OMG another pop rock topic

Mimir

Now that the pop rocks have been mostly tweaked to work as intended(?) is there any possible way that they can be removed from the field clear bonus? I think this is a small request and I know I have asked before but.... every time I have asked someone pops in and says they get the bonus. And the topic gets buried. I have tried pulling the pop rocks first, last, and at random, with no luck getting the clear bonus. Repeat Every time there is a pop rock in a field I NEVER get the field clear bonus. Now I know XP is not or should not be important to a 150 character but it is to me. I want to max everything on the PS.

Please and Thank you :)

Oh I forgot, it this can be done it would make those that live for pop rocks happy (pop rock cherry pickers) and those that are in it for the fame and fortune happy, and most importantly me happy for my xp :) see a win win win...and possibly a loose for TB as he will have to code it. :angry:

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1324039259' post='49928']
...I know I have asked before but.... every time I have asked someone pops in and says they get the bonus.
[/quote]

i get the bonus

jk. i would like to have them removed as well :)

LOL well right[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1324080122' post='49947']
ok no worries, I'll put that in now.

So ... the clear bonus should kick in when all the normal roids are cleared?

Bear in mind it won't be as much because the poprocks won't be included.
[/quote]

LOL well as it is now when there are pop rocks involved I get no bonus at all, so that is not an issue at all. And thank you very much!

I think pop-rocks should be included in the field clear bonus, but the bug stopping the bonus from triggering has to be fixed. I haven't done much research, but the general feeling is that fields with pop-roids will not yeald a clear bonus as often as it yealds a clear bonus. A temporary fix could be to exclude pop-rocks, but if it can be made to work, I want them in.

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1324224717' post='50020']
I think pop-rocks should be included in the field clear bonus, but the bug stopping the bonus from triggering has to be fixed. I haven't done much research, but the general feeling is that fields with pop-roids will not yeald a clear bonus as often as it yealds a clear bonus. A temporary fix could be to exclude pop-rocks, but if it can be made to work, I want them in.
[/quote]

Here we go....

"I love pop rocks"

"I always get the bonus"

"Pop rocks are great"

The problem is you can't pull the ore, or all of it from a pop rock...so if they are still included in the bonus it is an automatic fail on the bonus. Why not just let them be outside the clear bonus. There is nothing lost for the pop rock lovers, nor the pop rock cherry pickers.

Let it go...

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1324224717' post='50020']
"the bug stopping the bonus from triggering has to be fixed"
[/quote]

There's no bug.

You get the clear bonus only if you start mining a fully spawned field. You can tell if it's fully spawned because the roids 'glow'. Depending on the type of glow, you can get clear bonus multipliers. The multipliers come into effect the longer the field has been left untouched.

If someone's dropped by and mined a couple of ores, the field won't give a bonus until those roids have respawned.

Even if roids have been partially mined, they'll still cause the field to fully respawn after that field's respawn time, providing it's not touched before then, if it is then the respawn cycle begins again.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1324243802' post='50029']
There's no bug.

You get the clear bonus only if you start mining a fully spawned field. You can tell if it's fully spawned because the roids 'glow'. Depending on the type of glow, you can get clear bonus multipliers. The multipliers come into effect the longer the field has been left untouched.

If someone's dropped by and mined a couple of ores, the field won't give a bonus until those roids have respawned.

Even if roids have been partially mined, they'll still cause the field to fully respawn after that field's respawn time, providing it's not touched before then, if it is then the respawn cycle begins again.
[/quote]
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Based on this, I'd say just leave it alone. I won't be heartbroken if the pop-roids are taken out of the equation, but personally, I'd rather keep them in.

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1324289239' post='50068']
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Based on this, I'd say just leave it alone. I won't be heartbroken if the pop-roids are taken out of the equation, but personally, I'd rather keep them in.
[/quote]

Why?

They will still be there the ONLY difference will be they do not have a connection with the field clear bonus.

So why would anyone prefer to keep something in game that prevents another feature from happening? I would really like to hear the argument for keeping it as it is???

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1324294479' post='50069']
Why?

They will still be there the ONLY difference will be they do not have a connection with the field clear bonus.

So why would anyone prefer to keep something in game that prevents another feature from happening? I would really like to hear the argument for keeping it as it is???
[/quote]
Because it's a field clear bonus. If you don't take the pop-rocks too, you haven't really cleared the field.

Though by that reasoning, you should always get a field clear bonus when you've finished prospecting the last asteroid in a field and you don't, so maybe my logic is flawed...
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1324306373' post='50078']
Because it's a field clear bonus. If you don't take the pop-rocks too, you haven't really cleared the field.

Though by that reasoning, you should always get a field clear bonus when you've finished prospecting the last asteroid in a field and you don't, so maybe my logic is flawed...
[/quote]

I get it I really do, in fact group with me and take me with you mining. Show me how you are able to pull pop rocks and get the bonus and you will make a believer out of me. I have asked those that swear there is no problem getting the clear bonus with pop rocks in the fields many times with no takers.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1324310322' post='50079']
I get it I really do, in fact group with me and take me with you mining. Show me how you are able to pull pop rocks and get the bonus and you will make a believer out of me. I have asked those that swear there is no problem getting the clear bonus with pop rocks in the fields many times with no takers.
[/quote]
As I stated earlier, I have not tested this enough to neither confirm or rule out the existance of a bug. My opinion that it should be left in is based on Tienbau's statement:
There's no bug.

[/quote]
If someone can show that there is a bug after all, I'll support a decision to remove the pop-rocks from the bonus until such a bug has been fixed.

[quote name='Lightening' timestamp='1324376315' post='50122']
poprocks? :) What are those? Forgive me I haven't logged in since jan of this year. :P
[/quote]

Pop-rocks are prospectables that may explode when an exploration class attempts to mine them. They may give a random buff, random debuff, shield damage, hostile mob, or you may get lucky and pull the ore.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1324376634' post='50123']
Pop-rocks are prospectables that may explode when an exploration class attempts to mine them. They may give a random buff, random debuff, shield damage, hostile mob, or you may get lucky and pull the ore.
[/quote]

Nice!!!! Thats a good twist! :)

[quote name='Lightening' timestamp='1324377018' post='50124']
Nice!!!! Thats a good twist! :)
[/quote]

Yeah they're pretty good, they were in the Live game as well. If you haven't tried an explorer class, give one a whirl. You will be able to tell which rocks are pop-rocks and which ones aren't with a little experience (they look different than non-pop rocks of same type and level). They're worth opening in the emulator because there's a chance you can actually mine them, while in Live they'd just blow up, and give an effect described before. They've also been working on the loot tables with the pop-rock mobs, which is a nice treat for explorers.

if you want to test it properly, pause a little before prospecting a new field. If the roids aren't 'glowing' here and there you won't get a clear bonus - someone's been through before you and has partially mined the field.

Also sometimes you have to hunt for the remaining roid too, esp if it's not a nice regular shape - some of the roid fields are scattered to the 4 winds.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1324418812' post='50137']
if you want to test it properly, pause a little before prospecting a new field. If the roids aren't 'glowing' here and there you won't get a clear bonus - someone's been through before you and has partially mined the field.

Also sometimes you have to hunt for the remaining roid too, esp if it's not a nice regular shape - some of the roid fields are scattered to the 4 winds.
[/quote]

Gotta install those Scan buffs.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1324418812' post='50137']

[/quote]

I have 3 fields that I mine regularly, when there are [b][size="4"]no[/size][/b] pop roids I get a bonus. When there [b][size="4"]are [/size][/b]pop roids I get no bonus. Now if you are saying that when there are pop roids the field grows or scatters farther from the center I will buy that and try harder. But if not, then there is still a problem with poppers and field bonus. Oh and I always wait for the flashy before pulling. I also was a bit intrigued with one of your statements that the flashy will change the older a field is...me likes.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1324421016' post='50144']
I have 3 fields that I mine regularly, when there are [b][size="4"]no[/size][/b] pop roids I get a bonus. When there [b][size="4"]are [/size][/b]pop roids I get no bonus. Now if you are saying that when there are pop roids the field grows or scatters farther from the center I will buy that and try harder. But if not, then there is still a problem with poppers and field bonus. Oh and I always wait for the flashy before pulling. I also was a bit intrigued with one of your statements that the flashy will change the older a field is...me likes.
[/quote]

I have noticed this too, Now that I have played for awhile. if there are pop rocks in the field I get no bonus unless I'm able to pull the ore from it. And at 1000 combat thrust I can tell you the lack of clear bonus is not because I'm missing a roid somewhere, there is still a major problem here........Imho.........

There's no bug.

[/quote]

You said "depending on the type of glow." Is there any way to visually tell the difference between the types?

[quote name='Phyxius4' timestamp='1325893753' post='51050']
You said "depending on the type of glow." Is there any way to visually tell the difference between the types?
[/quote]

yes, the glows are visually different.