Poll: Macros and Multiboxing

238 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options coincide with your opinions? (Multiple options allowed.)

• I am against macros and multiboxing.
    • I am against macros but not against multiboxing.
    • I am against multiboxing but not against macros.
    • I am not against macros or multiboxing.
    • Though I am not against macros, I believe they should be strictly limited.
    • Though I am not against multiboxing, I believe it should be strictly limited.
    • I have no idea what you're talking about.

The current polls. Presupposing honest voting.

Against macros: 46/65. 61%.

Against multiboxing: 7/65. 11%.

Against neither: 11/65. 17%.

No comment: 1/65. 2%.

For macros: 18/65. 28%. 11/18 believe they should be strictly limited. 17%.

For multiboxing: 57/65. 88%. 14/57 believe they should be strictly limited. 22%.

For neither: 6/65. 9%

Macros free (for macros minus limit macros): 7/65. 11%.

Multiboxing free (for multiboxing minus limit multiboxing): 43/65: 66%.

• Upvote 1

You can not tell 1 person using 3 comps, or 3 different people in a household playing together without chatting with them.

we are installing red light cameras to all people playing enb so WE WILL KNOW... muhawawaaaa

cant believe this thread is still going strong... 28 replies and counting... I think with this post we just moved ahead of the pvp thread which has 27 replies

Excellent use of their time!

You could just chat back, it really wouldn't be that complicated or challenging. It's not like the seonc/third box is a drone PC in another building, you're sitting right there in most cases.

You could just chat back, it really wouldn't be that complicated or challenging. It's not like the seonc/third box is a drone PC in another building, you're sitting right there in most cases.

*I* have no problem chatting back, I just get a kick out of how people volunteer the GM's time chasing wild geese.

And, of course, people "chatting back" would never lie, would they? But, as the Guinness ads say . . . "Brilliant!"

Ohhhh, against the use of *macros*! I thought it was against the use of Marco! ;)

LOL, I sometimes type Marco when I'm trying to type Macro and vice-versa. It's insidious.

He could form a 50's rock'n'roll quartet called Marco and Macros.

also if I'm not concentrating I instinctively add a '7' whenever I type the word 'net' these days.

;)

there is nothing wrong with using several PCs to play a on line game. It isn't cheating..as some would say.

so why not just kill this theard and move onto more improtant issues like login issues and game content...

:P

there is nothing wrong with using several PCs to play a on line game. It isn't cheating..as some would say.

so why not just kill this theard and move onto more improtant issues like login issues and game content...

cuz for reasons never explained some people have a real jones against it - so, unfortunately, this thread (or others like it) shall live on in perpetuity.

Several people have explained the reasons quite clearly actually...

Actually no, never clearly - some vague statements about giving advantage yet failing to describe what and how.

So - please take this opportunity to provide that explanation - or just cut and paste said example here.

Actually no, never clearly - some vague statements about giving advantage yet failing to describe what and how.

So - please take this opportunity to provide that explanation - or just cut and paste said example here.

Well Jarod, it appears that I was correct when I said that MOST ALL of us agree that the use of macro's and or bots is frowned upon by the majority of the Earth and Beyond community, as I have said before it was obvious. Also, as I have said before, people that multi-box will have significant advantages over those that don't. I feel as though, the effects of these said advantages have been clearly stated in previous post by me, and other members of the earth and beyond communiuty. Why you fail to recognize this fact is beyond me. I have, in a attempt to limit the impact of multi-boxing exploits to the community, refrained from going into explicit details regarding the exploits and their use. Although, I am readily able to diverge on the subject further. I feel as though it would be better if I were to communicate to the DEVS directlly, rather than expose the exploits on the forums for everyone to use. Rather than ban multi-boxing completely or attempt to limit it, which I admit would be a heeding task, there are ways to make multi-boxing less rewarding and thus less desirable. Thus making the game more fair, balanced and more enjoyable for everyone that plays it.

Which, fortunately, is what they plan to do anyway according to Tienbau.

Right, they can start be removing player to player trade XP. AND instead incorporate, and increase the traders negotiate bonus while grouped, encouraging players to group up for trade runs. Instead of avoiding trade runs completely by using multi-boxing exploits.

Interesting. I hadn't known about that one. I did know that some people will multibox six ships to get extra explore XP too, but eh...

That's a good point. Prior to the unscheduled wipe, my JW and JT toured my mule char around for Explore XP to get to EL25 and Combat Cloak, because after exploring the galaxy they didn't have EL25 yet. When Jobs are developed that will hopefully be fixed. With key Jenquai skills being based on Explore, Cloak, Fold Space, and Scan for JW, as well as Cloak and Scan for JT, EL25 is very important to Jenquai, and the JW/JT cannot get Explore as easily as the JE. (They shouldn't being they're not Explorers by class, but simply have explorer racial traits.)

Just get rid of the JE class and give everyone wormhole. thats about 90% of a reason anyone dual boxes. lol

no it was way less than that. most that muti boxed during live did what i did. use the shuffle stuff between toons. if one of my char needed a piece of equipment i make it for on a char that could then multi box log in give the item to the char that needed it. it avoided paying the insane mark up on some items that occurs in these games at times

Interesting. I hadn't known about that one. I did know that some people will multibox six ships to get extra explore XP too, but eh...

Right as it currently stands, you can get a lvl 0 toon to trade level 50 in approximately 6 to 8 hours, whilist amassing 35 combat levels as well. Whereas, it would take a single player playing the game normally about 1 week, maybe more worth of steady playing time to achieve the same goals. The people that take advantage of the multi-boxing exploits know this, and I am not saying that everyone does. Like hobieone has said, most people that do multi-box do it to transfer stuff between characters, make items etc, which i feel is fine, I use it for those purposes too. But when it comes to forming groups for combat, trading exploits etc something should be done about those people that abuse the privilege.

EDIT: I feel as though if people are going to be allowed to multi-box, that there should be no significant advantages to those that do, when compared to those that don't.

Right as it currently stands, you can get a lvl 0 toon to trade level 50 in approximately 6 to 8 hours, whilist amassing 35 combat levels as well.

pleasze dont take this the wrong way... but any chance you can pm me how to get to L85 in 6-8 hours (if I am reading your post correctly)... even if I could just get TL 50 in 8 hours that would soooo rock... thanks :) plz pm me...