VadenTT

I would like to ask why is VadenTT banned? Is this a simple mistake or is this another round of drama from a person i will not name open. I think that this is a mistake and just imagine how this will effect the game play for everyone!!!

Good evening/morning.

Obv. VadenTT was banned.

Of course, this is something the community is not involved in and a dev/GM could close the thread with a comment like "Not your cup of tea...we sort out alrdy...yadda yadda".

Anyway - since Vaden is a great supporter of the community, i still ask for the "why".

This project is still a community project. Its not important who is CODING it (of course it is), but we also shouldnt forget who is supporting it in a financial way (aka PAYING for it) - so i think its a....ya say "right" of the community to ask, why one of the most supportive toons has been banned.

I'm just jumping in EARLY...before this whole "affair" becomes an uproar noone will able to handle at the end, resulting in MASSCANCELATIONS...that would SUCK !

Of COURSE everyone knows whats going on here, we are also aware of this.

So plz...lets discuss the topic in a friendly and polit way. Edited by Zackman

[quote name='Hickory' timestamp='1326306328' post='51336']
I would like to ask why is VadenTT banned? Is this a simple mistake or is this another round of drama from a person i will not name open. I think that this is a mistake and just imagine how this will effect the game play for everyone!!!
[/quote]

IMO, Vaden is an ok guy and player he has helped out on builds once or twice,[u] but please tell how this will effect [/u]
[u]everyone?[/u]
If Vaden was Banned there must of been a good reason for it.

It will effect everyone because Vaden is also the guildleader of a very big guild, able to do raids etc.
So all high-level stuff you need in game is build by mostly Vaden.

Of course this is selfish at this point to say "Vaden must stay to build my stuff".
But whole life is this way, no ?;)

BESIDES from "right and wrong"...

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1326307020' post='51341']
IMO, Vaden is an ok guy and player he has helped out on builds once or twice,[u] but please tell how this will effect [/u]
[u]everyone?[/u]

[/quote]

The only thing i did was , someone in new players had a problem, and i told him to submit a ticket and a real GM would fix it for him, then sneaky messaged me and we had a "private" conversation which should have been between he and I , but apparently i was banned because of what i said in private..

I had not been given a reason, Have not gotten an email nor have i been contacted , i Just tried logging my TT on yesterday Morning to find out that he is banned.

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1326307020' post='51341']
[u]everyone?[/u]

[/quote]

Not even going to respond to your post. You know the reason as much as anyone does and if you don't then you must not actually play the game just read the forums. Edited by Hickory
  • Upvote 1

I find this pretty upsetting. B/c if it is the case that he was banned by something that was said in private thats total BS especially with not giving any kind of reason as to why it happen or anything. I highly doubt that is how GM's are suppose to do buisness (whoever banned him). And if it was the person who it seems to have been then I would question their ability to be a GM. You shouldnt let your personal feelings get involved with matters like this and just go on a power trip, I would hope the other GM's in this game would look into it and do whats right int his matter. Vaden is a huge asset to the community. I havent played this game long but from what ive seen there is no one in game that is as helpful, giving, and friendly this coming from someone that has only started playing in last couple months and I see his worth to the community. He does nothing but build / give advice / and help old and new players out. Thats just my 2 cents on the whole thing. I find it pretty sad that someone could power trip b/c feelings got hurt and ban someone over private chat pretty childish GM's shouldn't be like that. End rant
  • Upvote 1

Free VadenTT!!

Before even becoming a GM, Sneaky threated he was gonna ban Vaden and carried out his threat once he became a GM.

I respect the work that the other GMs do for the community but bad apple on a power trip needs the boot.
  • Upvote 3

- No reason given to player
- Banned for PM that should not be considered offence

[b][size=6]Please Free VadenTT[/size][/b]

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1326310165' post='51351']
Free VadenTT!!

Before even becoming a GM, Sneaky threated he was gonna ban Vaden and carried out his threat once he became a GM.

I respect the work that the other GMs do for the community but bad apple on a power trip needs the boot.
[/quote]

Really? Feeling should be left outta being a GM
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='wonder' timestamp='1326310924' post='51353']
Really? Feeling should be left outta being a GM
[/quote]

Yes I concur. If you are going to be a GM and you have a problem with someone, when you strap on the GM hat that problem should be as if it never existed. Now if you are on your char in game then have the beef with the person all you want, but in the role of a GM you can't do that crap.
  • Upvote 1

Free Hat.. I mean VadenTT!!

Lot has a valid point. This situation should never have gotten to this point because it was a private conversation. Further, if he is to keep going forward as a GM, he should not be allowed to go anywhere near Vaden because of preexisting beefs. V is needed by this community. He serves too many roles and means a hell of a lot to the community to allow this kind of foolishness to continue. Please consider restoring his access to his TT.

Thanks!
  • Upvote 2

Not to imply that David's word was not final, but I took rather lengthy look into this and it would appear that Sneaky didn't do anything wrong. Vaden did start the conversation and was being rather belligerent based on his belief that Sneaky "took" some items of his (note that GMs cannot take or move items between characters, they can only delete them). I don't know about that underlying alleged incident, but Vaden in this case did drop the F bomb on a staff member, which is a no-no. It should also be noted that the ban is temporary and in effect for only 48 hours.

As to the use of private conversations as a reason for a ban: this is quite a special case in that the private conversation was between a player and a staff member actively representing the project (that is, signed onto his GM account). One cannot simply /t a staff member and antagonize them without expecting to be corrected. This does not change the stated policy that private communications between players are to be kept confidential and could only ever be used as evidence of harassment, should one of those players report such a problem. That is to say that you may not berate other players using private messages, but we will not peer into your private conversations for any reason whatsoever without the consent of one of the parties, nor will we release private conversations for any reason.

Lastly, it was not actually Sneaky that banned VadenTT; the issue was referred up the command chain as it should have been, and the Head GM found sufficient reason to enforce a 48-hour ban. I agree you should have been notified of the reason for the ban and of its duration, however, and I will mention this to the GM staff.
  • Upvote 1

Be aware that if there is a GM ban handed down for some reason that it is almost universally temporary as they must consult the board to do a permanent ban. The next time this happens and there's 5 (or multiple) posts over the same thing, rather than private communication, you (not vaden, but anyone) will go before the Board for consideration of a permanent ban. Note also that anyone else making posts must be considered the same way. Simply put: [b]Don't.[/b]

I will cite the following:

[quote name='Code of Conduct pg 7']
If you have a grievance with a player in-game, please do not identify the player by name here on the forums. While we do appreciate that in most cases violations of this rule are legitimate attempts to warn the community of dishonorable behavior from individuals, allowing players to post potentially harmful statements about other players is open to abuse, and is therefore not allowed. This rule applies to screenshots as well as direct naming.
[/quote]

Obviously, Vaden has a perceived problem with Sneaky for whatever reason, I don't know their history. Accusing staff of wrongdoing publicly is bad. if you have a problem take it to the superior of that group, or to the Board of Directors if you don't feel comfortable with that, period.

[quote name='Code of Conduct, player & donator rules, pg 8']
Players & Donators
1. There shall be no profanity in character names.
[b]2. There shall be no excessive profanity in-game or in any system sponsored by Net 7 Entertainment, regardless of language or special characters used.[/b]
3. Bug Reports must follow format posted in Stress Testing > Bugs forum if you choose not to work with a beta tester in-game.
[b]4. You may not harass, threaten, or otherwise show belligerent behavior towards other players.[/b]
5. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language.
[b]6. You may not argue with or neglect to follow instructions of Net-7 staff. The player names of Net-7 staff begin with the word DEV, ADMIN or GM, and may be identified in that fashion.[/b]
7. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while on Net-7 or the Emulator website.
8. You may not organize nor be a member of any Organizations, groups, or fellowships within Net-7 that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
9. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Net-7 account.
10. You will not exploit any bug in Net-7, and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in-game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Net-7. You will promptly report any such bug to a senior game developer.
11. Players may not engage in Kill Stealing
12. Players may not "poach" or "ninja-loot".
13. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a region, territory, area, or location.
14. You may not defraud other players.
15. You may not operate an Organization that habitually violates these rules.
16. "Role-playing" does not grant license to violate these rules.
17. You may NOT log in multiple characters from the same account, if you discover a way to do this you will volunteer to bring this information to a development lead to get it resolved as soon as possible.
[/quote]

Someone quoted me saying that my words exempted him from harassment, what I said was (slightly paraphrased), an in game conversation about someone on a public channel is NOT harassment. Directly communicating with that player on the other hand is a little bit closer. As Cdel indicated, because this was direct communication with a staff member, there should have been no obscenity or disrespect offered as per the rules. As indicated in the code of conduct, this is NOT permitted, and while I haven't viewed the chat log for this current issue as yet, I'm willing to bet if the F-bomb was dropped, then there was arguing with Sneaky which is a violation of a 2nd rule.

Also of note, in one of these threads, someone indicated they were paying for development, let me be [b]crystal clear: [/b]You are not paying for development, you are paying to have a public server to play on and nothing more. This is in the project development cost goal:

"[color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Donations to support the server cost/any other cost for the project"[/size][/font][/color]

Having said that, if donations were to completely stop today, all that would happen is that once the contracts were up, the public servers would go down. We would return to the internal development we did before one staff member convinced us all to do a public test for everyone to get play time in, instead of just the selected beta testers. You would have to wait on posts to let you know what was new and cool (if you continued to care) and that would be that until we released it for everyone to open their own server.

Your account is a private matter between yourself, and the Emulator staff. This is not a public matter, if you want to discuss it privately with a few friends feel free, but if you're trying to grab for attention through the forums, or public chat/guild chat on the server with another toon/account this will apply. Don't try to make new accounts, or rally your friends to argue on your behalf. This will not get you unbanned, the only group that can overturn the lead of one of the development groups decisions is either that lead, if you convince them to remove the decision OR the Board as a collective whole.

[b]This sort of behavior will NOT be tolerated again.[/b]

Now, having said all that, Vaden if you did not receive a notification you have my sincere personal apology and it has already been addressed with the GM staff in a message left by both CDel & myself in their private forums area.
  • Upvote 1