New Models2

Ok, if you know what yer getting into, we'll certainly help out. Not a lot of us have that kind of free time these days, so for a while it'll be a project for you, at least until such time as the server is mostly done. We might be able to help after that. :)

I take it based on that post you're interested in becoming a developer with the team? If so, shoot me a PM we'll talk over the particulars (assuming you don't already have an ongoing convo w/ TB)

another thing I thought we could use some help with the client is processing the collision height maps on the planet surface sectors. If we could get those working it'd be pretty awesome, and I don't think it would involve that much work. I think the tricky bit would be working out which value to pick in the heightmap.

Just - read in the heightmaps, work out the grid sizing, calculate which grid sector you're in, get the relevant heightmap entry, scale to sector then stop the ship. Course it's going to be more complicated than that ... but it's a start.

Oh, and as to clients I think the freespace 2 C++ engine would be very awesome - especially as there are freeware hi-res assets for it kicking around. We can use the existing server->Net7Proxy comms as a base to get something up and running without much ado.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1327691206' post='52522']
Every day of our lives. :P

Also, Mouse: I'm not sure if you saw my previous comment, but I have a good working knowledge of the EnB packet structure, I can at least get from startup through login network-wise, and I would be willing to help out. I would like to go into video game programming in a year and a half when I'm done with college, so this would be good experience for me to have.
[/quote]

Yes, I did, and I told my roommate who's actually been looking at the so called "Tada-O" server source code on sourceforge to decipher the packets. She's not working too hard on it because she's got other things on her plate. She also turned down the help, so I didn't mention it.

However, if you have a .net/mono library that I could hook into, I could get something going real quick. At any rate, if you're anxious to start, grab a copy of Unity and send me a PM and we can maybe bang around in it and see if we can't get it logging in. Unity comes with Mono Develop, and we can use nearly any mono library if you're uncomfortable with writing code with monodevelop.