Ps - Should I Build A Tt Also?

Hiya,

Well, I have been lurking for ages and now I've finally got some time to play E&B again :)

I'm just after abit of advice, I have just got my first hull upgrade last night.
So far i have been using vendor weapons and ammo. Would I be better rolling a TT so i can build my own weapons or just buy vendor/ hassle builders ;) ?

Thanks for any advice

Up to you, if you want to build your own ammo which is something a Sentinel cannot do, either a TT or PT could do that for you. Might make the most sense to put the PE and TT or PT on opposite accounts so you don't need a 3rd party to trade between them.

May want to get items made by other players that already have the items printed. It is near impossible to keep build skills up with your toons leveling unless you restrict yourself to very few items. Generally check the DB at www.net-7.org, purchase the comps (and/or grab the ore) and then ask in market for the items you need: WTB PM L4 Falkirk shield (have comps/ores at F7).

I like to explore and build, so I run two accounts where I mainly play a PP and a JE. If there is a wipe, I will probably switch the PP for a TT. I like the PP well enough, but I like the lvl7 Negotiate on the TT even more, and hull patch is nice too. If I want more firepower, I think I'll just add a third account and add a warrior instead.
As Crichton mentioned, it's hard to get the nice loot only items to print at the level you need them. I depend mostly on the helpful players at F7 to build weapons, shields, devices and reactors for my top level characters. Components, engines and ammo I usually get myself, since most are available at vendors so I can print what I need. My JE has a vault with most level 6-9 ores, so I usually have ores I need for all the components I need. The plan is to flesh out my top characters build lists as I go to supply most of the gear I need when I level up my alts.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1327919517' post='52699']
It should be also stated that the PP is missing 3 skills.
Hopefully these skills will be good and not a direct copy of any other skills...
[/quote]

Hopefully they'll be something never seen before. Since you mention them being 3 skills short, does that mean that classes can have more than 17 skills, (counting techs) plus 1 affiliation skill? If so that's really nice, as the Scout & Seeker could benefit as well.

Well, I can't be sure but its all due to the amount of activated skills and amount of passive skills.
One of the reason why the Privateer seems rather easy to fully skill out is it is - because there is currently less to choose from

Although not sure if more can be fitted in (ask a coder instead).
Take a Sentinel, with Call Forward (the 'new skill') for that class, the Sentinel can be fully loaded out.

I suspect whatever skills are chosen will reflect the Progen way, and the Collegia remit.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1327959339' post='52743']
Well, I can't be sure but its all due to the amount of activated skills and amount of passive skills.
One of the reason why the Privateer seems rather easy to fully skill out is it is - because there is currently less to choose from

Although not sure if more can be fitted in (ask a coder instead).
Take a Sentinel, with Call Forward (the 'new skill') for that class, the Sentinel can be fully loaded out.

I suspect whatever skills are chosen will reflect the Progen way, and the Collegia remit.
[/quote]

Yeah, I counted, skills, techs, and builds, except for affiliation skills, and it adds up to 17 skills. The PT currently has 16 skills. The PT is short one skill compared to the original 6, so IMO they should get 1 unique L7 skill and 1 affiliation skill (with all classes having 1 L1 affiliation skill).

Now if it's possible for the PT to get 3 more skills, that would actually be even better for the JT & Scout, as they could be made more useful without having to lose any of their existing skills. This would be plenty more work for the developers. It would also mean that the 3 new classes have more skills than the original 6 classes. This may cause headaches for the devs.

Traders, all have at least 4 builds, (PT having 4 while JT/TT have 5) while warriors and explorers have no more than 2, freeing up more slots for combat/exploration skills in non-traders.

• 3 weeks later...
Ideally something that is not too similar to all the other races...

Originally, WestWood developers were going to give the Progen a dismantle skill, so Progen would be the best at dismantling gear.
I suppose its' not too far fetched to have something like that for the Privateer, and have it level 1-7 (relating to the level of the item being dismantled), so to become a good builder you may also want to have a matching dismantle level, if you wanted all the parts back.

In order to make it useful the Dismantle would either have to:

a) give an extra inherant bonus to successfully analyze or dismantle an item
or
B) give the chance that the dismantled parts could have a quality higher than 100%

a) would be easier to implement than B) is my feeling [plus not incur the wrath of item-developers!]