Data Base - "This item has hidden drops in the database"

Envision

To have some mystery as to where said item drops. Items used to list the mob, it's CL, and which sector it was located in. Now players have to find said drops rather than having their location easily revealed to them.

However, they allow the reverse to be true. You can look up any mob by name and know its CL exactly what it drops. It doesn't give you exact percentages, or the mob's location, but you can see how common certain drops are compared to ohters.

There'd still be quite a bit of mystery even if the item DB linked the mobs that dropped the item, provided it didn't display any more info than the Mob Search function does. You'd still have to both find the mob's sector, and then hunt it down within the sector.

[quote name='Noxmire' timestamp='1323950632' post='49856']
However, they allow the reverse to be true. You can look up any mob by name and know its CL exactly what it drops. It doesn't give you exact percentages, or the mob's location, but you can see how common certain drops are compared to ohters.

There'd still be quite a bit of mystery even if the item DB linked the mobs that dropped the item, provided it didn't display any more info than the Mob Search function does. You'd still have to both find the mob's sector, and then hunt it down within the sector.
[/quote]

Except that the listings on the Mob search haven't been updated since last year. Only the recently added mobs are up to date. I didn't think they wanted us to be able to us it for that purpose anyway though.

With a community like enb hiding things doesn't work. Ask where to find anything and you usually get an answer in under 5 minutes 99% of the time.

Even in live you could ask, and usually get an answer through a pm usually not broadcast like it is alot of times now.

If I know where something drops I will usually pm the person asking just so they know and do not create a mad dash to grab it.

If the devs don't believe me create a new non dev labeled toon, log in and ask yourself. So hiding drops is kind of a mute point imo.

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1324001617' post='49915']
With a community like enb hiding things doesn't work. Ask where to find anything and you usually get an answer in under 5 minutes 99% of the time.

Even in live you could ask, and usually get an answer through a pm usually not broadcast like it is alot of times now.

If I know where something drops I will usually pm the person asking just so they know and do not create a mad dash to grab it.

If the devs don't believe me create a new non dev labeled toon, log in and ask yourself. So hiding drops is kind of a mute point imo.
[/quote]
We know. That's the point. There's no reason to present all the data when the community already collects it naturally. If the whole raw database were available EnB would be less of a game and more of a tedious activity, receiving orders from a spreadsheet.