Job Terminals

tg626

Not sure if it's a bug or not so I'm choosing to make it a suggestion. We need more jobs coming up in the terminals. It used to be better, but as of late there are few jobs and they take forever to reload/refresh. The only time a decient list of jobs seems to appear is when the double listing bug kicks in...

If anything I just wish the job terminals would give me 6 jobs to the same place each time it reloads. Waiting an hour to get 6 slots filled with 1 job per refresh going to point X is nuts.
Not to mention its always like...
Job 1 = go to asteroid belt gamma for prisoner drop off
Job 2 = Go to Xipe totec for trash disposal
Job 3 = go to jotunheim for satellite

-_-
Yeah like im gonna drive 20 sectors for 3 jobs while backtracking the same path over and over. No, dont think so. I see glenn enough without driving it 6 times or so for a coupla jobs. Edited by Ryle

Yeah I've noticed recently it only spewing out a few combat jobs. I don't know if it's broken or intentional. One set may offer twelve combat jobs, you wait for a refresh to grab a couple more jobs going your way and three come up.

nothing's changed in this for quite while, since about september last year or so when I bumped up the job count by another 10 or so, and also changed the way the jobs are displayed while the list is being built. The first 15 seconds the jobs you see only you can see them, then after that the whole list is available for everyone.

When you say 'there _used_ to be more jobs' do you mean in live? Because currently there are a lot more jobs than there used to be on the emu. I just went to Glenn and the list was considerably longer than it used to be. I sat there for a while and waited for a few refreshes and each time all 3 lists were filled or almost filled.

Maybe you are referring to how in live there were all job levels at the higher level terminals? Yep that's something we need to do. Might annoy the macro-jobbers though :P

No I mean a few months ago, but not as far back as September... Terminal in Question is in Pluto. Maybe it's something off with that terminal? Basically I did a bunch of explore missions off that terminal for my TE, and PW (lvl 50 Satellite and Trash runs to Clarke Docks in Mercury), I used to get 5 or 6 missions for each run and now a month or two later, I'm there with a new toon and can't get squat, Edited by Ted Thompson

My suggestion is to limit the amount of different sectors each stations job has down to at least 2 then increase that amount of jobs. ie F7 gives combat jobs goto SE, Carpenter, Slayton, reduce this to just Carpenter, and SE and increase the number of these jobs. Or allow more stations to carry varying different lvls of jobs. instead of just having 2 stations carry 135 lvl jobs and 1 station carry 150 lvl jobs.

Or do both.

Because trying to get 135/150 jobs is a complete nightmare.

Limiting the proximity of the jobs makes sense (and I thought it did this) it's logical to think that these terminals would be "smart" enough to give local jobs only. (speaking of them in IC terms)

VT Terminal is the one that was affected for me.

You said the list is private for 15s ?
Then there is def. something wrong cuz within this 15s (more 5s...) i got "Job unavailable" often :o

Maybe the problem is here in this 15s mechanism:
What happens, if 2 or more toons are watching at the job screen?

I can def. confirm, that me and my multibox char got the same jobs on the screen within the first 15s and my left main toon was "stealing" the jobs for my alt. Edited by Zackman

• 9 months later...
I recently rejoined the EnB world after playing on live, what, almost a decade ago? Anyhow, I dimly recall that the earlier zones (Earth, Jupiter, Mars, etc.) had job terminals that would have things available for and doable by people who weren't not in the ranks of the high and mighty.
I.e. I, with my fresh minted JD could go to the Jupiter Job terminal and not have to ignore the 105, 120, and 150 level jobs.
Was this a change to the way the job terminals worked in general that I missed? I have been gone a while, but the simple repeatable quest functionality would seem to be a basic and needed functionality for low level folks (while also having higher level terminals giving stuff to the high level folks)?

Perhaps the simplest thing would be for the terminals to offer jobs based on the level of the person checking the lists? If such a thing would even be possible.

You can get level 50 jobs from Net 7 Sol starting at level 35 (you have to be within 15 levels of the job level to take it).

Before level 35 you should have plenty to do between skill missions and hull upgrades to get you there or close. There are also various traderuns and you can gather explore XP pretty quickly just by mapping the galaxy.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1328102334' post='52864']
I can def. confirm, that me and my multibox char got the same jobs on the screen within the first 15s and my left main toon was "stealing" the jobs for my alt.
[/quote]

Assuming jobs even populate in the first 15 seconds, I was experiencing this same behavior in VT as well.

An Economic Downturn? - Corporations and Factions struggle to keep unemployment down as they seek to keep jobs terminals stocked with various Combat, Explore and Trade tasks. "There's alot of pilots seeking work out there that are being denied by fast-moving jobtakers who then Forfeit what they don't want to complete, " said one Hyperia foreman. Are the spacelines being drawn between the Quick and the Unemployed? You be the judge.

For Net-7 News, this is the Pakkrat.
Tomorrow's News Today

@ Zackman : Being a Net-7 reporter involves some small bit of fiction to create a story around the happenings of the Server. As Shaddex asked when he called for reporters, the job calls for a little role-playing to give flavor and humor to the events around the pilots. If it seems off-topic, maybe you're not separating the fiction part of the story from the boring and banal reality of the issue(s) at hand. In this case it is about the woes of trying to get the target job from a given terminal. Journalistic integrity? This is a game. Expect some laughs and some yellow journalism. Don't like my reports? I can keep thrm from the Forum if you like, Z.

Have fun and fly safe,
Pakkrat

• 2 weeks later...
Name: Feurix
Issue: Job Terminal

I had spoke to Blacklung about this a while back, but wanted to bring it to someone's attention during the "live" situation.

I went to the job terminal last night. I entered it as normal and the GUI was empty. I knew it would refresh so I patiently waited. FIrst refresh came up, and it loaded exactly 5 jobs. There were 1 tourist ferry jobs, 2 Diplomat courier, and 2 Prisoner transfers. This took place at N7 in Saturn. I am overall level 75, and I'm pulling L50 Trade jobs. So please....read what I just put and do not ask me if I'm of the appropriate level. I waited through (I think it was 4 refreshes). On the second refresh I got 4 total jobs. Third refresh I got 7 total jobs. On the last refresh it finally loaded a lot of jobs to me.

Now, my wife went to the exact same job terminal at the same time, entered it, clicked on trade jobs, and had so many jobs she had a scroll bar. This has happened to me a lot at various job terminals, and at various levels. I tried loading my account on her computer to see if it was an IP issue(changed IP), computer problem(just went through my computer to rid of any garbage), or a wireless issue(ran a hardline). My JD would get very few jobs, but her JE on my computer would get a great deal of jobs to chose from.

I know my way around a computer. I disabled my anti-virus and checked for any firewalls running. Nothing I have done at this point makes any difference. Just trying to figure this out and maybe get some insight from Tienbau on this one.

This is not a rant, rave, or flame......just looking for a solution if there is one.