Increase shield level on JE's

I do not quite understand the reason for the 46 seconds timer on the JE shield leech. Other players and the DEVs should consider that JE's only have a Lvl 8 shield, and only 3 weapons slots. There is a VERY limited amount of damage that a JE can do with such an arrangement. I'm combat Lvl 43, and I used to be able to kill a Lvl 46 Zenshai Messiah without loosing all my shields, now I loose all my shields, and half my hull points for the same job. This is just ridiculous.

Jenquais,are not progens. There is already in this game a lack of gear for Jenquais, especially when it comes to combat. The new restrictions have just rendered the JE's useless. I can't even do a combat job without having to go back to the station in between every job to get my hull repaired. What were you guys thinking!?! At least give the JE a Lvl 9 shield, otherwise there is absolutely nothing that JE's can do in combat. I'm very frustrated by this decision taken without even considering the other restrictions that were already in place against JE's.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='J qu ara' timestamp='1325616206' post='50843']
(9):12:30:35 [General] Jquara: Great! Lost half of all my hull points trying to do a combat job. I hope all the progens that whined like littles babies are happy now.
[/quote]

I find it interesting you complain about others whining like babies, when you do so yourself. As I recall on Christmas Day you got hit by a runaway mob and you started whining about that as well. Now I'm not trying to troll or anything like that (were I trying to do that I'd be asking why you seem to think this game revolves around how you play your toons).

ALL Jenquai are explorers above all (JE, JS, and JD could be seen as Explorer Explorer, Explorer Trader and Explorer Warrior), Terrans are Traders first and Progen are Warriors first, as such we Jenquai have ways to hide (lowest sig and cloaking) but are not intended to be the greatest warriors. Yes, we have only lvl 8 shields, yes, they made the timer longer on shield leech, possibly even longer than it was in Live, my JE didn't get high lvl in Live so I wouldn't know, but what YOU, J qu ara, need to understand is the DEVs are trying to make the game as close to Live as possible and the JE did NOT have lvl 9 shields, it will NOT happen. If lvl 8 shields isn't playable for you may I suggest you try another race?

[quote name='J qu ara' timestamp='1325616206' post='50843']
I do not quite understand the reason for the 46 seconds timer on the JE shield leech. Other players and the DEVs should consider that JE's only have a Lvl 8 shield, and only 3 weapons slots. There is a VERY limited amount of damage that a JE can do with such an arrangement. I'm combat Lvl 43, and I used to be able to kill a Lvl 46 Zenshai Messiah without loosing all my shields, now I loose all my shields, and half my hull points for the same job. This is just ridiculous.

Jenquais,are not progens. There is already in this game a lack of gear for Jenquais, especially when it comes to combat. The new restrictions have just rendered the JE's useless. I can't even do a combat job without having to go back to the station in between every job to get my hull repaired. What were you guys thinking!?! At least give the JE a Lvl 9 shield, otherwise there is absolutely nothing that JE's can do in combat. I'm very frustrated by this decision taken without even considering the other restrictions that were already in place against JE's.
[/quote]

Because je's have tissue paper hulls ( I joke about getting the can opener out) and now you know how the pw's feel.

It was about time the je's got a nerf let the nerfhammer fall where it's needed. And stop bashing the pw's with it.

I don't get je's, really you complain about not being able to combat and a je had a devil of a time live with 51 voltoi and 55's were nearly impossible I know I watched my guild leader try and give up.

LVL 9 shields.. every class has 2 skills that are lvl 9 a pw is shields and reactor same with a pp a ps gets devices and shields.

Terrans tt/te shields engines ts engine devices.

Jenquai reactors and devices 9 the js used to be devices and engine.. iirc.

And live they never had more then 75k in shields

Learn how to use combat cloak you are not a tank.. That's how they fight. Cloak debuff zap cloak zap cloak ad naseum. Until the coma's are fixed it's the best way it's slower but cc doubles your damage to a net increase. If you want me to teach you how I will.

Lack of gear.. are you joking? Have you ever been a device builder or a terran shield builder?

A full 1/3rd of the devices Blondie builds are jenquai and the beams are off the chart how many there are. I'd say it's safe to guess that there are as many beams as there is pl's and ml's combined and no I'm not kidding.

What do you want a easy button for a je and combat?? Learn to play the class.

I used to do a lot of arena fighting live on my ps.

I fought everyone for fun and to make it fair for a je I had to not use menace and pull a pl. I'm serious 175k in shields vrs a je wasn't a contest till I pulled a gun and then they could get me. And I didn't use menace. Big equalizer menace.

Consider that next time you have a cl 46 mob vrs your cl 43 je.. You are not a combat artist I'm sorry but that's the facts man. You chose a passive combat class you either need to accept that and ask to join combat groups(my guild kills the 56-60 drones in bbw all the time) Everyone's welcome.

Or you need to understand combat is slow and it requires a lot of thinking and work to make it happen. CC lasts 5 seconds you can get recloaked with buffs in around 3 to 4 seconds so you need to time your firing to CC either run a 6-7 second beams and fire twice(with 40% turbo) or chose some 9 second beams and fire once under CC you will have to manually trigger your guns but it's a small sacrifice for double the damage.

Remember to run all plasma when using CC until lvl 9 guns ( then a black streak is worth giving up a plasma gun) to bad the black razor is energy.. such a pity..

You will need an up to update chimaera and cloak buffs ( ursa engine VO shield etc)

Update your cloak skill to at least level 5 (combat cloak)

Again the invitation is open anytime I'm online to show you what I mean and both my js and jd fight the same way. So let me know. Edited by Tradermagoo

No need to change the JE's shields, they can get by just fine with L8 shields. What the JE needs is for the Coma device to work which, in time, it will. To play a JE, keep your sig low whenever you're not doing trade runs, and avoid fights when possible. When it's necessary to fight, make sure your sig is low, make sure you're using Plamsa beams, a chim, and use your skills, they're very important. Don't try to tank with any Jenquai toon, whether it's a JE, JW, or JT. Instead use your ablity to cloak and your ability to teleport enemies to your advantage. Fighting with a JE or JT will be slow, but it can be done.

Edit: also with a Jenquai toon, level combat after you max trade & explore. Especially if you're not a defender.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1325621310' post='50847']
No need to change the JE's shields, they can get by just fine with L8 shields. What the JE needs is for the Coma device to work which, in time, it will. To play a JE, keep your sig low whenever you're not doing trade runs, and avoid fights when possible. When it's necessary to fight, make sure your sig is low, make sure you're using Plamsa beams, a chim, and use your skills, they're very important. Don't try to tank with any Jenquai toon, whether it's a JE, JW, or JT. Instead use your ablity to cloak and your ability to teleport enemies to your advantage. Fighting with a JE or JT will be slow, but it can be done.

Edit: also with a Jenquai toon, level combat after you max trade & explore. Especially if you're not a defender.
[/quote]
Actually the most important thing for any JE I play is to level Explore to level 25 and get Combat Cloak. Once I had that, learned how to get behind mobs and use a chimaera+plasma beams (level 3 ftw), combat was a lot easier. A Coma device would def be huge for higher level JE as it turns them into a quick strike wraith. :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1325641513' post='50869']
Actually the most important thing for any JE I play is to level Explore to level 25 and get Combat Cloak. Once I had that, learned how to get behind mobs and use a chimaera+plasma beams (level 3 ftw), combat was a lot easier. A Coma device would def be huge for higher level JE as it turns them into a quick strike wraith. :)
[/quote]

I generally agree, EL25 is top priority for any Jenquai toon, because of Combat Cloak, both for the stealth strike bonus, and the abilty to cloak while moving. I'm also thinking about maxing the EL and TL for the purposes of getting upgraded equipment relative to what you'd have at any given CL if your EL & TL were roughly the same as your CL. Same for all those EL based skills.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1325651704' post='50881']
can someone explain what this coma device is and does pls?
[/quote]

Coma device is a Jenquai only device that blinds the scanners of the enemy reducing his scan range. This effectively reduces the mob's weapon range as well, since mobs cannot shoot what they cannot see.

By getting our sig as low as possible, and debuffing the mob's scan range, we can be closer to the mob before he can fire back. This is why any high sig engines for Jenquai are not used by experienced players of the race for combat or mining, it's counterproductive to a strategy based on stealth to use high sig engines. It's why the Solar Sail engines are popular and why even the JT can be happy with an SS8.

The Coma is used in combat to make it harder for the mob to return fire. The debuff will aggro the mob, so one will use the device against a mob that you intend to fight. Of course you could also use it to escape, if you're not a JE with instawarp,

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1325652658' post='50884']
Coma device is a Jenquai only device that blinds the scanners of the enemy reducing his scan range. This effectively reduces the mob's weapon range as well, since mobs cannot shoot what they cannot see.

By getting our sig as low as possible, and debuffing the mob's scan range, we can be closer to the mob before he can fire back. This is why any high sig engines for Jenquai are not used by experienced players of the race for combat or mining, it's counterproductive to a strategy based on stealth to use high sig engines. It's why the Solar Sail engines are popular and why even the JT can be happy with an SS8.

The Coma is used in combat to make it harder for the mob to return fire. The debuff will aggro the mob, so one will use the device against a mob that you intend to fight. Of course you could also use it to escape, if you're not a JE with instawarp,
[/quote]

thanks Terrell. I see the Coma is in game, but not wired up yet. I'll have a look and see if I can get it working.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1325654584' post='50885']
thanks Terrell. I see the Coma is in game, but not wired up yet. I'll have a look and see if I can get it working.
[/quote]

Thanks Tienbau.

On the issue of new devices it's the Scout & Seeker that need lovin'. The Scout being an explorer class with Trader racial traits should probably have the most devices to choose from for any non-Jenquai class. They'll need exclusive devices as well. The Seeker, can use some devices from live, but she will also need exclusive devices, to differentiate her from the other Traders and the other Jenquai.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1325652658' post='50884']

[/quote]

You are correct in your description and the need for the Coma device for Jens. It was an important device in live. Until they quit linking so many Mobs the sig of ships mean nothing. In live with a low sig you could attack and kill Mobs in a group without agroing everyone of them. The need for a low sig is reduced to almost no meaning with these linked mobs.

[quote name='Lovelygirl' timestamp='1325797636' post='50974']
I love my lvl 150 JE and plan and getting a new paint job on it to make it scare the enemy...yes!
[/quote]

In addition to all the devices mentioned here for bumping up your JE... i would add the Chittin Bit shield buff device. Once you get skilled at cloaking and uncloaking, hitting a target with the chimeria together with plasma, you can kill some pretty big targets without scratching your paint. I was killing lv60 voltio in Lagarto with my JE last week... u need to have patience, but it can be done if you can isolate the target. At least until the devs bump them to gobb like powers,,, :)

Just gonna add my 2 cents sense I play a JE...

You can either according to OP allow us lvl 9 shields which is a silly idea and wouldn't make us paper cannons, or you could increase all HP on the already implemented lvl 8 shields to a specified point. Of course you now have to spend awhile researching and balancing but theres always ways around something to make it not too ridiculous sounding in game.

[quote name='cappy' timestamp='1325807697' post='50988']
In addition to all the devices mentioned here for bumping up your JE... i would add the Chittin Bit shield buff device. Once you get skilled at cloaking and uncloaking, hitting a target with the chimeria together with plasma, you can kill some pretty big targets without scratching your paint. I was killing lv60 voltio in Lagarto with my JE last week... u need to have patience, but it can be done if you can isolate the target. At least until the devs bump them to gobb like powers,,, :)
[/quote]

I bet you can't do it now ;) with shield leech skill missed up? not really a skill more like a tactic to cloak/ fire/ debuff/ shield leech/ cloak again lol

In live you could actually kite voltoi with a je since they only had beams and you could get better range on your beams than they had, and you could boost your impulse speed to the point where you could go faster backward than they did forward. This made it possible to take out practically any level of voltoi in live, though it was dead slow since you only got halv damage from beams at maximum range.

In Live I do remember a few JE's with over 70k on their lvl 8 shields, have absolutely no clue anymore which shields those were.

J qu ara... you have lvl 9 reactor, access to 6 lvl 9 devices, near instant warp. Cycle combat cloak with plasma beams, debuff from devices and repeat as necessary. The JE isn't designed to be a tank or warrior class, yet despite that, with some skill you can pull off some amazing things. Just work at it, it'll come along.

I don't recall enough from Live to give really specific advise (and still too low lvl now to know the equipment in the emu) but I do remember as a maxed JE during Live, yes combat could get tricky, and dicey, and suicidal. You are better as a support role in a group (reactor regen, max scan, max navigate, and all those fantastic activateable devices)

The best advise i could offer is to run 2 accts simultaneously, one your JE and the other a PW. I used to farm Cooper with my dual setup during live and it worked great (until I got cocky anyways lol)

If you can't dual or if the JE is too much for you (hey its not for everyone, personally I am horrible as a TE), then really you're better off rolling a warrior or trades class for the extra weapons to kill faster.

Good Luck!

Just for fun I would say think back to Ardus system and ask your self what items did that boss eyeball thingy drop? including dark matter most players flew around with this items at least thanks to guildies i managed too. :) Didn't a lvl 8 cats paw exist in live wouldn't je's use that to maneuver reverse thrusting ect... although I thought pws had the jenquie beat when kiting mobs back then lol The Vrix were also around maybe the JE and JD found a secret weapon from the Vrix beams :P it's been awhile i never played a je grinding was pretty scary back then.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but with buffs and grouped I've had a my sig as low as -0.6. How can any JE whine about that? A well-equipped JE can barely be seen as it is by mobs. A JE should, about 99.5% of the time, always get off the first shot in combat and be able to cloak.