Changed In This Version Compared To Old E&b?

Hey Everyone,

Is there a list somewhere what has changed compared to the original E&B back in the old days?

Loot? Skills? Mobs? Area's? etc.. etc..

Or is it the same?

Also quick question trough this, will there happen anything in the future? Will it stay free to play? Will there be a player wipe? About the developers, are there any from westwood involved or how i should see the devs?

Thanks! Edited by Ferio

the game is always free, yes we will wipe eventually and all staff have tags in name like Blacklung(HGM)

since this is a work in progress and a emulator everything will not be the same, we try to get it as close as possible

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1327921543' post='52701']
the game is always free, yes we will wipe eventually and all staff have tags in name like Blacklung(HGM)

since this is a work in progress and a emulator everything will not be the same, we try to get it as close as possible
[/quote]

Thanks!

I still have the things (loot tables) in my head from the original one.. Where to loot the best items (better than crafted), this will still be more or less the same? Can i still follow these loot tables from the original for example?

I left E&B halfway trough the story where the unknown came into the game. I never found out what happened, why they arrived and so on.

This emulator is after this event or before?

If anyone is able to tell me what ever happened to these unknown, im still curious.. )))

Do you know more or less when the wipe will happen? Would be a shame to level up hard now and then in 2 weeks there will be a wipe.. )) Edited by Ferio

Wipe countdown? You may have time to max a character or two, or maybe a whole account of characters. No time soon.
Really, it's a different story-line here for the most part. Unless you went around writing down everything all the NPC dialog said; most of that stuff is lost as it's part of their database and not located in the client. So it's all about little bits of what people remember along with writing in the rest of the content with what works.

The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer are in emulator, they weren't in live. They are still under development, so things on those 3 classes are subject to change. The PT is the most combat capable of the 3, since he gets L9 shields, 5 weapon mounts, and L5 Critical Targeting. PT is short at least 1 skill. JT and Scout likely have all their skills other than their 135 skill, but that's not definite. The Scout has 2 unique skills that weren't in live Afterburn, and Null Factor, they're also the only explorer with Hull Patch. The JT has one, Reactor Optimization, and can build everything except Shields & Progen equipment. The PT makes it possible for Progen to have PM Sparta Reactors.

Paramis sector wasn't around in Live, it's here in the Emulator, and there's the mini raid to kill the Ghost of Blackbeard that drops some new equipment not seen in Live. Paramis sector requires neutral or better Red Dragon faction to enter, and the gates in are in Odin Rex & Blackbeard's Wake.

The CFB shield has had a PT favorable buff added, so now all Progen get something out of the shield.

The Glorious Kimono & Hyperian Frontier's Friend shields have been introduced as custom L8 shields for the JT and Scout respectively.

Ganymede sector & Castor system have been added for the Jenquai Seeker.

Equatoral Earth & Proxima Centauri system have been added for the Terran Scout

Mars Gamma & Altair system have been added for the Progen Privateer.

We're still in Stress Test 4, Alpha & Beta are still to come. Alpha may come sometime this year. The game is free to play, but relies on donations from players to keep the servers open.

loot tables are somewhat similar to live but a lot different
skills are nearly identical to live except a few problems that we're trying to fix and the new skills
mobs look the same for the most part but their AI is different and is worked on frequently
about 5-10 new sectors mostly in Sol and the new classes' systems
everything was basically recreated from screenshots and our memories. We had to rewrite most missions and most talk trees.
all server staff are unpaid volunteers and are mostly ex-players

the storyline is set around what the story was as live began which is shortly after the end of the gate war. this means no "unknown", no maelstroms, no ardus sector and no der todesengel sector.

Now i start to understand why the game felt different. Starting area's were not the same as in live, it looked like but it was missing content or i can be wrong because it was like 10 years ago?

How much content is actually lost?

Where do you guys want to be at the end of 2012? What is the goal you are aiming for (future, player base etc) ?

Have you tried contacting the old westwood developers? I'm not sure if it will help but perhaps worth a shot.

Anyways really nice the game has been brought back and i hope it will continue to run and all effort done won't be for nothing!

Thanks guys!

Really in my opinion the game as it stands looks about 75-80% complete (as far as where it was near the end of live) content wise. Readding vrix and the vrix related stuff, DT, and whatever else is obviously missing would get that 10-20 percent back, hard content wise. (not to mention that new content and sectors that live never had, as stated above. pluto man, fricken pluto!. i dont remember no freaking pluto in live)

The biggest issue, IMO, is the fact that most content runs different than it did in live. Examples being Tengu behavior in cooper being much more aggressive than live, common mob farms in live like the Densou in ABB near the accelerators are WAY off in spawn time (there were at least 5 times as many in live, i remember quite well leveling up there for CL 10-15 in about 7 hours time), and im sure so much more could be said.

It is an unfinished, unpolished work-in-progress project riddled with errors (as far as exact replication is concerned, but that is NO FAULT of the dev team, they only have memories and screenies to work with here) and bugs... that is about 100 times more playable that any other MMO emulator im aware of. (if you want to see a really bad EMU, check out the SWG one... i seriously lold. Nothing works right, and its missing 7 years of content updates)

Oh yeah, population is pretty small, but what do you expect. Its just us die hards man... but I see new people every day or so.

So all in all, just log in and play man, youre gonna dig the nostalgia at the least, and itll all come back to you. Overlook the obvious missing stuff, mistakes and bugs and you wont even remember its just an EMU. Theyve done that good of a job.

Think of it this way... youd still just be remembering the game if you didnt, right? Edited by Ryle

[quote name='TooTall' timestamp='1328051366' post='52828']
And then there is the accellerator to Venus surface on the backside that some people dont know about.... :blink:
[/quote]

That works now?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328079677' post='52849']
We also have Shakti moon station, but the entrance is secret and way too difficult for most people to find.
[/quote]

Why is that? Something special about the station?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328098632' post='52859']
You might have heard it advertised while on other stations ... listen to the advert speech.
[/quote]

Ahh nope, just started actually. Have to look out for it then.

Now you've made me curious what is there! :lol: