Login Server Status?

Sorry to be such a noob, but I'm still trying to figure out if the server is down or if there's something wrong on my end, because I haven't been able to get into the game [b]at all[/b] yet and since 11am EST yesterday I have been getting 'cannot connect to server' and 'coudn't connect to global server' messages whenever I run the client. It's annoying because it's on the login screen and megan still talks and all that jazz.
I just want to play EnB for the first time in nine years!! haha
So once again, sorry everyone for spamming/being such a noob/cluttering the tech forum with my dumb questions....

Does the launcher report that the server is online? It should say either "OFFLINE" or "ONLINE-###" in the "Server" group, below the "Host" box. In the launcher, there is a drop-down box entitled "Local IP". If there is more than one entry in that drop-down box, trying connecting once with each entry.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1326741975' post='51593']
Does the launcher report that the server is online? It should say either "OFFLINE" or "ONLINE-###" in the "Server" group, below the "Host" box. In the launcher, there is a drop-down box entitled "Local IP". If there is more than one entry in that drop-down box, trying connecting once with each entry.
[/quote]
It says ONLINE-132 (currently) and I only have one IP address on my Local IP dropdown. I've also tried disabling all my firewalls and antivirus softwares and it still won't connect. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong but I just wish I knew what that was...
Also; is there a specific program I need to use to run the client? Because when I run 'client' it reads "Coudn't connect to server. Try again later." and when I run "Launch" it reads "Connection to global server failed." Either way when I click Ok it closes to desktop. I'm running client as administrator but when I run Launch as administrator the command prompt kinda pops up for half a second and closes but if I just double click it it runs the client.
But then again on the Net-7 launcher it says "Please select a server and hit play" ...so am I supposed to run the client directly through the Net-7 launcher? if so, how? Edited by rockrat

And one more thing... I've seen some people saying it's some characters or classes they've created that's causing issues. Before the last time I reinstalled the client and launcher I was able to create my characters but once I tried to start it would get stuck on the starmap loading screen and after about 15 minutes boot me back to the login screen. Could you maybe just delete all my toons? I haven't gotten to play a lick with any of them so it wouldn't hurt...
Rockrat
Endorphius
Octopavius
Thanks for your response so far.

Update:
I'm stuck with "Incompatible version of Net7proxy" now..
I've already deleted mine and my launcher and downloaded one a dev posted here on a similar thread. I forced updates and all that stuff and I've tried it with my firewalls off. Any more suggestions? Edited by rockrat

When it 'will' be up I am not sure. To see if it is up there is a neat little program called EnB Notifier. You can find it on the Net-7 site under downloads. Sign in first, look in the downloads section and it is the fourth one down. Just run it after you get it, it sits in your tool bar tray and checks the server once a minute to see if it is up, down or starting. Man do i love that thing! It is always running for me even when I am playing, it is invaluable. It will also tell you if you are using a bit too much bandwidth and give you a false alarm if you are pushing your max limit. The game will still play even though the Icon is Red (down)..