Strange encounter with a pop rock

I was mining for lv 6 and 7 ammo comps in Glenn when I came across what I believed to be a typical pop rock. I checked inside and saw it had 7 units of kronosite. Well, I just knew that wasn't coming my way, so I popped the rock and waited for the explosion and mob to come out.

That's not what happened. The rock fizzed a bit and debuffed me. Inside the rock I saw a lv 27 mushroom-like critter, but it didn't attack. Well, I could target it, so I blew it away and looted a nice CE3K part I never saw before. The same thing happened the next time I tried to mine the rock, with the difference being a different CE3K part and a different debuff. The third time I tried the mine the rock, the mob came out and attacked me. I killed it and got another CE3K part (not a different one this time).

Okay, I thought I hit the jackpot for CE3K parts--as the rock was still there! I hit the rock again, and lo and behold, I mined 7 units of kronosite. The rock simply broke up as a nornally mined rock would.

Is this some random chance happening or something that shoiuld have never happened?

Edit--I have max prospect and am OL 155

[quote name='Palimow' timestamp='1323464962' post='49446']
was one a CE3K MG-15? ive been looking forever to get one to analyse
[/quote]

If I could log in I could tell you. That part looks familiar though. If you see Vitaes on line hit me up.

When you mine a pop rock, you have several things that could happen at varying chances - blowing up, mob attacking, debuffs, buffs and so on. I haven't heard of essentially mining a pop rock 3 times before exhausting it and do not know if it is functioning as intended. I'll point someone over here :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have been seeing this quite regularly with poprocks.

Had one the other day that I mined popped but didn't disappear spawned a mob, i mined again and the mob died, mined again still didn't disappear another mob, mined killed mob and that time it went poof.

That was the 1st 4 pops poprock I have seen, most I find are 2 or 3x then. I have seen this issue myself mostly in glenn with l7 radioactive poprocks in the sw fields primarily.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1324770651' post='50270']
I have an idea...how about we get rid of the pop rocks?
[/quote]

I like pop rocks on my JE (150 so no one shots from them)... Nice comps dropping from the mobs for my PP to map :blink:

I do agree though Mimir that they should not count in the field clear bonus.. Edited by shadowxsx