Why I Think We Need A Player Wipe.

Lannister

I also am against a player wipe, for many of the same reasons that the others have given. You will lose a butt load of players, and as such, player support and donations. Further, just knowing a wipe is pending leaves little motivation to keep playing this emulator.

If some players are bored, perhaps they should start over instead of subjecting the entire playerbase to their whims.

Maybe the dev's should consider a volentary player wipe. Those that want to keep their characters intact would be allowed to, and the others that want a wipe could get one that way. Also, consider the folks who donate to this emulator. Perhaps they should be allowed to keep their toons if they want?? (This was mentioned by somebody in guild chat last night and is worth bringing up). Personally, I am not sure I would keep playing if a wipe occured, knowing we would have to start from scratch isn't exactly appealing, and for many, knowing of more wipes takes away interest of putting any more time into this game, whatsoever.

Please consider such an action as a player wipe VERY CAREFULLY. There are always alternatives to handling such a thing. And not everyone wants something like this to happen. In fact, I would be willing to bet that most folks who play this game would be opposed to a wipe. I hope for the sake of this emulator going forward, that a hard line approach (a full wipe against what the players wishes) doesn't happen or this project will likely end soon after.

Thanks for reading...

-Overt.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So the real issue is that some people have more prints than others and there are not enough players? I'd suggest we open Ardus and Der Todsangel, look at loot tables, and invent or reopen some missions like Zach. And then do some advertising and promotion (personally and by the team) to get more players.
  • Upvote 4

All of you keep talking as though the EMU is in its "Live" state already. Just take a step back, catch your breath and then take your next step into reality. You will feel much better. No one from the player-base is going anywhere. And even if you do, you always come back anyways... C`mon .. admit it now. Just have fun and enjoy the ride. [i][b]GALI[/b][/i]
  • Downvote 4

I agree with
[b] [url="user/2240-amethyst/"]Amethyst[/url][/b]

BUT PLEASE those who that keep bring up a player wipe please stop your whining and try to enjoy the game. if you think others have an advanage because they have more prints or more skill points then you...I have some EVE toons you can play. They have a million plus skill points and loads of stuff.

sorry been a bad day at work...
  • Upvote 3

I really don't want to see another wipe, for all of the same reasons given above.
However, I will list some of the reasons for waning population on the server. Some are factual, some are perceived.

Other recent game releases, prolly #1 in low player count lately.

Lack of "new" content introduced. This one is a biggie for many folks I know. Boredom leads to not playing this game and going elsewhere. New sectors have been built and opened a long time ago, lets open DT, the Maelstroms, etc. Everyone like new stuff.

Favoritism, there I have said it. It's perceived, whether true or not. Certain people can do things ingame nobody else can do, they know who they are and I won't mention names here.

The Devs have done an awesome job getting things to where they are here. I remember during st2 the massive bugs, most things didn't work at all, etc. And now look at the state of the game, for all intents and purposes really playable in all regards. Sure there are still things that don't work correctly, but for the most part it's coming right along very well.

If there has to be a wipe, so be it. I'll still be here, and hopefully most folks will too. :)
  • Upvote 1

Im sorry but i have to say something.

Most of you are talking as if we are running `live` and forget we arent even at alpha release yet.
The whole point of having a player base at this stage is so you guys can check everything works.
How can all aspects of the game be tested with everyone at lvl150?
Who is going to check starter sectors, low level missions etc if everyone is 100 plus?

I was on beta for live and we had a fair few wipes before we went live.

I say bring on a wipe.
Lets get all the low end content checked off the list.

Fact is that a wipe WILL happen eventually.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:D how about permadeath PvP weekend?!? Woohoo! Then wipe the survivors (those that didn't log in to die) and deploy 10x XP for the following 90 days? Epic... purely epic hehe
(yeah I know... :/ )
had ta be said though :)

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1327449978' post='52201']

Most of you are talking as if we are running `live` and forget we arent even at alpha release yet.
The whole point of having a player base at this stage is so you guys can check everything works.
Who is going to check starter sectors, low level missions etc if everyone is 100 plus?

I say bring on a wipe.

[/quote]

Make sure there's plenty of content to do while leveling up, so there's something for us to test, and fun to be had. Make sure that each class has content to do what they're designed to do.

Explorers should have NPCs that give out mining missions in their newb sectors. There was a low level one in Live for the JE that was given at Paren Station where one had to fly to the Tazeron nav in Kitara's Veil and mine some of each color of Tazeron, and return to the mission giver. Scouts & Sentinels would be included when talking about explorers, though their newb missions would be more likely to have a trade element for a Scout or a combat element for a Sentinel.

Traders should have missions that revolve around getting resources and learning to build, or even learning some new builds. A JT's mission may also require some recon or exploration on her part, while a PT might have to go put his foot in some mob's behind.

Warriors of course would have combat based missions, though the JW and TW may also have some recon & trade missions respectively.

Starbases could start having NPCs with "needs" for the base. They could give out missions based on the base's needs, and the player's ability to meet said needs. This means that the NPC needs to be able to know the level, race, and profession of the player that approaches, and give missions accordingly. Warriors clearing space lanes for travel, traders building things that the base needs or sometimes travel related missions (though JEs are the best class for travel), Explorers bringing in ores or gases needed at the base.

I say bring on a wipe.

[/quote]

Nope, sorry Shad - i disagree:

The very reason this IS a test-server makes a wipe unessesary. A wipe is something very harsh and should only happen due to technical issues

We all level low alts up, all time - so "missing low level testers" is no avlid arguement

I am still looking forward a final statement so i know how to move on. I will not level the grindmill again without any reason, only because some1 got bored...

[color=#ff0000][b]CAN WE HAVE A FINAL STATEMENT PLEASE?[/b][/color]

mini-rant enabled:
Just wondering......since Bug Tracker is now in place. How many bugs have been written up? Is this helping the devs are are your 'to-do' lists so large that this doesn't matter at the moment?

It seems a lot of people are posting that they won't 'play' the game anymore if there is a wipe.....but are you guys/gals currently testing the EMU or only playing it? I run accross a few bugs almsot every time I play and am always surprised that others have not reported them already. I know the devs seem to get stuff fixed pretty quickly when bugs are reported so I have to wonder if players are just not reporting bugs/missing functionality with the hope that this will prevent a wipe or maybe they think its not their responcibility to do so since they are donating money fo run the server.

Either way it seems to me like the overall attitude in the EMU is currently wrapped around gearing/leveling and complaing about lack of 'new' content instead of focusing on getting the EMU up to a 'Live' point within a resonable timeframe.
mini-rant disabled.

Perhaps it is possible to build in a "Reset My Account" feature somewhere in the game (maybe via Net-7.org)? I'm sure some of the bored ones will take advantage of it, and if anything, a bonus could be provided to those who Reset and/or those who reset more than X amount of times in Y months.

Providing more time to those users who're slow (in the LVL 25 to 100 range) might provide more opportunity to find bugs than relying on those who seem to speed to 150 all the time.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1327452188' post='52207']
We all level low alts up, all time - so "missing low level testers" is no avlid arguement

[/quote]

Now just to clarify, blasting your toon up to level 30 in a day by multiboxing or touring, isn't exactly helpfult to testing. You personally may not do it, but I suspect the majority do.

As far as wipes, when I joined I fully expected wipes to happen, at least every stage (each stress test, each new stage etc). I'm certainly happy if it doesn't but I would imagine that moving from Beta would be the last wipe. So regardless of when the next wipe is, how does it change things when there will be one more before all is said and done? (honest curiosity here)

New content is great, and I look forward to it, but I doubt now, Alpha or even Beta is a time to unveil it. I'm sure we'll see some new things, but something has to be saved for after Beta right? Focusing on content now, would just slow down progress. How many skills have problems? How many mobs don't have skills they should? Many many bugs are still out there, not even mentioning missions. I understand losing your character is hard, but how much more rewarding would it be to do it with all workiing mob and player skills? :)

I say bring on a wipe.

[/quote]

Well guess what Shaddex there are people starting new toons that have multiple 150s, I did everyone in my guild has. Along with many many others.

If testing needs done guess what other games do, get more testers which is harder to do now that so many have left the project due to the wipe threat or boredom of grinding up toons every time some call for a wipe. I rarely even see a beta tag (maybe once or twice on this server). And have seen multiple posts asking for betas by DEVs to test new content, whether this has been done or not is the issue.

Look at early on when the the server had a 200 cap and you could barely log in cuase it was full and you couldnt multibox like now. Now probably 1 or 2 thirds of the number that show up on the server when you log in are multiple accounts.

The real question is do a wipe now and loose more or not wipe and fix things and contunue to get new people that will stay around longer with no impending wipe at every stage.

To wipe just so every one starts fresh is kind of a put off to new people and to all but the hardcore players.

This will always be an EMU not live, untill the project owns the rights as there will never be cds on shelves in stores, can legally advertise or sell the game on download sites etc. I know the devs have put a *&^%load of effort into the EMU but at any point EA could order a cease and desist order easily. It may be considered abandonware by some but EA still owns EnB period.

Let me ask this what would happen if a dev went rouge and implanted a virus into the dev stuff that wiped out all thier hard work (server code, website, opcodes etc), would many feel like starting over totaly again? Or just say forget it, it took this long to get here and I do not feel like investing all this effort and time all over again. Purely hypothetical but take that and truly think about it. Only the truly hardcore would most likely stay and start again and the same goes for the playerbase each wipe. Edited by shadowxsx

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1327418916' post='52164']
How can you justify charging big money with that in mind?
[/quote]

Because you have a public server to play, and it costs money. Specifically the amount we put up. Remember this is all your donation(s) pay at present. No service guarantees a 100% uptime, not even a triple A. Having that in mind I'm also going to say we won't do it unless we need it, but there are some things we can't find out about with everyone playing their 150s.

I will pose it to you like this, when we need to test it, we can back up the broken character data as is, and let you start from the beginning as a temporary measure so you can test, or we could grant commands so you could all be bored because it has no challenge. In the long run though, we can't fix certain things and know they are working as intended without a clean database. I'm sorry this disheartens people, but its not optional because this is a trial & error reverse engineering project where we never understood the client fully.

It cannot be compared to a game where the developers have full understanding of their client and all source, as that makes a hell of a difference in what can be done, and how things can be traced.

The only option when we need it is to wipe the data, e.g. guilds now that we believe the guild bugs are corrected, most of the data in the guild tables is corrupted in some way or other in that it has invalid values or links to the wrong guilds names, and things like that. There's no way in this instance we can tell the bugs are fixed other than to wipe it and have you all try to recreate your guilds to see what happens.

Remember that you have to take a step back and look at it from other points of view, not just the "I've worked long and hard at this and I'm gonna quit if you guys wipe" because I can tell you right now, that's not going to influence the decision in even the most minute way if the staff feels that its necessary to find something. All it amounts to is a tantrum, and I think our playerbase is a little more mature than that, though.. I guess I could be wrong. :)

(note also CPwings this wasn't directed solely at you or anything, I just saw roughly that sentence and it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I'm so tired of having donations thrown in our face, if they aren't paid we can go back to the days where everyone sits on the forum and wonders when we'll release, its as simple as that.)

All that being said:

A wipe is guaranteed before release, and will be done in Alpha & Beta as needed by Tienbau and the primary programming staff, though like i said we can back it up and restore it if you're hell bent on retaining what you have, although I can't really understand this given the nature has always been clear that this is a test and nothing is guaranteed. Though there [b]will be periods in which we require testing and I don't want to hear any gruff about it, if you want to do it that way. [/b]You can all post your thoughts on it because its not a hassle for us in the long run to back up the user data before we clear it for testing, and it only takes a few minutes to reload it. Let me know what you think about that, as its the only thing we're going to offer, but it will mean you will go without your toons until we get the things tested that we need tested.

[color=#b22222][b]WIPE:[/b][/color]

[quote]
A wipe is guaranteed before release, and will be done in Alpha & Beta as needed by Tienbau and the primary programming staff
[/quote]

Thats all i wanted to know - thank you for clarifying.

A wipe before alpha out of purely arbitrary because some dont know what to do ingame would have broken my trust in the emu completely.
We all [b]knew and know[/b] that a wipe at alpha-stage/beta-stage is needed.

But know that all postings here made so far were talking about a wipe[b] before[/b] alpha and the meaningsless aggro-potential of such action.

[b]You want to hear thoughts:[/b]
1. Alpha wipe with backup. Backup restoring after Alpha test - until beta hits.
[size=3][i] (Rethinking needed if Alpha results in needed essential database changes rendering the old data useless)[/i][/size]
2. Beta is a "real wipe"

Beta means "We think its done, lets see if there are still bugs" - so its a "release candiate".
With that in mind i wouldn't restore any backup anymore. Every participant of the beta and every toon created from then on should "go live".

[b]Thats what we know, thats what everyone was expecting, thats what everyone accepted joining here.[/b]

[b][color=#b22222]ATTITUDE:[/color][/b]
[quote]
because I can tell you right now, that's not going to influence the decision in even the most minute way if the staff feels that its necessary to find something. All it amounts to is a tantrum, and I think our playerbase is a little more mature than that, though.. I guess I could be wrong. :)
[/quote]

This is not the first time i read one of your postings with a certain attitude. It's this "slightly arrogant attitude from high above" that sticks out sometimes the way you [b]put[/b] things.
I am also aware of being sensitive to the written word and the "sound of it" - sometimes oversensitive and i might be wrong.

I hope that it is [b]not[/b] your intention to sound like that, so let me rephrase the sentence how it is [b]reading[/b] to me:
"We dont fu.. care what u think, we do what we think is needed and if you little unmature crybabies got problems with it....can i have your stuff?"

Sound very rude - although that was the drastical version of it. I admit, a bit too drastical but you get the idea.

You can do smarter, "pull people into your boat" - what you do is to create two opposite camps (do you say it this way?)
Of course you know already what needs to be done - it's just about [b]how[/b] to communicate such things.

[color=#b22222][b]GUILDS:[/b][/color]
[quote]
The only option when we need it is to wipe the data, e.g. guilds now that we believe the guild bugs are corrected, most of the data in the guild tables is corrupted in some way or other in that it has invalid values or links to the wrong guilds names, and things like that. There's no way in this instance we can tell the bugs are fixed other than to wipe it and have you all try to recreate your guilds to see what happens
[/quote]

This is something everyone can understand the way you put it.

[b]What i would do:[/b]
Have a SQL innerjoin query selecting the guildID, guildName and join on usertable, row Toon Name and email address.

You got now: Guildname, userID, email, Toonname.

Send out a mail and inform the player that a "guild-recreation process" (dont use the word delete or wipe) has to take place on 15th of February and all player should login to rejoin their guild again.

To avoid guilds being "taken over", prepare a "pre-creation-statement" which will pre-create the active guilds (active within last 3 month and >= 6 members) and set the current admirals as admirals again.
Do this only with admirals that logged in within the last 12 weeks.

Guilds that had no admiral-login the last 12 weeks can be recreated ingame "on the fly". The toon creating the guild becomes the new leader.
This fact should be clearified in the mail.

Also (call it service) have a report on the current guild table which will show what toon has what rank in guild.

Have the web-devs getting the online-guild function working quickly and have the "old guild rank/member report" online at Net-7.
This way the rejoining members can be set back to their archived ranks and you avoid big stress with that. Otherwise Blacklung & Co. would have many tickets regarding "what was my rank, can u prove it".

[color=#b22222][b]MAIL:[/b][/color]
Since many people change their mailaddresses but forget to update here, have the notification message also bulk-send to every forum account as PN.
Many player might forget to update their profiles here but still log into the forums.

At this point everyone gets an email and a PN via forums.
Who ever will complain later -not being aware/pre-warned of the issue- can't complain because it is your very personal obligation to keep your forum account and personal data up to date.

Also it is your very personal obligation to take care about your guildies ingame when you are a guild leader.
Someone not logging for a quarter year clearly don't care and therefor this re-creation process might even help many guilds suffering from an anbandoned leadership. Edited by Zackman

Zackman:

I am perfectly capable of communicating in reason and with calmness, I do it for a living. This is a volunteer project, and I'm not beholden to anyone because I don't make anything to do it. The donations as stated in my previous post go entirely to keeping a server up for you guys to play on. Therefore you're not entitled to any sort of special treatment either as I can see.

No offense is intended but here was your example:
[quote name='Zackman']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"We dont fu.. care what u think, we do what we think is needed and if you little unmature crybabies got problems with it....can i have your stuff?"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/quote][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What I said was, "We don't care if you don't like it, it has to be done sometimes and if that eventuality occurs.. tough shit."
This isn't because i have a desire to drive someone away, nor to keep them here. That's entirely up to you, we can never profit from our endeavors with this game. It's purely a labor of love.[/font][/color]

I am not unintentionally speaking abruptly, I only sugarcoat things if I'm paid to do so. Yeah it might be a little brash to some, or rude to others, but I absolutely do not believe in 'Political Correctness' as it has destroyed the American way of life over time, at least thus is my opinion.

You may read it as me being rude, and some others may as well, but people know that I have a more rational and thought out side as well. I'm rarely that blunt, but I will not withhold simply because i'm afraid it will bother someone else, sometimes the truth hurts and its best to hear it like it is. :)

You should also note that at the start of this post, it was a suggestion, hence being in the suggestion section after all, and the author started with "hear me out!" ;). I have said in the past on these forums that unless an LDEV confirms a wipe in your imminent future, it isn't happening. So you [b]should[/b] know that you're debating a theoretical wipe from the first time you clicked reply. I'll assume you did since your above post is pretty lengthy and seems well thought out, but my assertion still stands.

Can you tell me exactly why you think I should be excessively nice or sugarcoat things for this?

Alright, the way I speak aside, below I must note that yes I probably did get a little confusing talking about guilds but I assure you the chances of pretty much any type of join working on that mess of a set of tables is unlikely. Simple truth is the data is corrupt and there's 0 way it can be properly tested to make sure the guild mechanism works without removing the data and starting it fresh. Like I said before, we can remove the data and restore it later but when we go to do these things, we have to get valid data otherwise we can't release. This was a big part of the reason we kept the in-game testing closed for so long. We expected many diatribes about what must be done once it became public, whether you were entitled to do so or not. Beta Testers (some of the originals anyway) went through nearly daily wipes way back when. This is something that must be noted by everyone else. You've all dealt with 2 intentional wipes, and 1 unintentional wipe as I recall. The point is, because its a test and we've never said otherwise the data is never, and will never be guaranteed until we get to the RC stage you were mentioning before, and even then at release day when we're done other than updating story or occasional additions, there will be a final wipe that will reset your toons to 0 before "release" because we want anyone starting after release to start on the same ground as you. Its only fair that way, we will also eventually release that code base and people can start their own servers and do whatever they are inclined to do.

RE: Mail, we always send a notification at every major transition change, at least we have this far. Each ST has seen an e-mail to all of our registered e-mails.

Again, don't take me the wrong way, I'm not trying to be an ass, I just am sometimes for the good of humanity. ;)

Kyp,

Everything you said makes perfect sense, and I agree with it all. I couldnt understand why you were talking about real world money, and all that entails until I read this...

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1327507909' post='52274']
(note also CPwings this wasn't directed solely at you or anything, I just saw roughly that sentence and it stuck out like a sore thumb to me.
[/quote]

Then I went back and looked at what CPwings said, in context. He was talking about in game credits and their accumulation, the in game economy, builders making weps, shields, ect. for credits and since the items they make will all go 'poof' and they had loads of credits, he said " How can you justify charging big money with that in mind?"

I believe he was talking about credits, in game, and might have been better served had he used 'credits" instead of 'money' in that question. I could be wrong, but it did not appear to me that he was refering to the EMU real life costs, or complaining to the devs in that regard.

Just my contextual opinion -_- ,

TooTall

Very possible, I was just scanning and that stuck out to me, because I've seen it so many times in threads where people get upset because they pay donations, its almost as bad as when people threaten to withhold if they don't get their way or if we do something a certain way failing to understand that withholding only means the servers get shut down.

temp wipe with restore sounds fine if it's something that will help with testing. Generally I hate even beta testing, I've signed up for like two closed beta tests for AAA mmo's over the past 15 years. Why test their stuff when I can just open my compiler and wind up frustrated to tears over my own poor coding rather than with theirs hehe. It's work. You just do it, it's not always about fun. But for me this is EnB and an EMU with no live alternative, so I don't mind playing a buggy game with testing in mind, as this isn't a AAA project pushing to get released tomorrow, but can take years here. Many of us have been playing here since ST1, I don't think we are going anywhere anytime soon. Keeping newer players is an important point of course, and those that weren’t on live as well, all welcome here, to help keep the project moving forward which needs people to test. I'm sure newer players, like in the past year that may have a 150 or two, probably hurt the most in a wipe, a chance to loose them. But for testing, a restore backup sounds reasonable.

Please reread my post. I was referring to charging for equipment builds during a stress test and has nothing to do with accepting donations to keep the EMU up and running.

I'm sorry if my wording has caused any confusion and was not meant to show any disrespect or lack of appreciation for the work of the EMU team.

Kyp, thank you for the answer, i appreciate - tho i disagree on some points.
But i make it short this time ( :lol: ):

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1327537677' post='52296']
The donations as stated in my previous post go entirely to keeping a server up for you guys to play on. Therefore you're not entitled to any sort of special treatment either as I can see.
[/quote]

Kyp, i got aware yesterday already that you obvl. misreaded CPwings - but i decided to not comment it, CPWings could reply on his own of course.
I will jump in anyway: He was saying that he cant understand how builders ingame can charge a lot of credits for builds when everyone knows the stuff goes poofy anyway soon.
He wasnt talking about real-life/donations in any way.

For the very issue - i am just quoting one sentence that sums it up:
[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1327537677' post='52296']
I am not unintentionally speaking abruptly, I only sugarcoat things if I'm paid to do so.
[/quote]

Sugarcoating things was never the issue - to me its all about [b]respect[/b].
There is a difference between "sugarcoating" and being respectful - no1 should be forced to pay for respect.

I know you are going to answer like
[i]"You dont need to pay for respect - that's already done by my boss :D .[/i]
[i]I always try to be respectful to the community. Im just not sugarcoating the ugly truth - which is a difference."[/i]

So i did it just for you :D

And like always in life...the truth is somewhere in the middle.
I can say everything has been cleared up for me at this point, thanks again.

[size=3][i]Edited for better words[/i][/size]

A suggestion...

Start a new section on the forums for things that need tested and ask for volunteers to help with it, as many of us have multiple accounts and many free spaces or can even create new accounts if needed. I am sure many would be willing to help and those of us that currently can not donate that would like to help out in some way will have something to do ;)

I am not against a wipe for testing with future restore as an option for those who want it (actually sounds better than poof be gone to most I am sure).

Also I don't think that those mentioning donators leaving are not meaning that they will not donate if there are going to be wipes. What I read mostly is "what if you keep loosing donators and the server does shut down then what?" Edited by shadowxsx

They would just go back to internal development, I guess thats the reason they don't rely on the player donators to donate directly to the project costs ;). As of now we are just here to test the content they have developed, exactly like canaries in a coal mine-- canaries keep dying-- time to get out of the coal mine (those birds are really sensitive to methane :)), so between the server crashes, bugs, broken missions, improperly functioning mob AI and overall structure of the game, the coal mine just isn't ready yet. I saw kyp mention that once they release the client people who are so inclined can start up and run their own servers-- does that mean the server we play on now will cease to exist? Or will this current server be up and running along with other possible servers that others will most likely set up?

As a side note, I see this whole "we're gonna stop donating if you guys do x,y,z" as a failed powergrab, like if a child asked for a cookie and the parent says "no" so the child goes, "well I'm gonna hold my breath until i get a cookie then!", but I guess people are always looking for ways to hold the sword over the heads of those who they think are "oppressing" them or who have more power. Players in the emu don't really have much power at all, which is a good thing... lol... the height of it is really posting bug reports/ testing game mechanics, and taking any other problems we encounter to a dev/gm for a possible fix. Otherwise we're here for the ride, and yes alot of people party like its 1999... or play like its live status, I'm one of em.. until this thread started and a few other things that made me realize that "being in it to win it" isn't the purpose of a Test.... but thats a hard sell to people who have worked hard to get where they are at over the past year-- myself included-- but like was said in my first post on this thread, true love doesn't end with a wipe, if anything it gives us a chance to start fresh in a better version of the game we all love so much. Is it gonna suck? Yeah, having my cookie...characters taken away sucks, but if it needs to be done then so beeazlebub it...
-End Transmission-

Drained. Nice post but you are wrong about the playerbase having no power. Donations from the playerbase are the only thing keeping the servers online. No player donations, no server. Simple as that.
Also, i would imagine tht as long as players still donate, the server will remain online.
There will be a few servers online i imagine, once we go `live`, just like there are now.
  • Upvote 1