Jd Summons

[size=4][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I wasn't sure where to put this. This was my observation of the Summons skill and Bug(s)[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Summons.[/font][/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Summons Enemy and Summons Friend work good.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summons Graphic's work perfectly.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summons pulse graphics work perfectly in the general direction of the player or NPC.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summons Pulling swirls (red Swirls) work in the correct direction toward the summoning JD off of the NPC or Player being Summoned.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summoned player or NPC are now right in front of the JD.[/font][/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Summons Group and Summon Enemy group.[/font][/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summons Pulse works in the correct direction of the targeted Player or NPC.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summons Pulling Graphic's (Red Swirls) are coming off of the JD. and they are always on the JD's Z:0.00 Axis and Always flowing in the +X: direction. [/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Never coming from the NPC or Never flowing in a different direction. Always flowing in the same direction no matter where the JD is pointed or in what sector.[/font][/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The real problem with Enemy Group Summon is that the Tageted NPC in the Group being summoned is very rarely in front of the JD ![/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The JD has to position himself or his group into the direction of his target in order to fire his weapons. [/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Summoned Group is always spaced out and sometimes 1 or 2 of the NPC materialize behind the JD ![/font][/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Without moving my ship I'll hit Summon Enemy Group again now it seems that the Enemy Group is being shuffeled in the JD's field of view the Targeted NPC is [/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Rarely summoned in the Line of fire of my Beams.[/font][/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]End..[/font][/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][font=Calibri]4[/font][/color][/font][/size]

I can confirm at least that a single target spawns in front of you, dont know how it works for "group summon" since my newly created JD is still a greenhorn :lol:

One thing tho..maybe change the [b]distance(!)[/b] and make it dynamically so the summoned mob spawns in front of you according to the weapons range?
It happend to my noob-JD (1 K beam range) that the mob spawned 2K away...which isnt very helpful.

It should be capped tho, to avoid a JD with 4K beam range placing the mob 4K away - because then the skill must be renamed to "Fold enemy" :D

I would design the formula that way:

Set the distance for the "respawn" fixed to 1500 (1.5 KM) so a low-level Chimeara can still hit.
Before executing the summon, check the max weapon range of the summoner [b]after[/b] buff.

[b]Only[/b](!) if the mob is outside this range, make mob spawn = player.MaxRange-100
[size=3][i](aka[b] low level cap[/b])[/i][/size]

This way a summon target is always 1.5 K and only if the beam/weapon range is less, mob gets placed weaponRange-100 (1000-100 = 0.9K), also avoids mob spawning always at the max.Range point (eg. 4K away).
There should be a check for the lowest range of all weapons being equipped, also there should be a (Null) check if the player has NO weapons equipped (=1.5 K default spawn).

Tien, is there something like a "perimeter" in the game/server?
I am thinking about summoning a mob 3-4 times till i got him at the noob station killing all lowbies while i watch it cloaked (exploiting the partially non working turrets).... Edited by Zackman

Personaly I dont understand what beam range has to do with summon distance, lets say i have a proto beam with 8k range does that mean when i summon a mob from 6.5k it will come to 4k?
Makes no sence to me, summon should be in your face like it was in live and not be afected by beam range period.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328306761' post='52982']
oh ... is the beam damage meant to drop off with distance?

Yep I can have summon go to 1/2 minimum beam range.
[/quote]

In Live use of beams at or beyond 50% range resulted in reduction of beam damage. The closer you went to maximum range, the greater the reduction to your beam damage, with beam damage at maximum range halved.

oh ok. That would explain a lot about how long it was taking me to collect bounties on those worm things in Capella somewhere (in live).

Summons is fairly in your face, they spawn between 1 and 2 k away from you - that's pretty close. You want it closer?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328317772' post='52998']
oh ok. That would explain a lot about how long it was taking me to collect bounties on those worm things in Capella somewhere (in live).

Summons is fairly in your face, they spawn between 1 and 2 k away from you - that's pretty close. You want it closer?
[/quote]

If you're talking about Red Spindles in Dahin & Yokan, those were also resistant to energy. You would be more effective with Plasma beams, even if you were below OL20 and didn't have a chim.

In Live the mission from Ketsugo in Yokan first had you hunt one set of worm like things around the N7 beacon, then red spindles (also somewhat wormlike), and after that Zenshai near Ouza. The part with the Zenshai was repeatable, until you reached CL20, then you had to go elsewhere.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1328324715' post='53011']
If you're talking about Red Spindles in Dahin & Yokan, those were also resistant to energy. You would be more effective with Plasma beams, even if you were below OL20 and didn't have a chim.
[/quote]

D'oh!! I had no idea about this kind of thing at the time. I didn't even know about player made beams until another guy the same level wandered through doing the same thing and wondered why I was having such a hard time...

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328325091' post='53012']
D'oh!! I had no idea about this kind of thing at the time. I didn't even know about player made beams until another guy the same level wandered through doing the same thing and wondered why I was having such a hard time...
[/quote]

I found out about Red Spindles on my JE the hard way in live. Also needed PM beams to beat them with my JE. Didn't learn about that mission with my JW until I was at the level where I'd face the Zenshai, and have to bring back 3 Zenshai fragments. (My JW was my first EnB toon, then I tried mining, and found how much I loved being an explorer)

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328306761' post='52982']
oh ... is the beam damage meant to drop off with distance?

Yep I can have summon go to 1/2 minimum beam range.
[/quote]
In Live Beam damage did full damage at half range, and scaled down to 50% damage at full range.
Right now in the Emu, all beams just randomly do 50-100% damage regardless of range, except for critical hits.

• 9 months later...
[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1328272755' post='52961']
I can confirm at least that a single target spawns in front of you, dont know how it works for "group summon" since my newly created JD is still a greenhorn :lol:

One thing tho..maybe change the [b]distance(!)[/b] and make it dynamically so the summoned mob spawns in front of you according to the weapons range?
It happend to my noob-JD (1 K beam range) that the mob spawned 2K away...which isnt very helpful.

It should be capped tho, to avoid a JD with 4K beam range placing the mob 4K away - because then the skill must be renamed to "Fold enemy" :D

I would design the formula that way:

Set the distance for the "respawn" fixed to 1500 (1.5 KM) so a low-level Chimeara can still hit.
Before executing the summon, check the max weapon range of the summoner [b]after[/b] buff.

[b]Only[/b](!) if the mob is outside this range, make mob spawn = player.MaxRange-100
[size=3][i](aka[b] low level cap[/b])[/i][/size]

This way a summon target is always 1.5 K and only if the beam/weapon range is less, mob gets placed weaponRange-100 (1000-100 = 0.9K), also avoids mob spawning always at the max.Range point (eg. 4K away).
There should be a check for the lowest range of all weapons being equipped, also there should be a (Null) check if the player has NO weapons equipped (=1.5 K default spawn).

Tien, is there something like a "perimeter" in the game/server?
I am thinking about summoning a mob 3-4 times till i got him at the noob station killing all lowbies while i watch it cloaked (exploiting the partially non working turrets)....
[/quote]

[quote name='Darkk' timestamp='1353257658' post='66468']
Summon range should be 1.5k.
[/quote]

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1353257883' post='66470']
Summon range should be .5k, ...............next!!!
[/quote]

I think the reason this issue is coming up is because we are actually testing/starting Low level characters.
I was going to post something about the summons range being to far away. Not the activation range but how far the NPC appears in from of the JD after the act.

For a Noobie JD and the Lasers range at L1 and L2 are 1.0 to 1.20 K when the NPC distance from the JD after the summons is 1.25 to 1.30.
The Noob JD will then have to chase down the NPC to get within range of their beams. By that time the Noob JD has already taken damage from the NPC that they can not afford.
Because the JD's engines at that Low level are most times too slow to chase an NPC down. The JD then has to abort the attack and warp out.

The Summons range should be Under 1.0k the NPC will then be in range for the JD and his group to fire on.