Showing Levels Above 50/150

Alessan

That'd be interesting. Perhaps there could be overdings added. Below L150 that number would be 0, and each time you overding it'd increase by one. I don't know if the client would allow it, one of the devs would have to say. I do like that they kept the Ding sound with overdings, as that sound effect didn't apply in Live to overdings.

once you get to like level 325 or so on any toon youve got everything maxed anyway. 150 or so overdings ftw.

The whole level system is meaningless after final hull/title (well the level 140 requirement for tech 9 reactor/shield/device/engine, but you get the point) Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1327958344' post='52737']
once you get to like level 325 or so on any toon youve got everything maxed anyway. 150 or so overdings ftw.

The whole level system is meaningless after final hull/title (well the level 140 requirement for tech 9 reactor/shield/device/engine, but you get the point)
[/quote]

How many overdings you need to max everything varies by class. The Terran Explorer requires the fewest, while the JW and PW tie for the most.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1327959650' post='52744']
How many overdings you need to max everything varies by class. The Terran Explorer requires the fewest, while the JW and PW tie for the most.
[/quote]
Yeah I know, thats why I said "or so". I actually thought the TT was the worst, but oh well. The PW may have a high total, but it also has 3-5 generally worthless skills anyway, if you count the beam and missle points. PW is actually really easy to max out minus SD, Enrage, ML, Beam, and either Inversion or Grav link (pick one to max if you want, youll have the points).. and ive never missed SD or enrage anyway.

But yeah offtopic blahblah lol

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1327960039' post='52745']
Yeah I know, thats why I said "or so". I actually thought the TT was the worst, but oh well. The PW may have a high total, but it also has 3-5 generally worthless skills anyway, if you count the beam and missle points. PW is actually really easy to max out minus SD, Enrage, ML, Beam, and either Inversion or Grav link (pick one to max if you want, youll have the points).. and ive never missed SD or enrage anyway.

But yeah offtopic blahblah lol
[/quote]

The difference between maxing everything on a Scout vs everything on a PW or JW is 51 overdings. That's quite a bit.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1327961134' post='52749']
The difference between maxing everything on a Scout vs everything on a PW or JW is 51 overdings. That's quite a bit.
[/quote]
Never played a scout, are they missing a skill or something?

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1327961775' post='52752']
Never played a scout, are they missing a skill or something?
[/quote]

No, has to do with total number of weapon types, and number of skills capped at 5. Skills capped at 5 only require 10 skill points to max compared to 21 for L7 skills. L9 weapons & techs require 36 skill points, L8 weapons & techs require 28 skill points. Everyone gets 2 L9 and 2 L8 techs, everyone gets at least 1 L8 weapon type in addition to his (or her) racial weapon, while toons with critical targeting get 2 L8 weapons.

Results:
Scout has 5 skills capped at 5, and only 2 weapon types.
Privateer has 3 skills capped at 5, all 3 weapon types, but missing a L7 skill.
Seeker has 4 skills capped at 5 and only 2 weapon types
Sentinel & Enforcer has 3 skills capped at 5, and all 3 weapon types.
Explorer & Tradesman have 1 skill capped at 5 and 2 weapon types.
Defender & Warrior have 1 skill capped at 5 and all 3 weapon types.

That results in such a big difference between maxing everything on a Scout, vs everything on a Defender or Warrior.

I don't think we'd be able to add the stat to any visible area of the client, but we could have the system calculate it and tell you what your total level is in the system messages window upon obtaining a level greater than 150. Of course that'd only be going forward as there's no way (or well a way but too much work to consider) to calculate it from before since we haven't really tracked it all that much.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1327970573' post='52772']
I don't think we'd be able to add the stat to any visible area of the client, but we could have the system calculate it and tell you what your total level is in the system messages window upon obtaining a level greater than 150. Of course that'd only be going forward as there's no way (or well a way but too much work to consider) to calculate it from before since we haven't really tracked it all that much.
[/quote]

Kyp, the easiest way to do it would be:
Skill points total spent on skills + Skill points not spent - 276 (total of SP at level 150) + 150 = Actual level (at least until all skills were maxed out)

Example:
Nearly maxed PW with all skills except enrage (409 total skillpoints used out of 409 earned): 409-276 = 133 dings over 150, so OL 283, A fully maxed PW would be OL 293 according to the planner on N-7... after that i wouldnt have a clue how to calculate it or track it, but would it matter then? (i cant remember if you still earn SP for overdings when all skills are maxed. I remember Ryle on live was, but not if i had extra SPs I couldnt even use)

Edit to add @ Terrell: Wow I just used the TS planner, you werent kidding, a TS only needs 92 overding levels to max completely, so would be OL 242 Edited by Ryle

• 2 weeks later...
Ryle, the calculations to get it weren't a problem we have most of that already. The client simply isn't quite that pliant. It has very rigid settings and many of which we don't necessarily understand,t hat's the only reason we can't add them in the client. (if that's why you were adding it)

The server already has the capability to iterate through your levels and figure out how many Skill pts you should have.

I would recommended this only because last ST3 when i had more time to play I mean test for days on end. I notice something very odd about how the mechanics of it stored player data. Lets Say i target a cl 66 mobs now at lvl 150 and cl being at 50 exactly not over the cl 66 mob, it reminds a tough one to solo. Now lets say we raise the bar and over dinged on the cl to 70 cause we have a bored TE flying around killing nothing but cl 66s not beefed up yet how can one do that? This was dating back to ST3.

My theory the system adds on and it keeps virtual track of the strength points i guess not to mention the increase skill effects that say, increase X ability by 0.11skill points those go up in number i believe. So in away that isn't being psychically tracked by players but the mechanics or the game is still is keeping track of those over ding numbers. I don't know how but i witness this awhile back. I believe it's still working that way because I know a guild m8 who's cl if registered would be like 89 and he can practically solo anything cl 60 to cl66 and it just adds on to the strength of his skills and w/e makes the mob weaker to higher cls. Just an example of course the fb has been tweaked where he brings a group with him now but it's crazy, my only explanation why we should see psychically track numbers and why raids who the players might be above cl 50 can clear 1 out quicker then they normally would at cl50. Not to mention the dps that would still increase with those high lvl gears.

[quote name='Orga2' timestamp='1329609436' post='53993']
I would recommended this only because last ST3 when i had more time to play I mean test for days on end. I notice something very odd about how the mechanics of it stored player data. Lets Say i target a cl 66 mobs now at lvl 150 and cl being at 50 exactly not over the cl 66 mob, it reminds a tough one to solo. Now lets say we raise the bar and over dinged on the cl to 70 cause we have a bored TE flying around killing nothing but cl 66s not beefed up yet how can one do that? This was dating back to ST3.

My theory the system adds on and it keeps virtual track of the strength points i guess not to mention the increase skill effects that say, increase X ability by 0.11skill points those go up in number i believe. So in away that isn't being psychically tracked by players but the mechanics or the game is still is keeping track of those over ding numbers. I don't know how but i witness this awhile back. I believe it's still working that way because I know a guild m8 who's cl if registered would be like 89 and he can practically solo anything cl 60 to cl66 and it just adds on to the strength of his skills and w/e makes the mob weaker to higher cls. Just an example of course the fb has been tweaked where he brings a group with him now but it's crazy, my only explanation why we should see psychically track numbers and why raids who the players might be above cl 50 can clear 1 out quicker then they normally would at cl50. Not to mention the dps that would still increase with those high lvl gears.
[/quote]

The game still uses CL50 no matter how many times you over-dinged it. The only benefit is the additional skill points.
Back in ST3, and for a while in ST4, CL66 only meant it had that much more shield/hull, there was no increased difficulty, just increased killing time.