New Goal

Kyp

You've all probably begun to notice that the donations goal appears much higher. It is calculating the one-time cost of a newly added goal at $2200.00 we were looking at to build the server plus our normal monthly goals. We still only need the 1225 a month for the main goal to keep the servers online, but anything anyone is willing to contribute to the new server, please do!

We should be able to drastically lower costs with the new equipment and local hosting location.

Thanks to all donors and players!
Net-7

• 3 weeks later...
I have been watching the donations close for a few months now. I noticed that every month we had a small amount extra. Why not use this extra money from the monthly to buy the new servers? How much is there saved up anyways?

The extra has hardly built up anything and its already in the fund. 2,200 is the additional funds needed to complete the build. As for the exact amount built up I'll have to get exhile to pull it all together.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1325209621' post='50580']
The extra has hardly built up anything and its already in the fund. 2,200 is the additional funds needed to complete the build. As for the exact amount built up I'll have to get exhile to pull it all together.
[/quote]

Well there goes my idea then, LOL

Kyp If i may ask How much will the new equipment cost? the reason being is were paying about 1k a month for the servers over in Europe so is the dev team Out right buying the servers or again renting them? just a wonder to ease minds

Jones

We rent dedicated servers for the 1225 a month. We're building one, and what you see is what you get, bout 2400 bucks or so we think for a decent server to use here in the US. Possibly a bit more as we need to form a non-profit in order to accept donations and keep them here in the US but we don't have finalized pricing on that yet.

• 3 weeks later...