Westwood Eric Want powerpoint prestation with tools 2001 or so

OK I'll see if this works....i have a power point presentation file of Eric Wang a lead developer at Westwood Studios power point presentation at a
game dev convention....

most people prob know of this but is shows some screenshots of the old EA tools used to make EnB back in the day prob around 2001 or so.

(by the by out tools we use here are "way" more advanced then the tools they used then....the progress ot the times and tool making software don't ya know"

ok anyway assuming this link ok below is the link

[b]C[/b][b]reating Stars and Planets in Earth and Beyond[/b]
Eric Wang

the link is below it is around the 9th or so down this link with the above title

[url="http://www.gamasutra.com/gdcarchive/2002/index.htm"]http://www.gamasutra.com/gdcarchive/2002/index.htm[/url]

also it is in powerpoint format fyi

Searing

hmmm did this take...i think the file size is limited to 2mb and the file i thinks is 6.9mb so.....anyway

well i tried to attach the file here don't think i can do so it seems

so simply use the above message and link to the page there to download the powerpoint presentation

interesting to look at for those who never saw the old tools

again use the links in my prev post

searing

The same presentation in the spec docs?

Back in my content dev days, we actually had a architect tool that was based largely on 3DS Max, Maya, with a tad of Autocad. The basic tools predated this game and changed little with the exception of 3D object import and handling. Its indeed pretyy cool to see the development cycle of the different in house tools from waaaay back. Our original tool prior to the Architect tool was DOS based, had the old school horrid colors of the DOS era, and would give anyone a headache after staring into its green screen with red lines all day.

yes it is the gamesutra 2002 powerpoint presentation by eric wang showing a limited number of screens for the old tools back in the day

again our dev tools now are light years ahead of those then (not sure if the devs want to show a screenshot or 2 of the new tools or not)

but anyway might be of some note to those who back in the day were curious

enjoy

searing