New to enb-emulator; Some first site impressions

likwidtek

I played EnB when it first came out so when my friend told me about this site I became very excited. My suggestions are only based on the site and it's user experience for first time users.

When I first came to the site I wanted the standard, Who what when where why and how info which was not easily accessible. I wanted to know what the enb-emulator is, what does is look and play like, who made it, why was it made, how do I get it... you know... all that sort of stuff. The weirdest part was that the "downloads" portion of the forum is invisible to guests. So it was very confusing to know if this site even hosts the files to play unless you register.

I simply suggest that there actually be a enb emulator website which is more of a showcase and the forum be a forum. I don't think relying on the forum to do this attracts new players or sparks interest. I'm assuming many people just get confused and leave. Unless that's what you want to do is weed out the lazy/uninterested people, which I understand as well.

Anyway, just my first impression and I hope that this is taken only as constructive criticism and I don't aim to cause a flame war and I promise I'm not trolling. In my career I've learned the value of a fresh pair of eyes so I just wanted to lend them to you all. I was a huge fan of the game and am excited to give the emulator a try this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

hi likwidtek and welcome to enbemu comunity.

A website is curently under developing that might have all what you are looking for. Release date is unknown but it will be there before the game is released or it should be ;)

enbemu also had a server breakdown in december I think and that whiped out the old website that they were using and that one had alot more info than this one is having now.

Anyway enbemu is still not finished and they are curently doing stresstest 3 so still alot of bugs need fixing, skills need to be done and quest content to be made.

With that said you are welcome to come and play with us in the stess test 3 :)

Kind regards

Satis

hi likwidtek and welcome to enbemu comunity.

A website is curently under developing that might have all what you are looking for. Release date is unknown but it will be there before the game is released or it should be ;)

enbemu also had a server breakdown in december I think and that whiped out the old website that they were using and that one had alot more info than this one is having now.

Anyway enbemu is still not finished and they are curently doing stresstest 3 so still alot of bugs need fixing, skills need to be done and quest content to be made.

With that said you are welcome to come and play with us in the stess test 3 :)

Kind regards

Satis

I see. Yeah I didn't know it was still in testing. Good info, thanks! Can't wait to try it and can't wait to see the new website.

I played EnB when it first came out so when my friend told me about this site I became very excited. My suggestions are only based on the site and it's user experience for first time users.

When I first came to the site I wanted the standard, Who what when where why and how info which was not easily accessible. I wanted to know what the enb-emulator is, what does is look and play like, who made it, why was it made, how do I get it... you know... all that sort of stuff. The weirdest part was that the "downloads" portion of the forum is invisible to guests. So it was very confusing to know if this site even hosts the files to play unless you register.

I simply suggest that there actually be a enb emulator website which is more of a showcase and the forum be a forum. I don't think relying on the forum to do this attracts new players or sparks interest. I'm assuming many people just get confused and leave. Unless that's what you want to do is weed out the lazy/uninterested people, which I understand as well.

Anyway, just my first impression and I hope that this is taken only as constructive criticism and I don't aim to cause a flame war and I promise I'm not trolling. In my career I've learned the value of a fresh pair of eyes so I just wanted to lend them to you all. I was a huge fan of the game and am excited to give the emulator a try this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Hi likwidtek!

Welcome to the EnB Emulator Project. You are absolutely right about the site and this is in the works. Most of the focus of the project until very recently has been on getting the game working, but we are becoming more focused on developing the frills for our user base. We'd had a much more extensive forum but it was lost in a catastrophic hardware failure recently and we are in the process of rebuilding it which is what you see today.

I'll look into the downloads for guests issue, it wasn't intended to be that way when I set it up. There are so many things to consider when evaluating needs and setting it up. This version of the forum is very new and I'm still doing a lot of setting up.

As for the website, there is some work being done in that regard as well along with some utility databases for items and crafting. All of these elements take time unfortunately and as volunteers we give as much as we are able but with patience we shall persevere.

Thank you for your critique and your suggestions however, we appreciate any input our community wishes to share with us. I hope to see you in the game, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how far our Development Team has come in getting it running again.

Clicky Clicky

^_^

• 1 year later...