Top Builders List

Lannister

All,

Sorry I have not be online much - work has been hell and I am, in fact, in the process of relocating for work. So my attendance until I get to the other end of the move will be spotty.

I just saw the improvements to the Net-7 portal and - Wow. Great stuff, many thanks to the Web Devs who put in the time and effort to do it. It looks great, and works great.

Not to reopen up[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5460-top-builders-list/page__hl__%2Btop+%2Bbuilders+%2Blist__fromsearch__1"] an emotive topic from the past[/url] but... now that the new web tools allow for builders to opt in and opt out of having there building states / prints shared can we revisit a top builders list? Some of us enjoyed the competition. While others had some concerns I think those have been addressed by the new code and so should be moot now. For those who have opt into sharing there builds I would see no reason not to share build totals as well.

Thoughts?

[sub][size=5]Welcome back Lann [size=6], [size=5]i would vote yes even though my list would in no way be top . It would give a rough idea of how many 'prints' i am missing [/size][/size][/size][/sub][sub] :([/sub]

Are you asking "who has built the most items" or "who has the most recipes"?

The "top builders" would be the builders that make the most use of the recipes they have available. It was interesting to see that the database keeps a track of quantity built per item so that answer can in theory be formulated.

Totalling up recipes is for the old school builders that have been around for a while.

A contrast of the two sets of information might be interesting.

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1326838984' post='51689']
I cant see why not..

Would only show builders info that have Opt'ed in.

What stats would you guys like to see ?
[/quote]

Mostly just a ranking of who has the most builds in any of the build discipline. Something like we [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4638-builder-rankings/"]used to post here[/url] but in a more automated web report. Separated by category (comps, weapons, devices, shields, engines).

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1326839282' post='51690']
Are you asking "who has built the most items" or "who has the most recipes"?

The "top builders" would be the builders that make the most use of the recipes they have available. It was interesting to see that the database keeps a track of quantity built per item so that answer can in theory be formulated.

Totalling up recipes is for the old school builders that have been around for a while.

A contrast of the two sets of information might be interesting.
[/quote]

I agree. We can already see who has built the most of a specific item in the stats as they are today, but who builds the most overall would be interesting. Although I bet the main builders will not be quite so high on the list as those who spend most of there time build ammo. I would expect to see PWs and TEs at the top of the list actually. So if we could seperate this one by build catagory as well it would be very interesting.

Lots that can be done here since the DB seems to store so much wonderful data to play with. :)

Lann

• 2 months later...
On the builders list, any chance we can get a "View Online Builders" button. Haveing a list of people that can make an item is cool, but haveing a list of people that are actualy around to build it would be better.

On another note, i CF'ed my TT back to a healer and ditched her build skills but it still shows that she can build stuff on the list. Could we get a something to check wether the toon actually has the skills needed to make an item?

• 3 weeks later...
Didnt see this thread before !

Valid point - even if you own this recipe stil, you can't build anymore due to lacking skill.
So i would still list the builder (cuz he has builds listed as well), but maybe add a column informing if the builder is still able to build that particular item.

• 9 months later...

I was back, then away, then back, then away and no back again. :)

Bumping this to the top. I think we have almost all of the elements here specifically:

1. We can see who has a print (if they have opted in to share that info).

2. We can see how many and the quality of builds of a specific print.

3. We can see if a builder of a specific element is online.

So can we institute the top builders list in some automated fashion. Specificly I woudl like to see (based on opt-in only):

1. Who as the most prints overall and by build disciplin.  

2. Who has built the most items overall and by build disciplin.

Can we do this? I know I will not be placed since I am just back a month or so now and still working through getting my build list back (thanks to all who have helped in that BTW!).

I vote against a top builder list being its own "monopoly" basically players who can use net-7 to prefer those list as "best builders in quality" which would be completely false in reality.

It would not be a competition, but merely advertising list...

I vote against a top builder list being its own "monopoly" basically players who can use net-7 to prefer those list as "best builders in quality" which would be completely false in reality.

It would not be a competition, but merely advertising list...

Eh, let em advertise, if they want to go to all the trouble to build enough to get listed, let em have some self satisfying list.  If someone feels that  having someone with more builds is going to be that much better, thats their problem, they shouldn't base desicions on "feelings" and rather use logic, "buyer beware" fits in here. If they want to wait for a long time to get a item from player X rather than player Y because of some list, it's their right as the consumer to do so, personally I don't want to wait for ages for player X if Y is handy.

Of course this is all predicated on a manditory "opt-in" for participation and not a opt-out. If it can't be opt-in then forget it, some builders don't want the hassle being hounded for builds, nor care to be on some "I built more than you Na-na-nee-na-na list" and shouldn't be subjected to either without opting-in.

• Upvote 1

I say go for it. Let us stroke our ego :blush:

Though in rare cases, like myself, best of quality builder reflects my building work through the system and not working the system. ;)

(eg i never built 2000 low level items to get it perfect on the higher level ones, even though in the end i can now build with the best of them, so my averages suffer)

+1  Yes please.

Number of builds - by line (dev, react, eng, ML, comp, etc)

Number of prints - by line

Ave quality L7

Ave quality L8

Ave quality L9

Build Skill Factor or whatever it is that calculates our likely print quality

The last one is so that we can work on improving - you don't have to tell us how its calculated.

Tangentially,

It may seem in-character, but how about a list of Doctors of the Call Forward? While this sounds initially silly, it might cut down on patients blowing their cover and need for a Call Forward over the chat channels. Some Sha'ha'dem in-character might not like the galaxy to hear them sneaking in the back door of a Sabine Doctor's office when the rest of the universe may or may not despise the process as gene-witching.

Make fun all you like, this is both an asset of the Sentinel and to some, a means of income. To the patients, the Call is often a godsend and they may not want to admit to being interpolated by rats, Mimirs, Grannys, and other "Gene-witches", (I'm borrowing Growlz' term by the way).

Calibrating his stirrups, this is the Pakkrat.

I would hope that there would be an opt-in option. That way you only see people that are able AND willing to do builds.

It would help out those looking for builds, people that like to do builds, and people that are tired of PM's and couldn't be arsed to do any builds.