If Pvp Were Added - How To Make It Fun For All

Daywolf

If and when we do it, it will by nature be completely optional but there will be increased rewards for those willing to risk getting vaped.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1332707467' post='55958']
If and when we do it, it will by nature be completely optional but there will be increased rewards for those willing to risk getting vaped.
[/quote]

So those that don't PvP will be left out of increased rewards? Or are the rewards going to be only kept in the PvP zone, for PvP use? Please try to take into consideration other games that have PvP and make some attempt to keep the griefers from doing their thing even in a PvP zone. Nothing sours someone to PvP faster than trying it out, only to get killed gating into the area.

This population is tenuous at best so any PvP should be very carefully implemented, and assurances made to those who are against PvP that their game will not take a back seat to the PvP zones. Tough job ahead to keep everyone happy and I see some players bailing on the project either way you go.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1332710171' post='55961']
So those that don't PvP will be left out of increased rewards? Or are the rewards going to be only kept in the PvP zone, for PvP use? Please try to take into consideration other games that have PvP and make some attempt to keep the griefers from doing their thing even in a PvP zone. Nothing sours someone to PvP faster than trying it out, only to get killed gating into the area.

This population is tenuous at best so any PvP should be very carefully implemented, and assurances made to those who are against PvP that their game will not take a back seat to the PvP zones. Tough job ahead to keep everyone happy and I see some players bailing on the project either way you go.
[/quote]
Uhh yeh, EVE anyone? they were set to be on a duel experience track (their claim) just like WoW's (claims) of duel track, boths idea of dueling it had large negetive impact on the PvE experience, EVE from PvE content rot and griefers, and WoW from griefers and balancing issues.

Griefers being as they are, will use every loophole or hack etc. to do their dispicable deeds, it's just in their nature, if it is possible to do...it's going to be done by them, to the annoyance and detriment of others. I for one, hope this being a EMU and a older/free game is never going to be subject to ISK/gold spammers..that crap is SO annoying.

If there is to be PvP rewards, they need to be of the zero impact to the PvE variety. Like cosmetic rewards or titles, if there are to be tangable rewards (like gear) they need to be no better than what is in the PvE enviroment for like amounts of effort (Example: hellbore of the defender (same stats etc. as other existing hellbores): This missle launcher was awarded to the holder for their great efforts in protecting xfaction.)

Also if there are to be tangable rewards they need to be at least as hard if not harder to aquire as in the PvE enviroment, maybe some PvE raid type events with a like cooldown of the controller etc. with a singular award as well.

Of course if its to be PvP zone(s), other than arena type setting, and the gear remains in some locker in that zone, not to be fittable in PvE zone, the point would be moot. Edited by Mattsacre

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1332710171' post='55961']

[/quote]

Left out? No, as I stated it would be optional. That means you have the decision. That said, no we wouldn't offer increased rewards without increased risk. That would violate a fundamental game design principle. Also, all PVP, even open PVP is not 'grief' and if we design it, you'd have a period of immunity upon entering in which you could cloak or do whatever it is you do; also you can bring a group of friends to protect you.

Your game will not take a back seat, but if you want the rewards of that zone you will have to take the risks of dying in that zone.
  • Upvote 1

The fundamental problem with PvP in this game, is that there are classes that are totally unsuited to PvP.

I don't think it's a good idea to have that uber JE only item in a PvP zone, as we're unsuited to do PvP. Now if we have to turn in 20 stacks of refined unobtainium to earn an uber item, that makes more sense, given that we're designed to look for asteroids & mine them. Even then, mobs are far less dangerous than L150+ PWs.
  • Upvote 1

Who's to say we wouldn't change the rules of combat damage while in those zones to an extent? Or alter how players damage each other such as they do in most PvP?

While I see what you're saying, and I suspect we could offer said 'uber' item outside the zone, but it'll take a hell of a lot more to get it than it would if you took the risks. Perhaps the unobtainium is in much greater supply inside, for example.

Ok from what information and input I see, have interpreted and propose from the players, DEVs, Beta’s and GMs here is what I got.

PvPvE Characters are born in the PvP Zone and can never leave.

No PvP tag in Race starting sectors Until Grouped or you have a “In Your Hold” Item for PvP

You become Tagged PvP when: Your Grouped, You fire on a Factioned Enemy NPC, When you come within range of a Race controlled sector, You leave your races starting sector and/or you have a “In Your Hold” Item for PvP .

No Equipment Damage from PvP???
No Faction Effects from PvP???
No Debt from death/Incapacitation ???

PvPvE. (Player versus player versus environment.)

Only Items available through normal Vendor NPC that exist now in Earth and Beyond can be purchased in the PvP Zone. This DOES NOT Include Vendors in BBW and Paramis.

There will be a neutral Sector and Base station (No PvP tags)

Medals Of Valor will be rewarded for PvP and used to buy Semi-rare items, Ores and equipment at a Neutral Sector Base Station. (See PvP Load Outs)

PvP Load outs: The only items available for “Medals of Valor” will be of use to all three races (No Race Restrictions). Examples are as follows. For L6: Titan’s Heart, Steingerd’s Embrace, Ward Of Muck, Wyvern’s Fell Strike, Harpy’s Fell Devour, Cat’s Paw, Taniwha’s Pride, Thordis Lament, all Prototypes etc etc etc

A server wide broadcast “Call to Arms” will be announced when a gate or Base is being attacked.

Gate Raids across to Enemy territory. Gates guarded by a level 64 turret and multiple high level NPC of appropriate faction and AI. Once the Turret is destroyed the attacking players can enter the enemy sector. There should be a 10 minute respawn on the Turrets. Turrets can be healed. Players can join in to defend their gate, NPCs and sector. Every player incapacitated will award the opposing fractioned player a “Medal of Valor”. Every Group Member crossing into an enemy sector will receive a “Medal of Valor” A 15 minute exit timer between receipt of medals, this will stop players from entering and leaving enemy sector multiple times for multiple medals.

Base Raids that never end. Log off and come back on and the fight will still be going on. When ever a bases shields is reduced at intervals 75% and 50% “Medal of Valor” will be rewarded to every group member attacking the Base. When a bases shields are restored to 50% and 75% during the fighting the defending members will receive a Medal of Valor. The base will reset at 100% before giving out any more Medals of valor. Every player incapacitated will award the opposite attacking fractioned player a “Medal of Valor” when there has been an exchange of fire between players. Bases are guarded by high level NPC of the appropriate faction and AI and will continually spawn. (Providing combat XP and Trade XP.)

Hull upgrades are available from the Race PvP NPC for credits or Medals of Valor.

Mission item/Objective obtained spawn trigger of the appropriate faction, Local broadcast for retribution.

Call Forward Available at you home station via terminal/Kiosk.

All skills available for use no training or missions to acquire your skills. You just need the skill points.

PvPvE Zone is New massive multiple sector area.
----------------------------
When I look up at my night ski the Constellation I see is an Idea for the PvPvE Zone.

ORION ! (The Hunter)
  • Upvote 1

I think it's naive to believe you can have a strong PvP track that's "separate but equal" without affecting PvE. Why? Suddenly every decision has to made with the effect on PvP as a consideration. Want to create a new device that helps spot cloaked MOBs? Wait...how will that affect Jenquai combat balance in PvP? Want to create some cross-class interaction of skills to encourage PvE class mixing? Wait... will that create some unbalanced two-man team combination in PvP? Want to give away a nice piece of equipment from some uber-boss? Wait...will that make the owner unstoppable in PvP?

You devs will have a lot less latitude to try anything new when you have to also ensure that [i]every[/i] decision doesn't upset the PvP balance. If you haven't seen this at play in other games, you haven't been watching closely.

PvP can be a lot of fun, and human opponents will pull tricks that even the best AI will never try. But be wary of the handcuffs that come with it.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Calatin' timestamp='1332823458' post='55998']
I think it's naive to believe you can have a strong PvP track that's "separate but equal" without affecting PvE. Why? Suddenly every decision has to made with the effect on PvP as a consideration. Want to create a new device that helps spot cloaked MOBs? Wait...how will that affect Jenquai combat balance in PvP? Want to create some cross-class interaction of skills to encourage PvE class mixing? Wait... will that create some unbalanced two-man team combination in PvP? Want to give away a nice piece of equipment from some uber-boss? Wait...will that make the owner unstoppable in PvP?

You devs will have a lot less latitude to try anything new when you have to also ensure that [i]every[/i] decision doesn't upset the PvP balance. If you haven't seen this at play in other games, you haven't been watching closely.

PvP can be a lot of fun, and human opponents will pull tricks that even the best AI will never try. But be wary of the handcuffs that come with it.
[/quote]
/agree

Having played a few PvP games they can be loads of fun. But on the other hand griefers will make it totally unplayable imho. Even though you have the non combat mode of x seconds, or until movement, activation of buffs/weapons or warp, you will still have those players who WILL take this as a kill the new entrant.

If anyone has ever played Pirates of the Burning Seas, you will remember that open PvP for a new player is pretty tough. Even though it was pretty much hands off players under level 20 or so. There was no reward or no gain in getting their loot, they were still openly killed. On the other hand the argument that the new player may be trying to smuggle goods under the flag of being a low level character, so they were fair game. Also doing quests the players had to wait days, sometimes weeks to get out of or into a port to complete that quest.

Another game that had a massive exodus of players when it went to PvP was Ryzom. The best materials, were found in the PvP areas. And these materials were also used in non PvP areas.

It will be important that there is no advantage nor disadvantage for players to either partake in PvP or opt out in the overall game play. Getting an uber weapon in the PvP zone that can be used in the PvE areas will definitively upset those that refuse to play PvP for whatever reason and possibly cause a rage quit situation. Yes they can go to the PvP area and try their hand at getting that weapon, but you must remember that this game (other than arenas that were not overly used as I remember) drew players to it for what it was, NOT for the PvP.

I can't predict how PvP will affect this game but I am fairly certain that there will be many who won't give it a go.

Edit----
If you go to this address you will notice that the vast majority of current games have gone PvP or were designed from the onset to have it.

[url="http://www.mpog.com/gamelist.cfm"]http://www.mpog.com/gamelist.cfm[/url]

Are we really that close to getting all the bugs out to start talking PvP?

It seems to me I would rather see some of the old EnB flavor of the MASSIVE cooperative fish bowls of old be in game first. Also the Virix story line, a clean non exclusive Agrippa mission line, and lag and bugs in general fixed before adding PvP to the murk of a fledgling EMU. Can we agree that if the majority of players prefer to have the game as it was, without the addition of PvP that this part could or should be put on a back burner?
  • Upvote 4

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1332821892' post='55997']
Ok from what information and input I see, have interpreted and propose from the players, DEVs, Beta’s and GMs here is what I got.

PvPvE Characters are born in the PvP Zone and can never leave.

No PvP tag in Race starting sectors Until Grouped or you have a “In Your Hold” Item for PvP

You become Tagged PvP when: Your Grouped, You fire on a Factioned Enemy NPC, When you come within range of a Race controlled sector, You leave your races starting sector and/or you have a “In Your Hold” Item for PvP .

No Equipment Damage from PvP???
No Faction Effects from PvP???
No Debt from death/Incapacitation ???

PvPvE. (Player versus player versus environment.)

Only Items available through normal Vendor NPC that exist now in Earth and Beyond can be purchased in the PvP Zone. This DOES NOT Include Vendors in BBW and Paramis.

There will be a neutral Sector and Base station (No PvP tags)

Medals Of Valor will be rewarded for PvP and used to buy Semi-rare items, Ores and equipment at a Neutral Sector Base Station. (See PvP Load Outs)

PvP Load outs: The only items available for “Medals of Valor” will be of use to all three races (No Race Restrictions). Examples are as follows. For L6: Titan’s Heart, Steingerd’s Embrace, Ward Of Muck, Wyvern’s Fell Strike, Harpy’s Fell Devour, Cat’s Paw, Taniwha’s Pride, Thordis Lament, all Prototypes etc etc etc

A server wide broadcast “Call to Arms” will be announced when a gate or Base is being attacked.

Gate Raids across to Enemy territory. Gates guarded by a level 64 turret and multiple high level NPC of appropriate faction and AI. Once the Turret is destroyed the attacking players can enter the enemy sector. There should be a 10 minute respawn on the Turrets. Turrets can be healed. Players can join in to defend their gate, NPCs and sector. Every player incapacitated will award the opposing fractioned player a “Medal of Valor”. Every Group Member crossing into an enemy sector will receive a “Medal of Valor” A 15 minute exit timer between receipt of medals, this will stop players from entering and leaving enemy sector multiple times for multiple medals.

Base Raids that never end. Log off and come back on and the fight will still be going on. When ever a bases shields is reduced at intervals 75% and 50% “Medal of Valor” will be rewarded to every group member attacking the Base. When a bases shields are restored to 50% and 75% during the fighting the defending members will receive a Medal of Valor. The base will reset at 100% before giving out any more Medals of valor. Every player incapacitated will award the opposite attacking fractioned player a “Medal of Valor” when there has been an exchange of fire between players. Bases are guarded by high level NPC of the appropriate faction and AI and will continually spawn. (Providing combat XP and Trade XP.)

Hull upgrades are available from the Race PvP NPC for credits or Medals of Valor.

Mission item/Objective obtained spawn trigger of the appropriate faction, Local broadcast for retribution.

Call Forward Available at you home station via terminal/Kiosk.

All skills available for use no training or missions to acquire your skills. You just need the skill points.

PvPvE Zone is New massive multiple sector area.
----------------------------
When I look up at my night ski the Constellation I see is an Idea for the PvPvE Zone.

ORION ! (The Hunter)
[/quote]

Ain't going to happen..
Too much of an undertaking, good idea but...We can't afford another server.
I would like to communicate with the rest of the community through the game.
If we could make a character and have us choose the PvP Zone and still be on the Original Sunrise server that be nice. at server choice choose Orion PvP.

[quote name='Vitaes' timestamp='1327695729' post='52528']
As someone who was on a PvP server for nine years, about 95% of the encounters I had were never one on one. Keep that in mind. If there ever is PvP, players will find a way to kill PW's.
[/quote]

I can show the whole server how to do it : )

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1332848601' post='56002']
/agree

Having played a few PvP games they can be loads of fun. But on the other hand griefers will make it totally unplayable imho. Even though you have the non combat mode of x seconds, or until movement, activation of buffs/weapons or warp, you will still have those players who WILL take this as a kill the new entrant.

I can't predict how PvP will affect this game but I am fairly certain that there will be many who won't give it a go.

Are we really that close to getting all the bugs out to start talking PvP? [/quote]

Lets just put all creative development on hold while we work out the kinks =P
I don't advise anyone holds their breath during this period ;)

Just because "many" players may not utilize a feature in a game does not render it useless or give a Developer enough reason to negate it altogether. I've played a ton of MMO's over the years and I find it true that MOST players in MMO's with PvP systems do not utilize that part of the game.

+1 to PvP and to each his own. This is just another part of the game that may bring joy to players who don't get the same entertainment from mining, jobbing, building, touring, etc. as you do.

This PvP Is more than just PvP its a deviation from the repetitiveness of another FB, BBG or Mordi's
ITS CONTENT, that always changing.
Its a chance to pit your skills up against a living breathing person(s) not an NPC to which you have seen their tactic over and over again and you can predict. Point Shoot and go get some coffee.
Try to not to look as if your battling another player, instead pretend your fighting a Very Very intelligent AI and he/it will be very hard to kill and it going to try to stop you from completing your objective, And you will never know where they'll turn up.

I'm sorry but that sounds too Dam exciting to me.
This PvP can be for anyone That wants to.. PURELY ELECTIVE.
Make the PvP zone large enough to get lost in and not be seen if you so choose.

All I ask is that there be a GM in charge That is unbiased in PvP and guild influence or it will get ugly and the fun will be taken out of it.

Phor....

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1332971430' post='56032']
This PvP Is more than just PvP its a deviation from the repetitiveness of another FB, BBG or Mordi's
ITS CONTENT, that always changing.
Its a chance to pit your skills up against a living breathing person(s) not an NPC to which you have seen their tactic over and over again and you can predict. Point Shoot and go get some coffee.
Try to not to look as if your battling another player, instead pretend your fighting a Very Very intelligent AI and he/it will be very hard to kill and it going to try to stop you from completing your objective, And you will never know where they'll turn up.

I'm sorry but that sounds too Dam exciting to me.
This PvP can be for anyone That wants to.. PURELY ELECTIVE.
Make the PvP zone large enough to get lost in and not be seen if you so choose.

All I ask is that there be a GM in charge That is unbiased in PvP and guild influence or it will get ugly and the fun will be taken out of it.

Phor....
[/quote]
Of course you could look at this in reverse......
It's repetitive killing of other players instead of pitting your and other players skills against the FB, BBG ot Mordi's.....
IT'S CONTENT. thats always changing...in the same way, killing other players..etc.
it's a chance to pit your skills against another living breathing person..that becuase of skills and gear has to fight in a certain method/tactic that you can kill, and then go get some coffee....
try and look at it as not another npc in PvE but a living breathing person that has a family that cries when you cap them for the 1,437th time.....

as to the "unbiased" GM...impossible. EVERYONE has a bias, even if they don't know it and take great pains to not let it influence them, even if they are scrupulously fair in all dealings, people being people, SOMEONE will get their feelings hurt and blame others, even the GM for their condition.

I must +1 to the get the original near live game going.......THEN add enhancing features like PvP.

Can we agree the the PROJECT is get the live EMU going? Can we agree that added features like PvP needs to have 0 impact on PvE enviroment? Yes, someone can DEVELOP something in tandem like PVP...but don't IMPLIMENT it until you get the underlying game going right, we are discussing the paint job and pen striping of a muscle car that hasn't got the wheels, tuned up engine, or even the bondo sanded out yet.
  • Upvote 3

Id like to point out that as a rule PvP content is far more dynamic than any PvE based on the fact there is not an AI in the world that can accurately simulate an actual human player.

By its own right PvP is extremely flexible in that regard. You get a lot more bang for your development buck on PvP content because of tactical moves on the part of the ever changing and adapting playerbase.

Generally speaking, PvE never changes. Once you find the way to do it, thats just how its done, every time.

But yes, finish most of the main project, maybe release a PvP sector at late stage alpha or beta. Edited by Ryle

I know that it is the IN thing to do,, We have to have PvP as everyone else has it, and if we don't the players will just get bored and go elsewhere. This may sound like a valid argument on it's face but, how many are here because they loved the game as it was and how many are here because they just have to have another PvP game?

The original game (even though there was PvP plans in the works) did not have open PvP.

Also the arguments that the FB is or get's boring is a completely valid argument but only as the FB is today. The FB of old took massive cooperation, many groups and was still IMHO the most unique epic battle in the games that I have played.

Is there a possibility of getting the FB back to how it was? Is it even in the plans?

Like the Original Game, PvP will evolve it will change We / I would be naive to think it will be perfect first try.
Yes IMO the Orion PvP Zone is still too small. Right now as it stands there are not too many PvP interested Players
to fill this Zone.

If and when we do have a PvP Zone at or after Wipe one of my first Characters will be a PvP Class and I'll do my best to pull in recruits for the Jenquai and any Multiple Faction Player group alliances.
Please don't mis-understand that there will only be Terrans against Progens, Jenquai against Terrans etc etc. But there will be The Possibility of Multi-faction groups.

Some other idea's:
Also with the addition of free roaming NPC that are not tethered to a NAV could keep most of us on our toes.
What would also make it interesting is the Players in space Icons (Blue Triangles) can be changed to look like the NPC's Red or Green squares. If anything it'll be confusing as Hell..... :lol:

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1332990157' post='56037']
Of course you could look at this in reverse......
It's repetitive killing of other players instead of pitting your and other players skills against the FB, BBG ot Mordi's.....
IT'S CONTENT. thats always changing...in the same way, killing other players..etc [/quote].

Agree to Disagree, A Player WILL find a way to defend and / or defeat another player, Using the assistance of NPC's to do this will be possible. Set your auto follow on a formation of friendly NPC and Blend in, I see where it would be possible for a single player (JE) using this tactic to their advantage in combat.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1332715089' post='55969']
The fundamental problem with PvP in this game, is that there are classes that are totally unsuited to PvP.

I don't think it's a good idea to have that uber JE only item in a PvP zone, as we're unsuited to do PvP. Now if we have to turn in 20 stacks of refined unobtainium to earn an uber item, that makes more sense, given that we're designed to look for asteroids & mine them. Even then, mobs are far less dangerous than L150+ PWs.
[/quote]

Terrell..+1.. Excellent point and Idea..

Mission: Fly to Alnilam and Prospect the hulks Jenquai Capital Ship "Dohmo Maru" and "Sphincter Maru" and "Maru Maru" and retrieve The "Medal of Valor" or The Schematics for (Insert Item name)

[img]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/Phorth/pvpve44.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/Phorth/Alnilam20Desc.jpg[/img]

See I like this a Nice civilized Discussion on the subject..........

Phorlaug..
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, interesting. I like the idea of the scan debuff for all. Why not take it further to a hull/shield point averager, so that every class is within 1-3k of another class for more fairness sake.

For rewards, perhaps "certificates of Hardware engineering" for bonus device hardpoints or weapons hardpoints.

And yet... to completely rip my own idea to shreds, that would take considerable tweaking to the game core itself, not something which we can really do currently.

Hmm, I love the thought of the Orion Nebula... Question however. Which sector in game currently would this new area be connected to? Edited by Zethro

look at his map sample, 3 sectors, 1 each for each race, so it would link 2 off from their current in-game sectors...rigel prob off mars or endriago...Betelgeuse off of jupiter or capella..Bellatrix off of earth or sol.

Or maybe 1 off from current nonfunction gate/sector like jenquia's gate teloloc. Teloloc could be the sector that jumps off to Betegeuse etc.

[quote name='Zethro' timestamp='1333346099' post='56316']
Hmm, interesting. I like the idea of the scan debuff for all. Why not take it further to a hull/shield point averager, so that every class is within 1-3k of another class for more fairness sake.

For rewards, perhaps "certificates of Hardware engineering" for bonus device hardpoints or weapons hardpoints.

And yet... to completely rip my own idea to shreds, that would take considerable tweaking to the game core itself, not something which we can really do currently.

Hmm, I love the thought of the Orion Nebula... Question however. Which sector in game currently would this new area be connected to?
[/quote]

They won't be connected and shouldn't, we don't want anyone straying into the zone unknowingly, and we don't want to give anyone that doesn't want PvP a reason to go to PvP (explore XP etc etc).[b] But [/b]I would suggest the Two gates that have been under-construction forever:
The one in Antares and [color=#000000]61 Cygni iirc...[/color]

With the mentions of Tlaloc, would be nice if that was an actual sector, so if there is a Jenquai PvP sector/system, instead of the Tlaloc gate taking you directly there, how about you have to go through Tlaloc sector first, and have the gate to from Tlaloc to such a zone.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1333397495' post='56330']
With the mentions of Tlaloc, would be nice if that was an actual sector, so if there is a Jenquai PvP sector/system, instead of the Tlaloc gate taking you directly there, how about you have to go through Tlaloc sector first, and have the gate to from Tlaloc to such a zone.
[/quote]
yeh thats what I meant by 1-off gates, have a sector behind old "underdevelopment" gates go to some protozone, sort of raw zone without station services (kind of like antares live), then from there have a exceleration gate (to distinguish it being different) that needs a key or code to go through, (to avoid "accidentally" straying into PVP zone by noobs), and even on the PVP side, have a staging area within heavy untargetable turret coverage, to prevent gate camp griefers.

Have accessing the gate to PVP be keyed off a npc that cautions anyone going through with a triple redundancy, saying something like " My brother-in-law went in there last week, and we haven't seen them since..are you REALLY sure you want to go through there?" *pick yes or no* " I really didn't think much of the guy, but my sister is really upset and unconsolable and it would be a shame if your family had to go through the loss if you didn't make it back..." *pick yes or no* " o.k. but just so the authorities don't blame me later, and to be sure your estate is equatibly distributed, I must insist you fill out these standard will and release forms before I give you the access code...." pick yes or no, "o.k. *crosses themselves* my consious is clear, I warned you buddy, here is the code.....good luck!"

I wasn't really thinking of Tlaloc as a pre-PVP zone, but simply a normal zone PvE zone comparable to any other one, that happens to have a gate to a PvP sector/system in it should PvP be implemented according to Phorlaug's design. I'm cool with plenty of warning before going into any PvP sectors/systems should such be implemented.

I'd love to see Tlaloc open regardless of PvP being implemented. Would be new content that wasn't around in Live. Also in Live the gate said "Malfunctioning Gate to Tlaloc" rather than "Sector Gate to Tlaloc".

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1333397495' post='56330']
[/quote]

[img]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/Phorth/pvpTlaloc.jpg[/img]

This may save the Server choice at login and make it a little easier for the DEV's not to have to create some kind of Naked Character login in the PvP zone??

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1333403871' post='56340']
My brother-in-law went in there last week, and we haven't seen them since..are you REALLY sure you want to go through there?" *pick yes or no* " I really didn't think much of the guy, but my sister is really upset and unconsolable and it would be a shame if your family had to go through the loss if you didn't make it back..." *pick yes or no* " o.k. but just so the authorities don't blame me later, and to be sure your estate is equatibly distributed, I must insist you fill out these standard will and release forms before I give you the access code...." pick yes or no, "o.k. *crosses themselves* my consious is clear, I warned you buddy, here is the code.....good luck!"
[/quote]

Thats funny SHT !

If it will be possible for a character to enter the PvP zone they should only enter with the items they were born with.
They will have all their Skill points, builds and credits Wiped. Heres why...
Earth and Beyond was created with certain Races and Classes being tanks, DPS and Healers with said buffs and item to battle ONLY NPC and every Character was in Support of each other.

I will admit that EnB was made to be a PvE game WITH PvP being a secondary consideration. BUT I also strongly believe that the "Under-construction" gates were one way too lead possibly to PvP zones and the[b] arena [/b]was a test bed for the PvP zone(s). Eletronic Arts saw this as a huge undertaking and would of had to change the games original format to make it a balanced PvPvE. This should of been done before the game was rushed into production, I see this as a blessing because WE all can make it into our very own PvPvE enjoyable for all

I really don't know but it sounds Logical and this is only my opinion.

I stand by the Communities original ideas on PvP as I had listed. What ever happens in PvP stays in PvP and every item available and obtainable in the PvP zone will have to be carefully planned and implemented for the sake of balance.

.[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1328152700' post='52889']
I also saw another thread at some point suggested a game in the PVP area where miners "mine" a ball and turn it into a sports game, trying to get the 'ball' to the net, where you would obviously have to be able to attack the other player.
[/quote]

The Ball in this case would be the "Medal Of Valor"

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1333032097' post='56061']
Terrell..+1.. Excellent point and Idea..

Mission: Fly to Alnilam and Prospect the hulks Jenquai Capital Ship "Dohmo Maru" and "Sphincter Maru" and "Maru Maru" and retrieve The "Medal of Valor" or The Schematics for (Insert Item name)
[/quote]

Phorlaug.