'Buy Stack' button on vendor.....does anyone actually use it?

jrichards

I don't think I ever used this in live, or the emu, on purpose. I mean other than PL Ammo comps I only experienced this as a baaad way to drain credits (credit sink) from players accidentally hitting it. Is the amount purchased locked in the client or could the number purchased be adjusted from the server?

Even better if this could be adjusted by vendor level (wish list) so that it remains the same as it is now for level 1 (for plasma, explosive, chem packs/cartridges) and for all other vendors maybe just 10 or 20 purchased?

Ideas/Problems?

I see no problem with it as it is now. My ammo builders buy stacks and my other builders just click click until they have enought componets to build what they are after.

What would be nice, but never happen, is a way to sell all my loot in my hold at one time...

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1325123549' post='50508']
Doesn't it have a "confirm" window come up when you use the buy stack button for anything?
[/quote]

it does unless you shift click the item which I have done accidentally once or twice, then it's automatic full stack no confirm window

[quote name='Stoop' timestamp='1325140525' post='50543']
it does unless you shift click the item which I have done accidentally once or twice, then it's automatic full stack no confirm window
[/quote]

Yep no confirm I blew alot of credits (at the time for me) when I shift bought something.

I use use the buy stack button more than others most likely do and I see no reason to remove it. WHy? Because my left mouse button sometime double clicks and I sometimes buy more than one of something, and is why i plugged in an old mouse that i use when buying stuff.

One thing though MANY would love to see is a build all button for comps :)

Can't make any change to the client....so no new button. It may be possible to enable that in another way though like a /command or keyboard shortcut....make a different post about it.

IMPORTANT: Do you buy full stacks of anything other than level 1 ammo comps? I guess what I am saying is if the devs can reduce the 'buy stack' would it be better for the majority of players and if so what number would work:
A stack is 240 so what about 60? That would be four button clicks.

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1325234117' post='50626']

IMPORTANT: Do you buy full stacks of anything other than level 1 ammo comps? I guess what I am saying is it the devs can reduce the 'buy stack' would it be better for the majority of players and if so what number would work:
A stack is 240 so what about 60? That would be four button clicks.
[/quote]

For ammo comps when I buy them yes, other than that no. Now I have a 150 pp that runs 4 bile cannons and a flechette 9. I rarely buy ammo stacks since I have 1 gun that uses any vendor ammo comps and a stack lasts a very long time. When I got l9 PLs I started with archos and bought the slugs in a stack. All the way from level 1-9 ammo comps I used it..

Now as for building things, I buy the items I need only no sense in buying a stack.

Reducing it wouldn't bother me, would be nice for when I buy lower levels ammo as a full stack is a waste of credits. Atleast for progens, now terrans have smaller ammo stacks so they buy more than a progen needs to as an entire stack for a progen lasts long enough generally to get to the next level weapons...

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1325258575' post='50636']
...an entire stack for a progen lasts long enough generally to get to the next level weapons...
[/quote]
Yepp, at least... My PP has level 7 guns and still hasn't used up the first stack of plasma cartridges.

I would support a reduced buy stack count. Perhaps even make it scalable. Basing it on Crichton's suggestion scaled to stack size would probably work out fine, which would result in buying a quarter-stack each time you click the buy stack button.