Extra Second On Beams + Turbo Reload

[quote name='will' timestamp='1328490714' post='53148']
Depends on what your adjusting. Rate of Fire or Reload.
Turbo increases rate of fire by XX%. 60% = +60%dps
It does not reduce reload by XX%. 60% = +150%dps

[url="http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/server/patchviewer.jsp-id=644.html"]http://www.earthandb...jsp-id=644.html[/url]
Turbo changes-
[/quote]

Thank you for the link, it's exactly describing the changes to the formula used now.

It is still (even today) hillarious to see EA starts figuring numbers long [b]after [/b]release.
They kept adding turbo devices and did not know in advance the effects of their doing?

You wonder how they were designing the game and its items - probably back in the weed yard....

I mean..as a developer you come to a point where you have to make up your mind about item values / buff values.
You create "test situations" (FOTM+Reaver+PB) and you do a math to see what it ends up like.

You know you can get a damage raise for almost 500% that way...and you still add the item to the game?
And when the player base whines about nerfs, you punish [b]all[/b] player by changing the complete way it works, effectivly reducing [b]all[/b] items?

Thing is, you also punish all the player that were never lucky enough to have these "uber" devices, cause they dropped only at Raids being "non-trad".
So instead of nerfing the "uber devices" lately added, you nerf [b]all [/b]turbo-devices in game....

Stunning...

Everybody makes mistakes without exception.

Live started off with only small amounts of turbo available then gradually more became available. Under the old forumula it got to the point when I was playing my PW it was point & squirt over and over and by the time I started shooting the 5th mob the 1st mob died. My mortars (Archos weren't yet available) chewed through a cargo hold full of ammo in a few minutes, lol.

So yeah, Westwood/EA realized their "oops" and fixed it.

DPS increase = Turbo % increase up to 100%.

Beyond that in theory it dimished by half value for the next 100%.

100% turbo = 100% DPS increase.
200% turbo = 150% DPS increase.
300% turbo = 175% DPS increase, etc.

The most turbo that was available during live was between 100-150 but in theory they could have added more methods to obtain even more turbo so it was necessary to plan out how to accomodate it although they probably would have limited it.

There was a bug in live with some ammo changed into a stack of beams. If anyone tried to install the stack of beams on their ship it crashed the sector. Imagine going and buying a stack of L9 components for ores, crashing the sector, finding out you had the stack of components still and all your original credits still! It affected other things too. Another "oops".

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1328522074' post='53165']
There was a bug in live with some ammo changed into a stack of beams. If anyone tried to install the stack of beams on their ship it crashed the sector. Imagine going and buying a stack of L9 components for ores, crashing the sector, finding out you had the stack of components still and all your original credits still! It affected other things too. Another "oops".
[/quote]

Ouch.... :panic:

Ok, well back to the main issue, which is essentially a suggestion that the reload timer display correctly. I imagine the fix would either be:

1:Adjust reload display/translation so times below 1 second (due to rounding) = an extra display number (IE not an extra long "1")
2: Allow the reload numbers to display tenths of a second.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1328522074' post='53165']
Everybody makes mistakes without exception.

Live started off with only small amounts of turbo available then gradually more became available. Under the old forumula it got to the point when I was playing my PW it was point & squirt over and over and by the time I started shooting the 5th mob the 1st mob died. My mortars (Archos weren't yet available) chewed through a cargo hold full of ammo in a few minutes, lol.

So yeah, Westwood/EA realized their "oops" and fixed it.

DPS increase = Turbo % increase up to 100%.

Beyond that in theory it dimished by half value for the next 100%.

100% turbo = 100% DPS increase.
200% turbo = 150% DPS increase.
300% turbo = 175% DPS increase, etc.

The most turbo that was available during live was between 100-150 but in theory they could have added more methods to obtain even more turbo so it was necessary to plan out how to accomodate it although they probably would have limited it.

[/quote]

109% for everything but a jenquai buff, which I believe could get you to 119% (i cant remember the exact percent on that Jennie only activated stackable device, but it stacked with the other 10 percent activated. Turbo was a lot more stackable in live)
Equipped Weapon - 40
PB Activate - 20
Dreadmail Activate - 15
Celestial - 10
Jenquai Device (JE/JD only) - 10 (i think this one WAS activatable on others tho and it did stack)
CVE - 7
And a couple of AA's I think, one was 7 and one was 5.... there was also another 5 loot device and i forget its name.
But it added up to 109 on my PW, and I know jennies claimed 115-120. Edited by Ryle

there is hopefully still a fair bit of packet investigation to do to work out why the timers won't display correctly.

We can modify the turbo description quite easily too.

But for now, at least the DPS will be correct, even if the timers on the client aren't being worked correctly.

Did MOBs ever have turbo weapons }:-> ?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328598991' post='53219']

Did MOBs ever have turbo weapons }:-> ?
[/quote]

That is a really good question, and theres no way of knowing really unless you were a dev in the game. I never noticed an activated turbo on a mob

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1328596685' post='53218']
109% for everything but a jenquai buff, which I believe could get you to 119% (i cant remember the exact percent on that Jennie only activated stackable device, but it stacked with the other 10 percent activated. Turbo was a lot more stackable in live)
Equipped Weapon - 40
PB Activate - 20
Dreadmail Activate - 15
Celestial - 10
Jenquai Device (JE/JD only) - 10 (i think this one WAS activatable on others tho and it did stack)
CVE - 7
And a couple of AA's I think, one was 7 and one was 5.... there was also another 5 loot device and i forget its name.
But it added up to 109 on my PW, and I know jennies claimed 115-120.
[/quote]

CVE was 12% Celestial was 7%. Drone Energy Amplifier 10% was the JE device. A few shields and devices activated 5% around. Everything else you had right.

The mobs didn't have a displayable turbo, formulaic it may have been so, but no speed up in shots etc. was graphicly shown, they achieved mobs skills through debuffs instead. The mobs would have reactor charge/shield charge debuffers etc. most of the body snatcher type mobs had hull patch etc. some of the grissom patrol had "unturbo" debuffs for you..slowing down RoF. Tengu had a slew of debuffs, nearly any player equipable device the tengu had a corrisponding counter debuff.