Win 7 Professional / Game

Hi,

I just upgraded to Win 7 pro and the good news is that I was able to upload the game and client and everything is working with one small exception. When the game starts up it takes up a box the size of roughly 1/4th my monitor size. I can play the game inside this box but I would hope that I could get it to be full screen. I have run the game configure at the max resolution it makes it full screen but after setting it all to that it goes back to the 1/4th size. As I am new to Win 7 I was hoping that someone who has already figured this out might be able to give me some direction to get it full sized on my screen.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='kittos' timestamp='1325152553' post='50551']
Hi,

I just upgraded to Win 7 pro and the good news is that I was able to upload the game and client and everything is working with one small exception. When the game starts up it takes up a box the size of roughly 1/4th my monitor size. I can play the game inside this box but I would hope that I could get it to be full screen. I have run the game configure at the max resolution it makes it full screen but after setting it all to that it goes back to the 1/4th size. As I am new to Win 7 I was hoping that someone who has already figured this out might be able to give me some direction to get it full sized on my screen.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
something you will find with most older games and Vista/7 is you have to run the exe's as administrator.

for this specific issue follow these instructions:

1. Browse to the exe
64 bit C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe
32 bit C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe

2. right click the file and go to properties

3. Click "Compatability" tab

4. Choose "Run as Administrator"

5. Click OK

**note** sometimes you may also need to set "Run this program in compatability mode" and set to XP SP2 or SP3

I suggest doing this for EVERY exe in the E&B folder to avoide future issues.

Now when you run the program it will save the settings and should use the resolution you chose. Edited by Ozone

[quote name='Ozone' timestamp='1325206384' post='50569']
something you will find with most older games and Vista/7 is you have to run the exe's as administrator.

for this specific issue follow these instructions:

1. Browse to the exe
64 bit C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe
32 bit C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe

2. right click the file and go to properties

3. Click "Compatability" tab

4. Choose "Run as Administrator"

5. Click OK

**note** sometimes you may also need to set "Run this program in compatability mode" and set to XP SP2 or SP3

I suggest doing this for EVERY exe in the E&B folder to avoide future issues.

Now when you run the program it will save the settings and should use the resolution you chose.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response but it is run as administrator already. Not only does the Net-7 program check for the right version of NET but it also makes sure if your using a version of windows above XP has the admin setting set as well. I have further more already double checked that setting it is already in admin run and how I am able to play the game. The issue is the size of the resolution which when run at certain settings goes to full screen but once it is saved and goes into the game it seems to default back to this quarter screen size. Any other ideas?