Suggestion For New Line Of Devices: Weapon Reload Modifiers With Unmodified Dps

rhobix

I just had an idea. How about a line of devices that increases both reload, energy consumption and damage by the same amount? It would be beneficial for all types of weapons. Projectile and missile launchers would save ammo and for beams it would enable jenquai to stay under cloak longer.

Maybe activated versions could be used as a new line of jenquai seeker only devices...
  • Upvote 1

I can see the activated version of this would be pretty neat, a kind of weapon supercharge. Maybe have a % chance each use of damaging the equipment too, so it's used as a last ditch thing. If this were the case I doubt it'd get used too much as device slots are always at a premium ... unless it had a good passive effect to go with it.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1327017458' post='51820']
I can see the activated version of this would be pretty neat, a kind of weapon supercharge. Maybe have a % chance each use of damaging the equipment too, so it's used as a last ditch thing. If this were the case I doubt it'd get used too much as device slots are always at a premium ... unless it had a good passive effect to go with it.
[/quote]

Anything that helps the JT would be nice, since right now she has no exclusive devices. Not good for the Device & Explore orientated Trader. If the damage is only to structure, that can probably be worked around, since the warrior classes have repair equipment, but if it damages quality, I don't think too many people will want that used on their ship. This would especially be the case if they just got that new 200% item that they worked for a long time to obtain. The Traders would benefit though, since they'd have more work rebuilding items.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1327025132' post='51824']
Anything that helps the JT would be nice, since right now she has no exclusive devices. Not good for the Device & Explore orientated Trader. If the damage is only to structure, that can probably be worked around, since the warrior classes have repair equipment, but if it damages quality, I don't think too many people will want that used on their ship. This would especially be the case if they just got that new 200% item that they worked for a long time to obtain. The Traders would benefit though, since they'd have more work rebuilding items.
[/quote]

Yeah, we'd probably just have it just damage structure, so you'd need a starbase to repair back to full stats. I feel it'd need a long cycle between uses, so it is used tactically, rather than being spammed (this reminds me of a certain skill bug :))

I like the J-trader too - Maybe this proposed device could be a JT only device like you say - do the PT & TT classes have their own special devices? Otherwise ... I can see problems.

I have seen many trader only devices and quite a few are race restricted. Those out there are for the TT only since the other 2 trader races were not put in game yet in live, so the other trader classes are lacking in the ammount of devices they can use.

One non PP item such as the Scientists data cube (improved build reactors) which is L9 but not race restricted and PP can only use L8. There is also the TT only RR (+ warp).

If the DB was race & class sortable I could list many more than I know of off hand as I do not play a TT. Edited by shadowxsx

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1327026926' post='51828']
Yeah, we'd probably just have it just damage structure, so you'd need a starbase to repair back to full stats. I feel it'd need a long cycle between uses, so it is used tactically, rather than being spammed (this reminds me of a certain skill bug :))

I like the J-trader too - Maybe this proposed device could be a JT only device like you say - do the PT & TT classes have their own special devices? Otherwise ... I can see problems.
[/quote]

Yes, the original 6 classes all had some equipment, including devices that were class exclusives. The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer are lacking there, since they weren't in live and no equipment was designed by EA for them. There are some devices that they can use, that were holdover devices from live (like the Trader Only Manticore line of devices, that aren't race restricted, but are useful to the JT since most energy weapons are beams). Each trader should have some advantage in combat or support over the other two traders.

Right now the JT's only advantage, is that she is stealthy. While this helps her in solo play, it doesn't give her anything that a combat group will find useful that cannot be obtained elsewhere. (Reactor opt helps, but the JE is also good at providing energy, with reactor transfer devices, and L5/L7 Shield Leech. There were also devices like the Power Augmenter line of devices that the JE could use, and obtain for doing enough balm runs.)

The TT has a clear advantage over the other two traders, in that he can both Recharge Shields & Hull Patch, plus Shield Charging as well. This makes this class the most complete healer. As the TT also had the benefit of being around in live, they have had many pieces of equipment already designed for this class. The PT and JT have not.

The PT has the advantage of being able to dish out DPS better than the other two traders. Something that the PT should have over the other two traders, being the Combat orientated trader. While the PT is also lacking in exclusive equipment, having 5 weapons & Critical Targeting will get them invited.

The Seeker, as well as the Scout & Privateer, are going to need plenty of equipment designed for them. There's really no way around that, short of taking them away. Most people will be angry if they were removed, and rightfully so, as it's something that many of us who played in live wanted. Equipment, and buffs they can bring, will also help them define their roles more clearly. Ultimately the raids should require representation of all 9 classes, this means that there may be need to change some things.

The 3 new classes will need PM items, vendor items, and drop only items added. Only when they have exclusive equipment, comparable to what the original 6 classes have, and each have unique and needed things to bring to a fight, will they really be ready for prime time. So far of those 3 classes the PT is closest, because of his warrior traits. The Scout & Seeker will need things they can bring to the table in support.

Anything that helps the JT would be nice, since right now she has no exclusive devices. Since she's not a DPS class, she can't get in on the power of her beams. She can Recharge Shields, but so can the other 2 traders, and they both bring more powerful reasons to bring them along. She can buff reactors, as can the JE. There has to be some new & unique things she can do, or why bring her over the other two traders?

thanks Terrell,

we have the OP's idea (which I like); are there any other suggestions for JT, PT and TS devices? We have some generic trader devices lined up which should help the traders out, but these are trade run/cargo related not combat related. If the JT is ever going to make it as a good support class it looks like we're going to need some nice items. It looks like the JT would be a mix of the roles of JE and TT for support, some reactor oriented help and hull help.

Maybe something like the 'Aid' spell in AD&D, where you can heal hull, but this patch is held in place by psionics, and will only last a certain amount of time, after which the recipient will need to be either TT'd or visit a starbase. Maybe the psionic patch could also give a small damage buff too.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1327033447' post='51836']
thanks Terrell,

we have the OP's idea (which I like); are there any other suggestions for JT, PT and TS devices? We have some generic trader devices lined up which should help the traders out, but these are trade run/cargo related not combat related. If the JT is ever going to make it as a good support class it looks like we're going to need some nice items. It looks like the JT would be a mix of the roles of JE and TT for support, some reactor oriented help and hull help.

Maybe something like the 'Aid' spell in AD&D, where you can heal hull, but this patch is held in place by psionics, and will only last a certain amount of time, after which the recipient will need to be either TT'd or visit a starbase. Maybe the psionic patch could also give a small damage buff too.
[/quote]

The JT could have a line of devices that make skill use more effective for players. Her device could do one of the following to players it's activated on.[list=1]
[*]Increase range of skills.
[*]Reduce skill energy requirements
[*]Increase damage required for skill interrupt
[*]Decrease skill cooldown times
[/list]
The Scout could then get a device line that debuffs mob's skill use. (fitting with Explorers doing debuffer duty). His device could do one of the following to mobs.[list=1]
[*]decrease damage required to interrupt
[*]Skill Interrupt (mob can't cast skills for a short period of time)
[*]Mobs skills' effects lessened
[/list]
The JT could then have another line of devices that provide weapon energy efficency. (This could definitely be done, as there was a DigiApogee device that did this. JT could get a line of the devices PM with better stats.)

JT could also have an activated device energy efficency buff.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1327040058' post='51837']
The JT could have a line of devices that make skill use more effective for players. Her device could do one of the following to players it's activated on.[list=1]
[*]Increase range of skills.
[*]Reduce skill energy requirements
[*]Increase damage required for skill interrupt
[*]Decrease skill cooldown times
[/list]
The Scout could then get a device line that debuffs mob's skill use. (fitting with Explorers doing debuffer duty). His device could do one of the following to mobs.[list=1]
[*]decrease damage required to interrupt
[*]Skill Interrupt (mob can't cast skills for a short period of time)
[*]Mobs skills' effects lessened
[/list]
The JT could then have another line of devices that provide weapon energy efficency. (This could definitely be done, as there was a DigiApogee device that did this. JT could get a line of the devices PM with better stats.)

JT could also have an activated device energy efficency buff.
[/quote]
I like this. I think it should be limited to one activated effect per device. More devices could be designed to get all the effects in-game.
There could also be a debuffer to increase skill activation cost for mobs. It may be a bit overpowered though if used together with the JD's Energy leech.
This would free up the supercharge weapon for the PT, which may be more fitting since of the new classes, the PT is the combat oriented one.
An old idea of mine for a buff from live is Boost Prospect Range. It could be implemented in an device for the TS, but I guess it would fall under the Boost Skill Range here though...

Just using the the ideas in this thread, you could make three new lines of devices each for the new classes.
Perhaps you could even open up the restictions on a few of them to give some more diversity to the old classes as well.
It could be set up something like this:

TS:
- Increase Interrupt Sensitivity (Activated) (TS Only)
- Reduce Skill Efficiency (Activated) (TS Only)
- Skill Energy Friction (Activated) (Explorer Only, Progen Restricted)
JS:
- Skill Energy Conservation (Activated) (JS Only)
- Reduce Interrupt Sensitivity (Activated) (JS Only)
- Boost Skill Range (Activated) (Trader Only, Terran Restricted)
PT:
- Block Skill Use (Activated) (PT Only)
- Turbo Skills (Activated) (Trader Only, Jenquai Restricted)
- Supercharge Weapons (Activated) (PT Only)

"Aid" I think would fit better as a skill than a device effect.

• 3 weeks later...
Some will hate me but anyway:

I am voting strongly against such line of devices!
It is causing a huge imbalance to the game.

Already small numbers calculated the right way (see posting in "weapons turbo thread") will cause a markable damage raise.

If you have an item decreasing firing delay or decreasing the energy drain from weapons, it will effectivly result in more firepower = more damage.
If my reactor is up all time, the "Blood of the dragon" becomes almost useless, i can fire constantly and i do more damage, killiing faster.

Adding another weapons delay reduction to all of this makes it even more "uber".

Considering all items in the game that were not in live (Flechette & Co), we are already way more "uber".

I see people spamming already "Hey, i got 78% turbo, 48% damage raise and 29% reactor cranking"....

You know what:
Make it easy and enable the /killTarget command for the player already....result is the same.

On live, a fish bowle was for at least 2 groups.
Now you can do the FB with a medicore group of 5 players even.

Adding more "i win"-buttons to the EMU is simply not challenging anymore aka "quickly boring".

My 0.02....
  • Upvote 1

That's a pretty good point Zackman. We don't want to make the game too easy, because players will get bored with it.

What's important in whatever we do for the JT, there has to be some advantage of taking her over the other traders. Right now the TT has the advantage of being the nearly complete healer (every heal except Repair equipment). The PT is a great mix of Healing & firepower. The extra DPS can make up for the disadvantage of lacking hull patch enough that you would bring him along.

If you're hunting in Antares or some comparable location, where you're grouped and attacking things in the mid 50s this is a great mix, and may actually be preferable to a TT, depending on who else is in the group, and how good you are as a group at avoiding hull damage. The JT will need things so that there are situations where you might want to bring her along instead of a PT or TT. Right now I could see at lower levels her reactor opt skill being useful to miners, if those miners (Progen/Terran Explorers) are struggling with reactor power, and as extra hold space, I think she'll need to be more versatile; however, to be more viable as a class.

In the TE (Terran Explorer) thread, Kenu mentioned giving the JT another combat skill. I think that sounds like a good idea. Said skill needs to be a legitimate skill for use in groups & raids, raised on Explore Levels and something that's exclusive. The JT is also the only Jenquai that doesn't require EL45 to max a skill. The JW for example has to get EL45 to max Scan (Fold Space too I think). The JT should have to do the same as it would be consistent with the what the JW must do to max key skills.

I think that the JT has too many skills that only go up to L5, and the same could be said for the Scout. The other mostly support classes that don't have critical targeting each have only 1 skill capped at 5. The JE has Fold Space capped at 5, the TT has Navigate capped at 5. The Seeker on the other hand has Negotiate 5, Fold Space 5, Cloak 5, Scan 5, the Scout has a whopping 5 skills capped at 5. I think that the JT and Scout should each have no more than 2 skills capped at 5, and skills unique to the classes should be L7. For the Scout the 2 L5 only skills should be Negotiate and Scan, IMO. All their other skills should be L7. For the Seeker, Negotiate and either Cloak or Fold Space should be the L5 skills IMO.

If we look at the existing classes, we find that the TW and PE require 397 points to max everything, the TT and JE 412, and the JW and PW require 419. When the PT gets another skill, if it's unique & L7 as it should be, the PT will have an equal skill point requirement to the TW & PE. The JT and Scout should not be significantly lower in skill point requirements than the original 6 classes, and should probably be around what the JE and TT (who are clearly support classes first & foremost) require. 2 L5 skills on the JT and Scout sounds about right to me.

[quote name='Brixun' timestamp='1328545142' post='53187']
also with the 1 second firing rate being minimum the progen would see no benefit in the turbo thus bringing other classes even closer to its dps rate! before we know it the so called warrior will just be shelved entirely
[/quote]

Hopefully that will be fixed eventually, and if they can't make the PLs fire faster than 1 second per shot, they can find a way to make up the missing damage so your weapons get their full DPS.

Give the JS or the TS this new skill.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5774-js-skill-ideas-improvements/page__view__findpost__p__47935"]https://forum.enb-emu...dpost__p__47935[/url]

[img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/phorlaug/newJSskill.jpg[/img]

I think Kenu was thinking in terms of an active skill, rather than a passive one, since he's commented that it would be to make their combat more fun. I do think that the Scout should have the Hacking skill replaced with a new and unique L7 active skill based on EL with both offensive & defensive benefits to Scout & Group. The JT, if she's to get another skill, should get the same. In the thread I'm referring to, Kenu also mentioned switching the JT's secondary weapon from PLs to MLs. I don't think that will make much of a difference, at least not on it's face. Now if it starts a larger trend to secondary/tertiary weapons getting more attention, and becoming more viable alternatives to most players (not just players like me) then it becomes much more interesting. A small step was taken a while back, (Nov 2010 IIRC) when the Combat Cloak bonus was applied to all weapon types not just beams.

There's also been reported as a bug, Self Destruct 5 being listed in the JT planner on the N7 website, The TW is also shown with Navigate 5, while the JW is shown with critical targeting 5 rather than 7. It could just be a mistake, or there could be something more to it. Didn't notice anything different on any of the other classes. (and the PT is a skill short). Self Destruct could be acting as a placeholder for a possible future JT skill, but if they make one, Please make it a L7 skill. (It's still there, as I write this post, but it could change.)

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1328545956' post='53188']
Hopefully that will be fixed eventually, and if they can't make the PLs fire faster than 1 second per shot, they can find a way to make up the missing damage so your weapons get their full DPS.
[/quote]

you may remember this was done about a month ago, and has been posted about several times.

Doubtful, he's a lifelong jenpie I believe.

At any rate, we need to discuss this line of devices as a whole before there's any such implementation. It like someone posted above screams "Balance issue" at me. We don't need to introduce any more of those at present.

If it's a balance issue for this type of devices, for the JT, perhaps there are other things that the JT can bring that are needed & unique.

Kenu could you give us a little more information on your vision of how the JT is to fulfill her "master supporter" role? She's already a decent builder, though I do think that eventually (long term) there should be some missions that give prints that can only be obtained through said missions. Those could be divided up between the 3 races of Trader.

What types of limitations are there in terms of new device effects? If the JT gets devices, that only cover activatables that are available elsewhere, it doesn't make her more viable than she was before said device. It just means that she's able to do more things, not more things that you have to bring her to get. It would also mean that overall she's not any more useful to a group than she was before so she'll need both typical Jenquai things, and some Jenquai Seeker exclusive things.

How about a device that augments the JS's Reactor Optimizing Skill? There are devices/weapons/shields that augments the Shield patch and Hull patching abilities but nothing for the Reactor Optimizing of the JS. Something that increases the duration of the buff, and/or maybe ups the skill level of it.

[b][color=#ff0000]Long post warning (like always...) ![/color][/b]

I read some threads lately across the board asking for[list]
[*]make this beam available to my class
[*]can we have new (uber) items
[*]make this duration longer
[*]make this skill buffable
[*]make..make..give..give
[/list]
It all cuts down to one thing again and again.

[b]LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS![/b]
[size=3][i]"you" does not mean "you" in persona - its meant as an impersonal "you" [/i][/size]

I see so many tells in game, showing clearly that some player simply dont know how to play their toons.

For instance, the JD:
People play a JD like a Progen-Warrior.
A Jenquai Defender is no Progen-Warrior, a JD is no tank!

A JD has 3 [b]VERY[/b] good skills, playing them right makes you "uber":[list=1]
[*]Cloak
[*]Summon
[*]PSI
[/list]

You have a PSI shield, that absorbs almost 11K damage per shot!![list]
[*]You cloak and approach the mob surrounded by minions.
[*]Use your Coma device the [b]RIGHT [/b]way: [b]First [/b]blind the [b]MINIONS[/b] (not the primary target)
[*]Now cloak again and drive out 6.5K
[*]Use summon, pull the primary target to you
[*]Now blind the primary target
[*]CC, Hit, CC, Hit...
[/list]
Repeat blind/cloak/summon if you want, you will end up sitting with the primary target alone.
Drain the targets energy (that what you have energy leech for), combat cloak, hit - rinse repeat.

You have a "blood of the dragon" and you can do this over and over again for hours!

You have a PSI shield stacking with other devices (ivory ward, shield cap, etc) reducing incoming damage a great deal.
If a higher level mob hits for 20K per shot, your ivory takes out 6K already. You have PSI, taking out another 11K.

PSI keeps up "natural shield recharge" while under enemy fire! So your "increase shield recharge +30%" buff is full active!!
No other class has this advantage !
FYI: Every other class has [b]ZERO[/b] shield recharge while under fire.

So you reduce 20K incoming damage a big deal and your shield is recharging faster then the next shot comes from the mob.
But if you have the wrong gear and you play the JD like a PW - you die, [b]NO DOUBT[/b].

A JD is no PW - so dont even think about jumping into the middle of a 12 mob group.. - [b]You are a NINJA and not Chuck Norris....[/b]

[b]You are a shadow, you are the breath of death, the soul of your enemy wilts to brown without ever knowing your name...[/b]

Funny side-story.
I have a friend in game sending me a tell the other day:
[i]"Hey, i got this beam last night and this device now and this and this and this and this....lets meet Antares i will show you something".[/i]

So his JD joined my group and he was demonsrating his damage done to a L60 Voltoi.
We took the time then: 25s for the complete kill.

[b]A SINGLE JD took out a +10 Level Voltoi in not even a half minute!![/b]

The corpse was assigned to him when we all shooted, so he was outdamaging my PW+TT+JE [i][size=3](ok, to be fair: At this time it was PW=PJ8, JE=Beams 7, TT=ML7)[/size][/i]

[b]PW:[/b]
The PW at L9 is a tough beast.
You got 82K hull and HDC (hull damage control) effectivly rendering your hull to 205.000 Hitpoints!
You got a shield about 120K cap, you got (effective) 205.000 hullpoints, you got Ivory Ward (30%) - [b]THIS IS A TANK![/b]

Right setup makes you technically/effectivly having almost a half million hitpoints (shield/hull/HDC/deflects).

You have [b]SIX[/b] weapon slots for heavy damage-weapons" and a turbo making the server CPU going to 98%......
You have a bullys eye, you have a PB, you have a Flechette (energy saving) - you got everything!

Man, you deal out damage making the enemies shield going down faster then he can cry "Master we failed...."
And you have a shield/hull making you able to stand the mob for a [b]VERY VERY[/b] long time.

There is no single mob in the game you cant solo with a PW - except 60+ Raid mob, but Raid mob isnt supposed to be solo'ed by a single player (hence the name "raid mob").

Use Gravity-Link, a [b]great[/b] underestimated skill:
Use it to immobilize minions, "stack" the mob!

Drive backwards constantly, let the boss follow..but have the minions imobilized - i singled so many bosses out of the mob with that, it's hillarious.
That is the "work around summon" for Progen Warriors!

[b]JE:[/b]
You are not supposed to be a heavy damage dealing toon nor you supposed to be a tank.
You are a [b]SUPPORT-TOON![/b]

Accept your faith..if you can't, create a warrior.

I love the JE - the supporter role is [b]SO[/b] great:[list]
[*]You are the only one able to revive a fallen soul (ok...PS can too).
[*]You are the only one able to use very helpfull buff devices for you group and deflects, making your group even mightier!
[*]You are the only one able to put the whole group out of aggro with a single click (group cloak)
[/list]
I play a PW, TT and JE similar.
At CL32 we started to take out L53 mob EASILY !
At CL45 we take out the CL 60 Centuriata easily!

The JE buffs a group to an "unstandable" power - and the shield-leech is simply [b]THE[/b] uber skill: You fire like crazy with the PW and reac runs dry...
[b]BANG..[/b]shield leech from JE, bringing back 100% power to [b]ALL[/b] reactors in the group...this is simply "perverted".

You get down in shield (my PW has still shield 8 atm)...TT throws area heal and the mob starts to cry because he needs to start over again with you..

JE is a great great supporter - if you accept this role and [b]PLAY[/b] the supporter.

I could go on with every single class...but this posting is already long (and i did not play other classes myself).

What i read in the forums comes down to one point:
Make..make...give...give...and at the end you have a class able to do all goodies from all other classes.

No..is not the lack of items, it's the lack of some ([b]some!)[/b] playing a toon the right way.

Please do not get this wrong:
I am not saying that everyone posting here (and in other threads) can't play his toon the "right" way, i am just saying that i am aware (considering also ingame tells),
that there are "some" active toons lacking a good (good=good combination) setup of items and they obv. play their toons "suboptimal".

This starts already with missing debuffs and wrong damage type weapons.
I see toons going out without the right debuff and even with wrong weapons, eg. energy setup heading to Antares: Voltois are energy-resistant, at least they were in live.

My oppinion. Edited by Zackman
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1328569885' post='53205']
If it's a balance issue for this type of devices, for the JT, perhaps there are other things that the JT can bring that are needed & unique.

Kenu could you give us a little more information on your vision of how the JT is to fulfill her "master supporter" role? She's already a decent builder, though I do think that eventually (long term) there should be some missions that give prints that can only be obtained through said missions. Those could be divided up between the 3 races of Trader.

What types of limitations are there in terms of new device effects? If the JT gets devices, that only cover activatables that are available elsewhere, it doesn't make her more viable than she was before said device. It just means that she's able to do more things, not more things that you have to bring her to get. It would also mean that overall she's not any more useful to a group than she was before so she'll need both typical Jenquai things, and some Jenquai Seeker exclusive things.
[/quote]

I don't know if this would be possible. If all the new devices for the new classes can be built by the new classes could have a +amount addition to lets say the JS Reactor opitamization will have an additional .50 skill level added to it or when the TS build something it'll have a +120 warp speed added to it, When they Build them For themselves or other JS, TS Or PP's.
JS can trade a JS item to another JS etc etc.. for the other classes..
[u]All the new items will have the same buffs BUT the Stats will change when the individual classes build them.[/u]

The problem with the JT isn't a lack of ability to play solo. She's actually pretty good at that with a little patience, it can be summed up with one question:

"What needed benefit can a JT bring to a group or a raid, that isn't brought by some other class?"

When there's a good answer to that question, then she'll be ready for prime-time. Equipment unique to the class, should be a given, as all the original classes have various types of equipment that can only be used by their class.

Well...[b]THAT[/b] is something different, but i have my very own oppinion here.

If you want hear it:
This is the [b]VERY[/b] reason these classes were disabled in live -they have no benefits - they are obsolete!

So instead of "building something useful" around them, the devs at Westwood simply disabled the redunant classes.

Who opened Pandorra's box here..... :lol:

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1328636751' post='53276']
Well...[b]THAT[/b] is something different, but i have my very own oppinion here.

If you want hear it:
This is the [b]VERY[/b] reason these classes were disabled in live -they have no benefits - they are obsolete!

So instead of "building something useful" around them, the devs at Westwood simply disabled the redunant classes.

Who opened Pandorra's box here..... :lol:
[/quote]

I think Westwood fully had intented to have this game go on for a lot longer than it did.
Eventualy they would of had the classes equipment made. (maybe)
Does anyone know if the current skill sets for the new classes is something that Westwood had intended
for the new classes or is it something We / or the DEVs had come up with ?
Maybe just Maybe the Current Equipment was going to be the same as is for all the Classes and Races, But just the
Skills would of been different...

I'll explain, A Progen with the Hack skill or a Jenquai with Hull Damage control skill etc etc etc
Then [u]some[/u] of the items already in game would then be of use to the New classes..

Phor