cant seem to log in

For some reason I cant seem to log in ... I keep puting in my password in and then the client crashes down and when I try to start it up and log in again. I put in my password in again and the client crashes again.

I was playing a few hours ago and everything was working fine

thanks
keith

[quote name='keith007' timestamp='1323373953' post='49364']
For some reason I cant seem to log in ... I keep puting in my password in and then the client crashes down and when I try to start it up and log in again. I put in my password in again and the client crashes again.

I was playing a few hours ago and everything was working fine

thanks
keith
[/quote]

what is the avatar name?

Well I tried to log in again and some thing again I start everything like always and when i put my password in and right after that ... it locks up and kicks me back into windows !!!!! im kinda lost here I was playing around noon thursday and then tried to get back on around 2;30pm and thats when it started acting funny

any ideas
thanks
keith

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='keith007' timestamp='1323411823' post='49380']
Well I tried to log in again and some thing again I start everything like always and when i put my password in and right after that ... it locks up and kicks me back into windows !!!!! im kinda lost here I was playing around noon thursday and then tried to get back on around 2;30pm and thats when it started acting funny

any ideas
thanks
keith
[/quote]

i can see nothing wrong with your account, it must be on your end. new firewall? or setting possibly.

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1324207954' post='50005']
i can see nothing wrong with your account, it must be on your end. new firewall? or setting possibly.
[/quote]

Black,

I've been having the same problem, just started this evening. I was running fine earlier today, nothing as far as I know on my end has changed. It's affecting the following :

tradervictt
walkindude

fyi, the tradervictt avatar seems to be having twice the problems as my other accounts.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i was playing today and the server was restarted 2 times the first time it was restarted, i tried to login and i was having the same problems as keith007 but after 3 tries i got into my character selection area, tonight after the 2nd restart i haven't been able to log in since. I've tried at least 20 times and it still CTD when i type my password in, i have even reset my password. I haven't had these problems before but only after the server restarts. I've checked for updates and restarted my computer but still nothing. I do not have a firewall up either, the game just crashes 3 secs after i try to log in. Is there something wrong with my account? Edited by Darkdronen
  • Upvote 1

I get log-in problems too, it comes and goes. Like everyday around 3pm pst it's just on the fritz (other games/sites work fine). If I do manage to make it in around that time, I'll d-con at most every gate. Often in the later evening, it'll run flawless. But the login or proxy server is just irritating, a lot of non-connect messages between the launcher or the client. I haven't tried a trace rout yet, something I'll remind myself to do next time.

I think my issue might have something to do with my Terran Scout, that I hardly if ever play. I ran a packet trace on my login session and it seems to end right after I get the character names and stations from the server. I get the last of the characters, my computer sends a ACK, and then 5 seconds later a SYN RESET when I close the client (after it crashes).

If there's a GM that wouldn't mind helping out, can you just kill my TS toon (Radioactiveboar)? I haven't played him in forever, and I can always just create a new one if I get the urge to play a new class character again.

[quote name='Beauregard' timestamp='1325402879' post='50751']
I think my issue might have something to do with my Terran Scout, that I hardly if ever play. I ran a packet trace on my login session and it seems to end right after I get the character names and stations from the server. I get the last of the characters, my computer sends a ACK, and then 5 seconds later a SYN RESET when I close the client (after it crashes).

If there's a GM that wouldn't mind helping out, can you just kill my TS toon (Radioactiveboar)? I haven't played him in forever, and I can always just create a new one if I get the urge to play a new class character again.
[/quote]
Radioactiveboar removed

Seems I have a similar problem, I created a second character and, when the process completed, the client crashed. Needless to say since that moment after I login the client CTD no matter what settings I've done or after re-installing the net7 patch.

Could you remove the character Jezmaster under the Jezmiester account? Hopefully that will remove the issue.

P.S. was I wrong to create a second character under the one username?

Cheers Edited by Jezmiester

[quote name='Jezmiester' timestamp='1325600875' post='50838']
Seems I have a similar problem, I created a second character and, when the process completed, the client crashed. Needless to say since that moment after I login the client CTD no matter what settings I've done or after re-installing the net7 patch.

Could you remove the character Jezmaster under the Jezmiester account? Hopefully that will remove the issue.

P.S. was I wrong to create a second character under the one username?

Cheers
[/quote]
Jezmaster deleted, no its ok you can have 5 per account 3 accounts per e-mail, it just messes up sometimes

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1325633706' post='50859']
Jezmaster deleted, no its ok you can have 5 per account 3 accounts per e-mail, it just messes up sometimes
[/quote]

Thanks Blacklung. It worked perfectly.

I can login fine with all my other toons, on my other accounts, but when I log in my JE Aeryn it crashes at the loading screen. No changes have been made to my PC. I have been able to correct this behavior in the past via re-installing, clearing the Earth & Beyond\Data\client\output folder, and re-patching but this has not worked this time.

The previous posts are saying that deleting their toon fixed the problem......so the issue is likely corrupt character data on the server/database side. Is this data regularly backed up? If so a character restore should fix the issue. My toon is max level (155+) with decent gear and mines ammo ore for several of my alts so I def do not want to delete the account.

NOTE: on my other two accounts I can login fine....but if I logout and then try to login to my JE, [b]Aeryn[/b].........crash.

<sad panda>
:)

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1325659687' post='50886']
I can login fine with all my other toons, on my other accounts, but when I log in my JE Aeryn it crashes at the loading screen. No changes have been made to my PC. I have been able to correct this behavior in the past via re-installing, clearing the Earth & Beyond\Data\client\output folder, and re-patching but this has not worked this time.

The previous posts are saying that deleting their toon fixed the problem......so the issue is likely corrupt character data on the server/database side. Is this data regularly backed up? If so a character restore should fix the issue. My toon is max level (155+) with decent gear and mines ammo ore for several of my alts so I def do not want to delete the account.

NOTE: on my other two accounts I can login fine....but if I logout and then try to login to my JE, [b]Aeryn[/b].........crash.

<sad panda>
:)
[/quote]

I tried creating a new toon on the same account and get frozen at the loading screen but it doesn't crash. Since, with the same client, I can login on a different account then logout and have problems with this account I am dumbfounded. Any chance some of the changes Tien was making to JE scan or other stuff may have caused some corruption (I did login on this toon during lunch today from work).

We're having the same issue on my husband's computer all of a sudden (worked fine last night.) Clearing the Earth & Beyond\Data\client\output folder didn't do anything.

CTD after clicking enter at login screen on Zigen's account. I can log in fine on my computer, including onto Zigen's account.

There were Microsoft Updates yesterday. Both Zigen and I dlded them. Zigen runs 64x Vista Ultimate, I run 64x win7 Ultimate.

Ticket submitted.

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1325662095' post='50887']
I tried creating a new toon on the same account and get frozen at the loading screen but it doesn't crash. Since, with the same client, I can login on a different account then logout and have problems with this account I am dumbfounded. Any chance some of the changes Tien was making to JE scan or other stuff may have caused some corruption (I did login on this toon during lunch today from work).
[/quote]
Interesting enough I was able to fix the problem by removing the LaunchNet7 from AppData\Local (instructions listed in this [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4691-server-hosts-are-piling-up/page__p__37637__hl__appdata__fromsearch__1#entry37637"]post[/url] from C Del).

We've been able to log in Zigen now, after re-installing the game & re-patching.

We did, however, delete LaunchNet7 from AppDataLocal as well ... and now we're having trouble getting him to play full screen windowed mode [img]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img] But at least he can log in

EDIT: --> full screen windowed mode figured out, dont know that it had anything to do with the other, grave, issue.