Poll: Macros and Multiboxing

238 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options coincide with your opinions? (Multiple options allowed.)

• I am against macros and multiboxing.
    • I am against macros but not against multiboxing.
    • I am against multiboxing but not against macros.
    • I am not against macros or multiboxing.
    • Though I am not against macros, I believe they should be strictly limited.
    • Though I am not against multiboxing, I believe it should be strictly limited.
    • I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mortabis, said:

I'm not saying you can't play the way you want too, all I am saying is that MMO's are designed for group play, which is a fact. Also I am saying that you won't be able to achieve the same achievements a group can without grouping, which is also a fact.

/target Avani

/FACEPALM

well no need to get rude and huffy about it all because you have a difference of opinion... geeze, you dont see me throwing around ////'s at you, personally, I am hurt :) ... but once again there you go speaking for the world... MMO's in general imo have built within them the opportunity for group play and they also have built within them the opportunity for solo play... so they are just as much designed for solo play as group play, which imo is intentional...

Mortabis, on 07 February 2010 - 02:25 AM, said:

I would say its safe to assume that most of the people that play MMO's on a day to day basis have one goal in mind, end game content. I would also say its safe to assume that most MMO developers focus on end game content and the progression there of solely after a game has been launched. This is what separates MMO games from single player games. Single player games typically have a ending, whereas MMO's are constantly evolving and have to in order to keep clients interested in the game.

you make 2 assumptions here and use the word typically once... none of those words are definitive or facts they are only (safe) in your opinion... oh and about endings "everything that has a beginning has an end", even mmo's, where you once again incorrectly speak for the world... I would play enb if they never added anymore content than is in the game right now and still be interested (hell I still listen to the same music since the 70's)...

keep in mind that my goal is to always say the opposite of you because unless you present hard facts... there will always be an opinion that is 180 degrees the opposite of yours and it will always be just as true... :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

well no need to get rude and huffy about it all because you have a difference of opinion... geeze, you dont see me throwing around ////'s at you, personally, I am hurt :) ... but once again there you go speaking for the world... MMO's in general imo have built within them the opportunity for group play and they also have built within them the opportunity for solo play... so they are just as much designed for solo play as group play, which imo is intentional...

you make 2 assumptions here and use the word typically once... none of those words are definitive or facts they are only (safe) in your opinion... oh and about endings "everything that has a beginning has an end", even mmo's, where you once again incorrectly speak for the world... I would play enb if they never added anymore content than is in the game right now and still be interested (hell I still listen to the same music since the 70's)...

keep in mind that my goal is to always say the opposite of you because unless you present hard facts... there will always be an opinion that is 180 degrees the opposite of yours and it will always be just as true... :)

With all due respect, the statements I have said in the prior post are and will always be facts. They are not assumptions. FACTS! Any logical thinking mind will come to the same conclusion, its common sense. Just as the sun is bright, and ice is cold, so are MMO's created for multi-player play. So, lets face the facts. Avani, you're just a troll...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

With all due respect, the statements I have said in the prior post are and will always be facts. They are not assumptions. FACTS! Any logical thinking mind will come to the same conclusion, its common sense. Just as the sun is bright, and ice is cold, so are MMO's created for multi-player play. So, lets face the facts. Avani, you're just a troll...

Since i miss the abillity to think logical, i figured that multiplayer games are designed to have multiple players taking part. That is the fact. Its like in real life. we also live on the same planet, but we mostly don't cooperate alot with each other. even worth, we mostly work against each other. It's ego and thats another fact. Many MMo's have no endgame, best example is EVE.It might be possible that many people still play mmo's to win. the question is only, what are they expect to win?

the ting with the weather is, that if it rains the streets get wet. On the other side, if the street are wet it might not be from the rain. Yes mmo's are created for multiplayers, but that doesnt mean that they all play together.

I personally like to play together with others as much as i like to play alone. even without the capacity to think logical i can imagine alot of people also behave this way.

Maybe im a troll too??????

u tell me Mort, because im obviously mentaly handicaped :)

so i take it that now you have resorted to name calling in your posts that you have not been able to come up with any facts to back your opinions (other than we should believe you just because)... you are conceding whatever point you are trying to force upon us? :D

/edit oh and with all due respect to who? I mean you say with all due respect and then call me a troll... is that a compliment where you come from ? :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

so i take it that now you have resorted to name calling in your posts that you have not been able to come up with any facts to back your opinions (other than we should believe you just because)... you are conceding whatever point you are trying to force upon us? :D

/edit oh and with all due respect to who? I mean you say with all due respect and then call me a troll... is that a compliment where you come from ? :D

OK, how about you try to prove the supposed facts I presented wrong? Thats generally how it works, someone presents facts, someone disagrees and attempts to prove them wrong. If you can prove that MMO's are not created for multi-player play, and that you can achieve the same goals that a group can as a single player, I will admit that i'm wrong, but lets face it. You and I both know I am right, AND this is why I call you a troll. Because you ignore the facts and have rejuvenated this post not because of your interest in balancing the game, but your interest in creating drama and conflict for your entertainment. Rarely have you contributed anything worthwhile to the cause and instead post meaningless, grammar-less arguments that warrant nothing but controversy.

Since i miss the abillity to think logical, i figured that multiplayer games are designed to have multiple players taking part. That is the fact. Its like in real life. we also live on the same planet, but we mostly don't cooperate alot with each other. even worth, we mostly work against each other. It's ego and thats another fact. Many MMo's have no endgame, best example is EVE.It might be possible that many people still play mmo's to win. the question is only, what are they expect to win?

the ting with the weather is, that if it rains the streets get wet. On the other side, if the street are wet it might not be from the rain. Yes mmo's are created for multiplayers, but that doesnt mean that they all play together.

I personally like to play together with others as much as i like to play alone. even without the capacity to think logical i can imagine alot of people also behave this way.

Maybe im a troll too??????

u tell me Mort, because im obviously mentaly handicaped

Well, if I take into consideration the fact that a forum troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. I would have to say that no, your not a troll.

You're right about MMO's being created for multi-player interaction, as such only the highest and greatest awards can be achieved from said multi-player interaction. It is true that many players prefer to go against the grain and play solo, but it is also true that players that do will never achieve the same benefits of those that group.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

It is true that many players prefer to go against the grain and play solo, but it is also true that players that do will never achieve the same benefits of those that group.

Since u will need facts, here are some. I have 3 accounts with EVE of which i only use 1 actively for about 12 hour a month lately. Im not swimming against the grain with this. cause multiboxing is encouraged by CCP. (prolly because it generates extra cash:) I play EVE 7 years the last 4 exclusively single in a one man corp. U can do that in EVE. as a matter of fact many players do. Put aside the fact that most of the stuff u buy on the market is made from other players there is not much interaction with others.

The last 2 Years i run T-DOP as a production fascillity for t2 drones and ships in a small highsec system 2 hops from Jita. Refueling the POS and shuffling parts and products back and forth to Jita take me about 12 hours a month. My totall net annual profit is around 18.000.000.000, thats because im so lazy. More then 90% of all the other players never make that much, as u can see in the financial annual reports made available to everybody.

I think it all has alot to do with personal insight and skill. If u have the skill to run multiple boxes and u are good enough at it to solo-group combat, that is skill and efford, its not an exploit. running multiple accounts on live on a single box was never a problem. It kinda became one with the net-7 startup, specially on vista and W7. still works like a charme on xp. without any VM. Never used it for more then extended storage anyway.

To be totally honest this whole discussion about multiboxing makes no real sense to me. Neither does the macropart because i think most people mean bots if they say macro. Im not a native english speaker so this little differences are very important 4 me 2 understand what the subject is about. in order to judge propperly we also need a common frame of reference, which we obviously don't have at this moment. The fact that Macros (bots) and multiboxing are combined in this subject only adds to the confusion.

I guess this is what u get if u want to achive to much too fast:)

u all fly safe and fight victorious

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Since u will need facts, here are some. I have 3 accounts with EVE of which i only use 1 actively for about 12 hour a month lately. Im not swimming against the grain with this. cause multiboxing is encouraged by CCP. (prolly because it generates extra cash:) I play EVE 7 years the last 4 exclusively single in a one man corp. U can do that in EVE. as a matter of fact many players do. Put aside the fact that most of the stuff u buy on the market is made from other players there is not much interaction with others.

The last 2 Years i run T-DOP as a production fascillity for t2 drones and ships in a small highsec system 2 hops from Jita. Refueling the POS and shuffling parts and products back and forth to Jita take me about 12 hours a month. My totall net annual profit is around 18.000.000.000, thats because im so lazy. More then 90% of all the other players never make that much, as u can see in the financial annual reports made available to everybody.

I think it all has alot to do with personal insight and skill. If u have the skill to run multiple boxes and u are good enough at it to solo-group combat, that is skill and efford, its not an exploit. running multiple accounts on live on a single box was never a problem. It kinda became one with the net-7 startup, specially on vista and W7. still works like a charme on xp. without any VM. Never used it for more then extended storage anyway.

To be totally honest this whole discussion about multiboxing makes no real sense to me. Neither does the macropart because i think most people mean bots if they say macro. Im not a native english speaker so this little differences are very important 4 me 2 understand what the subject is about. in order to judge propperly we also need a common frame of reference, which we obviously don't have at this moment. The fact that Macros (bots) and multiboxing are combined in this subject only adds to the confusion.

I guess this is what u get if u want to achive to much too fast:)

u all fly safe and fight victorious

Read all of the post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Hi folks, things seem to be heating up a bit more than needed to have a civil debate. By all means, continue your debate but keep it civil as I would hate to have to bring it to an end. Just a heads up

• Upvote 2

As far as I am concerned the debate was over long ago, and thus can be closed. Avani attempted to revitalize it to create drama for no other purpose other than her own entertainment. So yes I called her out for being a troll. Although, it is true that Avani's behavior was very much like that of a Troll, I am just as guilty for responding irrationally with my emotions and for this I apologize. I had rather see the topic closed than have trolls bringing up dead topic's over and over again to create dramatical events for their own personal entertainment.

PS: I love the cat, I always have loved the "lolcats" movement! I Can Has Cheezburger?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice kitten picture...

I have a laptop in addition to my deskweight that I use for running a second acct, mainly to try out the privateer, and secondly to use for transferring stuff. Still, I tend to focus more on one acct for then the other. Thats my honest opinion on the subject.

People likely use enb on a second computer to try out some of the new classes and check on some of their favorite classes.

Nice kitten picture...

I have a laptop in addition to my deskweight that I use for running a second acct, mainly to try out the privateer, and secondly to use for transferring stuff. Still, I tend to focus more on one acct for then the other. Thats my honest opinion on the subject.

People likely use enb on a second computer to try out some of the new classes and check on some of their favorite classes.

Firstly, I would like to say wow, just wow, I got negative 8 reputation! I bet all of my negative reputation is from one person, Avani! This further compliments my troll theory, not only is she repeatedly marking down my post, but she is repeatedly marking up hers! Whats this prove? Nothing, a bit childish if you ask me.

Secondly, I generally dual-box as well. I have 2 accounts and transfer items/credits between them and occasionally do tours and power farming, I believe this is fine. The only problem I have ever had was with people using in access of 3 accounts to take advantage of the limited player base that we currently have and the fact that EnB is incredibly easy to multi-box/macro compared to other games.

Thirdly, I am not some evil guy hell bent on controlling and manipulating the way people play, all I want is balance. Fairness, for everyone. Especially those that solo play. No one should ever feel the need to have to multi-box and or use macros to get ahead or just reach even ground with people that do.

Fourthly, Yes, multi-boxing is encouraged in other games. But remember that the current EnB database is limited to between 150-300 players online at a given time. Eve, has just one cluster server with between 15 and 35k players on at any given time.

Fifthly, lolcats are awesome. Thusly I have decided to create my own lolcats picture using the only image I have of my late cat Ninja, in tribute to my late Ninja Kitty, I present to you TROLLCATS!

roflbotdp2j.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Thirdly, I am not some evil guy hell bent on controlling and manipulating the way people play, all I want is balance. Fairness, for everyone. Especially those that solo play. No one should ever feel the need to have to multi-box and or use macros to get ahead or just reach even ground with people that do.

LOL Fair and Balanced as you think it should be...priceless... :(

And I won't bet it was all one person

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And I won't bet it was all one person

It wasn't all one person, that I guarantee personally.

Sad thing is, they both make good points. I know I've seen games that emphasised solo over groups & vice versa and heard the theories promoting enforced grouping & solo "empowerment". Probably the best implementation of a design is to enable decent solo progression & encourage group interaction without requiring it. ENB is pretty good in this regard.

• Downvote 1