'll find the exact path at home.

Perfect, thanks to you Kyp! Now I will create all my toons again as starters and be ready to restart fast when a wipe does happen.

Search for:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData

Below there, search for the creator. I believe it's a 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat, 4.dat, 5.dat or something close to that in the folder.

Yeppers. Put a sub-folder in place for each account, and as I create the "backup" toons I am moving those files into the account folder they belong to. Now when a wipe does happen, I can restart again quickly.