Donation Tracker

Davidr99

• 2 weeks later...
We actually found a better option for it, a rented option here in the US that will still enable us a very low cost and a near permanent uptime without requiring us to do hardware replacement and potentially be down a day or two for parts and so on.

It actually turned out 1&1 offered us a rented option here that worked out to be cheaper month to month than what we had for our own servers. We'll see how it works out, our biggest deal was to avoid any contracts they might like to place us in just in case something happens.

[quote name='Zathman' timestamp='1329205249' post='53700']
1&1 had proved unreliable for me in the past. Maybe they've changed, but I just know I'd never go their route again. Good luck with them...
[/quote]
I guess well find out in a few weeks. As long as we get the continuous performance we need, both in processing power, memory and internet bandwidth, it's ok by me. I don't think a bit of down-time is that big of an issue since we're not anywhere near live yet, but excessive lag and intermittent connection issues would be annoying.

The servers have been hosted with 1&1 for a while, and we cant say we haven't had many problem (most of the crashes are the software we run - not the server itself)

So, as long as the US are as reliable and efficient as the UK counterpart, i cant see it being an issue :)

Thanks

Soon, I'm busy handling the final paperwork details with respective government agencies for Net-7 Entertainment, Inc. so that we can accept donations legally within the US. After I've got all that done, we're gonna acquire the plans and begin copying stuff over.

As for 1&1 you've been playing on their servers for nearly 3 years now. :)

This may be on a different thread ..but exactly how much of a pain was it for you guys to get non-profit status? Just wondering...was it a real pain or was it just a matter of just going thru forms in the right order/method?

would be nice to hear it was easier then you thought (although i doubt that)

Searing

non profit is a cake walk, you pay the fee and you got it. There's no approval. Tax exemption is what I'm working on now, and probably easy for our purposes because of what we are, but it will be expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys and Girls I hate to bring this up but Is there any way to get the Monthly over goal to show on the
following month. This month theres a surplus of $88.14 ? Maybe I'm not paying attention to the fact that it
already is being carried over month to month. If so my bad.

Maybe something like:

Carried Over Amount - [b]$88.14[/b]
Total Donation Amount - [b]$88.14[/b]
Total Goal Amount - [b]$1225.00[/b]

It would look good to see the balance start out on a positive note.

well, we would still need to raise the same amount every month to stay on track. You can check out the balance tracker [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5263-balance-tracking/"]here[/url], which shows the balance every month. You can see with the exception of Feb 1, the balance was slowly going up, which I imagine is the surplus donations.

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1330486202' post='54511']
Guys and Girls I hate to bring this up but Is there any way to get the Monthly over goal to show on the
following month. This month theres a surplus of $88.14 ? Maybe I'm not paying attention to the fact that it
already is being carried over month to month. If so my bad.

Maybe something like:

Carried Over Amount - [b]$88.14[/b]
Total Donation Amount - [b]$88.14[/b]
Total Goal Amount - [b]$1225.00[/b]

It would look good to see the balance start out on a positive note.

[/quote]

The module is programmed by a third party, so no; however, if you pay attention to my balance tracking post, I put the data up near the first day of every month. That should give a rough idea of where we stand at present.

Nah, it just didn't associate those donations with the goal, the user didn't select the goal on all of them. I set them manually. I also asked the developer if there was a way we could program it to default to the main goal.

• 2 months later...
Well guys just a heads up only 1 week to go and we seem a bit short for the month of May 2012 ...i understand everyone is busy Memorial Day weekend and all...but we need to make our goal.....

anyway donate if you can ....we appreciate the support

(my 2c worth....on donations to the project..just a "nudge" msg don't ya know)

Searing

I started to donate today, and noticed the tracker is FUBAR again.
It won't allow you to select a "goal" option, and the tracker is not showing any totals for donations this month.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.