Net7Config.exe For Running Custom Resolutions

I am able to run the game in windowed mode and using custom reolutions as per this guide. My issue is that I want to run two windows and be able to see them at the same time. I click on the title bar at the top of one of the screens and try to drag it to where I want it to sit, but it won't move. Anyone know how I can go about moving each window?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

With all of the proper .exe files set to run in WinXP, Service pack 3; I find I have no need to worry about what size my game video screen will be.  It will either come out as 800X600, or 1280X768.  My monitor is a 32" Magnavox HDTV, with a max resolution of 1320X768, which is what I normally run all my games at.  They just seem to fit right in.  Now all I need is the updated version of the client?/proxy?/what ever it is.  Mine is not the current 2.41version, but the older version.  Any one know where I can find the newer version?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Windows 8 - You do not have the option to set compatibility mode in most of the EXE files under EA Games

Also, the LauncherNet7.exe only gives compatibility options for Vista and Windows 7 ....no option for winxp

I applied what settings I could, also besure to disable ipv6 settings in your NIC 

This helped with gating and blackholeing a great deal!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also unable to get the net7config above 1440x900.  I have Windowed mode checked so I can manually type in a size but it will not accept any larger.  With Windows mode unchecked 1440x900 is also the largest size available.  My actual screen resolution is 1920x1200 which is what I would like to be closer to.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

To move the game windows you right click on the window icon in the taskbar,

you should see 'move' typing, there will be no cursor so you will need to move your cursor to see the 'move' typing highlighted,

when you click on the 'move' typing there should be a 4 way arrow icon on the game window,

drag to where you want to place it on your desktop

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am replying to my own question so I don't forget it again and hopefully someone will find it useful. 

First....I am doing a new install for Win 10 Pro 64.

Some of the files that we have to set for compatability mode do not have XP listed so I left that part alone and just checked the run as admin box near the bottom.  

Two of files you have to give admin rights to do not have a tab under properties to do so to.  C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\gpatch.exe,  patch.exe

The step where you open C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\net7config.exe   The largest screen option I have is 1440x900.  I opened it with admin rights and still have no option to make it higher.  I can lower it but I want it larger.  What I found was I had to open E&BConfig.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG) and change it in this box.  I have Windowed mode checked and made it 1600x1024 and then click OK and it gives you the choice to run a test which shows you the window size.  After that it is holding the window size and the game seems to work fine.  So far no bad gate or undocking/docking crashes or bad lag.

Thanks to Magoo for the basic instructions.  Everything else was spot on and works great for Win 10 Pro 64

• 8 months later...

Easiest way to do custom resolutions : Using the Windows registry editor, look for this key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Render

Values RenderDeviceWidth and RenderDeviceHeight are the two that you modify; make sure you change to Decimal before editing the value.

RenderDeviceWindowed should be 0 (fullscreen) or 1 (windowed)

Note that this can only be done after running E&BConfig.exe for the first time, which creates the key values. Enjoy your now custom fitted res.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I got win10 working in a window the correct size but, I noticed a couple of things that might make this easier to accomplish. If you right click the launcher icon and run compatibility mode on the whole program and set it for XP SP3 then run net7config to set your res the size you want. Seems to get everything in sync. Before I did the compat mode on the program, I couldn't get the esc button or the enter station button to work while in space. I could move around but I couldn't exit. Also, in the net7config there were 3 seperate listings for my GPU. I had to use the last one on the list or the res I tried to set were 50% bigger than they should have been. Maybe this will help....

I just figured out why there are three diff GPUs in the list in net7config... one for each screen. So, you can set a custom res for each screen ( I have 2 monitors and the TV in my system)

Edited by warnog

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues where I can't swap windows and when I do the program will not register the mouse clicks on the window I switched to keyboard works fine though. Second I ran the net7 config utility and it doesn't change the resolution and I have to run the EnBconfig instead. I'm using Windows 10 as well. Please any help would be appreciative.

• 5 months later...

Is there a limit to the numbero f resolutions it shows or a minimum resolution ?

I normaly run at 1440x1080 full screen 4:3.

But im going to start multiboxing at some point, and i would like to run 640x480 windowed so i can have 6 windows open across a single 1920x1080 screen (42" TV so size is fine)

Problem is it is currently only showing 800x600 as the lowest res.

640x480 is available in windows and on NCP, but not in the EnB config.

help please.

Never mind, im dumb ..didnt have admin mode enabled >.< on the net7config .exe which DID have the resolution i want available, unlike the launcher config ..which is odd.

That being said i now have a new oddity.

I have a 1920x1080 screen.

So divide 1920 by 3 and you get 640.

if i make 3 640x480 windowed EnB screens and put them side by side left to right, i find that i dont have enough room, they add up to more than the screen can show. Even when overlaping each window to account for the border.

The amount of screen missing is equivalent to the space between the arrows to quit or accept at the loggin screen and the edge of the window.

I found out that the issue is the newer windows aero. if you set the windows theme to windows classic, the borders around windows become super thin and fit snuggly together.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight

• 2 months later...