For Teinbau : Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

grandma run over riendeer song you know it?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of this xmas song?

Here you go Tienbau a warped american classic:

"grandma got run over by a reindeer"

it seems australian's don't know about this little song ....for your cultural improvement

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTHxMjVivg

or just look up on youtube "grandma got run over by a reindeer" pops right up

searing

I quite expect 'yes' to win this poll, but I find the song thoroughly annoying, so is this really worth spreading? Also, the word 'culture' may not be the best way to describe what this is... :)

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1324933700' post='50348']
I quite expect 'yes' to win this poll, but I find the song thoroughly annoying, so is this really worth spreading? Also, the word 'culture' may not be the best way to describe what this is... :)
[/quote]

Agreed, it was okay when I was listening to it as a teenager, but by my current age, it just doesn't work for me. Plenty of other songs that are better, and more enduring, IMO.

Cdel, there's actually been some interesting studies on this apparently I looked it up when I read this earlier and it has ranked high in both love/hate opinion polls at the same time, so its pretty divided. I'm guessing that's why it hasn't gone anywhere else. lol

I always thought it was a gag song and never thought more of it.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1324935057' post='50352']
Agreed, it was okay when I was listening to it as a teenager, but by my current age, it just doesn't work for me. Plenty of other songs that are better, and more enduring, IMO.
[/quote]
At your current age? This song is older than probably a good amount of forum goers here. I remember hearing it for the first time like 15 years ago, but the song is actually over 30 years old. It comes and goes every year :)

wow '79? That's old enough to make it 'culture' here in Aus and parts of the states too I guess. Obviously not Salem. You probably have to be living in a haunted house dating back to 1650 with a great-great etc etc uncle who was either related to the witch trial guy or was one of the witches to have any historical cred there.

Or an old MicMak Indian burial ground joining onto your back garden. Which has weird shrieking noises coming from it at night. That you aren't concerned about. 'oh that's just O'wd Nance Eagleclaw Deathwalker, pay no attention to her'.

It's funny how buisnesses here in Aus proudly state 'since 1986' or even 'since 1997' I saw the other day. You don't see stuff like that in England until they've been around at least 60 years, and even then people are like 'only since 1950 ? Hmm ... well I guess you been around long enough'.

[quote name='Daywolf' timestamp='1324951029' post='50380']
At your current age? This song is older than probably a good amount of forum goers here. I remember hearing it for the first time like 15 years ago, but the song is actually over 30 years old. It comes and goes every year ;)
[/quote]

I'm older than a 32 year old song.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1324962472' post='50394']
I'm older than a 32 year old song.
[/quote]
um yeah same here. I wasn't sayin or even insinuating it was older than you, if it matters.
Come to think of it, I think I heard it 20 years ago the first time. Heard it on an AM talk or sports show. I'm not sure when or how it got popularized enough to make it to radio. Ahhh 79, a good year, BSG original series, ST:the motion picture, and Asteroids.

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1325005625' post='50418']
A ! Take off !
Don't forget about this Christmas classic.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32CwrOZVobo&feature=related"][i]Bob and Doug[/i][/url]
[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32CwrOZVobo&feature=related

i agree the doug and bob video of a canadian x-mas is still a hoot.....

*should had a poll on xmas battle of the bands..maybe next year)

searing

[quote name='Searing' timestamp='1325054382' post='50435']

i agree the doug and bob video of a canadian x-mas is still a hoot.....

*should had a poll on xmas battle of the bands..maybe next year)

searing
[/quote]
Poll #1
Have you heard this song on the radio before?
Yes: 1

Poll #2
Have you heard this song on the radio in the past 20 years?
No: 1

*shrugs* B)