Suggestions For The Net-7.org Portal Site.

Overtkill

Hi,

Here are some suggestions that have been brought up before by the users at some point. So I'm listing them here for you guys to mull over.

1. Would you guys in web dev consider a direct link on the Net-7.Org site to the Support Ticket system site, and another for the new bug tracker right on the main menu? This would be some nice to have items, and make things a bit easier for all involved.

2. One other item has to do with the database search function. Can the search page be setup so a person using it doesn't have to re-scroll down the page when reselecting the tab after viewing an item after a search? This would be a nice improvement to an already well designed site. :)

3. Unify the site news to the Net-7 Launcher. Please make the Net-7 Launcher pull the news contained from the same source web page. This way, all the news for those who read the release notes and news in the launcher can be easily read on the Portal site.

Lastly, Thanks a ton for all your hard work on this emulator guys. I know that all who play share this view that your investments in skill and donated time, combined with player/user colaboration will continue to make this emulator as great if not better than live.

Thanks for reading...

-Overt.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Overtkill' timestamp='1326918264' post='51754']
1. Would you guys in web dev consider a direct link on the Net-7.Org site to the Support Ticket system site, and another for the new bug tracker right on the main menu? This would be some nice to have items, and make things a bit easier for all involved.
[/quote]
This is something that we have talked about and should be in the next site update.

2. One other item has to do with the database search function. Can the search page be setup so a person using it doesn't have to re-scroll down the page when reselecting the tab after viewing an item after a search? This would be a nice improvement to an already well designed site. :wub:
[/quote]
You mean make the content scrollable but keep the tabs static at the top ?

3. Unify the site news to the Net-7 Launcher. Please make the Net-7 Launcher pull the news contained from the same source web page. This way, all the news for those who read the release notes and news in the launcher can be easily read on the Portal site.
[/quote]
So News and update info all displayed on the Launcher. hmm. Would be a little more difficult as the news is an RSS feed from the Forums and the Updates are coded into the Net7 site.
Ill add it to the list of "Things to look at"

Lastly, Thanks a ton for all your hard work on this emulator guys. I know that all who play share this view that your investments in skill and donated time, combined with player/user colaboration will continue to make this emulator as great if not better than live.
[/quote]
No problem what so ever.
We "Devs" are just glad we have the time and skills to get the game we love back up and running better than ever :)

Hi again,

The contents from the DB search is scrollable. What I am talking about happens after you select an item in the search and opens a new tab. But when you re-click the search tab, you are placed at the top of the search list again instead of where you left off from before. The search resets it position at the top of the kist when you go back to the search tab after opening items. That is the problem. Shouldn't it remember where you were prior to opening another tab? So when I want to go back to the search list, I can continue where I left off instead of starting at the top of the search again.

I hope this is a little clearer. :)

Thanks!

-Overt.

Hi, I have a suggestion that i would like to see. If you could allow us to view other players build list, that would be nice to see. This way i can see if someone has something in their build list that i want built, instead of having to click on a item and see who builds it.

So for example, i want to see lannister's build list, i would be able to scroll through and see everything he can build.

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1327029093' post='51834']
I have a suggestion also.

A race & class search option.
[/quote]
This I would also like to see. I mostly use the database to search for equipment options when I upgrade a tech on one of my characters, and being able to limit the search results to the race and class of the character in question would reduce the time browsing for new equipment considerably.