Poll: Macros and Multiboxing

238 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options coincide with your opinions? (Multiple options allowed.)

• I am against macros and multiboxing.
    • I am against macros but not against multiboxing.
    • I am against multiboxing but not against macros.
    • I am not against macros or multiboxing.
    • Though I am not against macros, I believe they should be strictly limited.
    • Though I am not against multiboxing, I believe it should be strictly limited.
    • I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have issues with the economic effect of macros more than the XP factor. Someone running 3 PCs 24/7 combat farming loot will amass stupid amounts of wealth leading to massive inflation, screwing anyone that doesn't macro. I don't care if someone hits lvl 150 first, but when a stack of ammo costs 100 mil, we'll have problems.

Ideally, this game gets released in a state where macroing is useless, and people don't feel inclined to do it to beat the grind. Making things un-macroable (random trade runs for example) is also one way to combat it. Bind on pickup loot is a way to deter rare mob macro camping or gold farming in general, but has an inherent impact on the usefulness of crafters unforunately.

Banning botting is probably the best way to keep things "fair".

Multiboxing in a Live server won't be effective as you can't just form/kite everything. People shouldn't be able to multibox stuff like the Controller without getting destroyed. If you have a wormhole mule, go nuts. There are significant diminishing returns on efficiency through multiboxing as well so it's not that big of an issue.

• Upvote 1

Cool, I was going to do something like this but didn't because I thought it was obvious that most of us are against the use of macros/bots. I also kinda figured that the turnout would be poor. I hope more people vote its a important issue!

I hate the use of multiboxing and macros, if they ever get a police type squad on here I'm join it.

Why play a game if you're going to use a third party program to do most of you work for you?

I think if people use multiboxing they should be banned from the game, if you're going to use macro's the same offense can be given but warnings can be given until 3rd offense.

• Downvote 1

I love how people that can't figure out how to multibox on one computer, or don't have a second computer to multibox on get all hollier than thou on what should be done to those that do. I don't multibox, but i see no problems with it. It was in live and I had no problems with it then either.

I love being able to use and play two computers/accounts at once. I love being able to be self sufficient. Sometimes we just don't have enough builders out there and waiting for someone to log in can be a pain. While the game was live, I had my JE on my second computer that I used. During raids, I had my TT that I used to heal us. I have never, nor will I ever use macros or bot programs. I have always been the one pressing the keys. I think the fact that this game is free and were not paying for it, there needs to be some limits and regulations on registered accounts. Though there are ways around that, different names and emails. Maybe making it to where IP's are tracked and the server will boot someone trying to run more than 2 accounts from one IP address.

I can honestly say, having a second account to play around with while I play my main character makes the game more enjoyable for me.

I know how too but, I choose not to use it too there's a big difference there, I think the game should be played for what it is.

As for multiboxing in enb live I don't remember that I do remember TravelMate & AC Tool

i think you need to delete this poll and start a new one... cuz the choices are a mess... for example if you select choice one and choice 2 against macros so since people can multi-chose it makes a mess outta the tally, cuz you dont get an accurate against vote without adding the answers togtehter... just imho the choices should be

1. I am against macros

2. I am against multiboxing

3. I am not against macros

4. I am not against multiboxing

5. I am not against macros but they need to have restrictions

6. I am not against multiboxing but it needs to have restrictions

7. I have no idea what the hell you are talking about (which everyone should check just for fun).

This way each answer only says one thing...

I am against macros and multiboxing. (2 votes [10.53%])

I am against macros but not against multiboxing. (6 votes [31.58%])

I am against multiboxing but not against macros. (0 votes [0.00%])

I am not against macros or multiboxing. (4 votes [21.05%])

Though I am not against macros, I believe they should be strictly limited. (3 votes

Though I am not against multiboxing, I believe it should be strictly limited. (3 votes [15.79%])

I have no idea what you're talking about. (1 votes [5.26%])

macros can be a lot more of a pain than multi boxing. with multi boxing you have some actually playing the game or like the time i've only multi boxed on one computer was to log onto an alt to transfer stuff from one char to another altho i 'd rather just have a shared vault but with macro majority of those I've seen are completely automated so no one really is playing the game

Yeah, this poll is not perfect, but will do the job well. I just wanna see if I should take the multi-boxing out of admendment for the next poll. I hope I don't have to do that because I still feel that people should play the game normally rather than multi-box. I also hope that people won't vote no just because the multi-boxing issue is included.

Yeah, this poll is not perfect, but will do the job well. I just wanna see if I should take the multi-boxing out of the next poll. I hope I don't have to do that. I also hope that people won't vote no just because the multi-boxing issue is included.

yeah ic what you mean make 2 polls one for each so they can be more focused... and that way you could add more selections since you are not covering 2 subjects...

I hate the use of multiboxing and macros, if they ever get a police type squad on here I'm join it.

Why play a game if you're going to use a third party program to do most of you work for you?

I think if people use multiboxing they should be banned from the game, if you're going to use macro's the same offense can be given but warnings can be given until 3rd offense.

I think your stance on multiboxing is a bit extreme. There's no 3rd party program involved, just more accounts and computers.

With as few people there are on the servers now, finding groups, tours, crafters, people to help you transfer stuff can be quite frustrating. Lots of folks have mule accounts and multi-box (read 2 box) so they can store stuff. JEs for wormholes are quite few as well. Lots of folks are trying out the new classes and not one of those can wormhole, so thus folks make wh-mules and multi-box those. These are all perfectly legitimate reasons for multi-boxing that specifically deal with flaws in the game. This was the case in live and the case now as well.

Vault mules - this is an unfixable problem as long as the game client can't be touched.

WH mules - this may fix itself once the emu goes live, but that depends on how many players end up playing and roll JEs. You can solve this with WH NPCs parked in varying spots around the universe. Properly placed it wouldn't significantly affect gameplay nor remove a JE's usefulness.

If your concern is that folks are gonna multi-box enough toons to be able to solo hard content, then I submit to you the flaw is not the multi-boxer, but the lack of difficulty on the content. If people can solo form/kite the Controller, then tweak the Controller to make it harder. Hell make it leash so you can't kite it. Put aggro spawns in kite range so folks that try to kite get nuked by it.

Macros on the other hand, should be bannable since it is a 3rd party program that allows you do something without the player's hands on effort.

I think your stance on multiboxing is a bit extreme. There's no 3rd party program involved, just more accounts and computers.

Actually there is a 3rd party program required for multi-boxing on a single machine, VMware.

Actually there is a 3rd party program required for multi-boxing on a single machine, VMware.

we are talking about "real" multiboxing here, where multiple computers are required to run the game.

running this stuff in vmware somehow strikes me as a waste of resources :)

we are talking about "real" multiboxing here, where multiple computers are required to run the game.

running this stuff in vmware somehow strikes me as a waste of resources :)

... I am playing the game inside VMWare Workstation... It is a business laptop and I don't want any trace of the game on it! The latest version of VMware works very well with Direct X, and with the game being quite old, it works better inside the VM than it did on my machine at the time!

However, I wish I could macro - I spent about 6+ hours playing non stop repetitive killing to raise about 20ish levels before the 48 hour roll back!... but I wouldn't even know where to begin to macro in a 3d game... well beyond me! - and of course, if it is against the rules, I wouldn't even if I could.

Well at this stage of the server no one should be macroing at all. You all should be looking out for bugs or issues. If you are macroing and not there then you are missing out on bugs or issues and whatnot. I am against macroing to be honest, dual boxing is fine since you are playing both at the same time. But like I said, no one should be macroing right now since you all need to be doing a job and helping to find bugs and whatnot. How can you do that if your not there testing the game. But why play a game and not enjoy it by making the bothersome jobs done by computer, that just doesn't make sense to me. Go play Farmville or something if you want an instant, "I WIN," button or something or "Hello Kitty."

My .02 creds.

Don't care if people want to multibox or macro.

All that matters to me is if they are behaving badly towards other players and affecting basic game play of others. Examples - If a macro goes out of control and the owner doesn't intervene, or the owner doesn't respond to another player asking for a turn farming mobs at a navigation buoy then it would be all right for a GM to kick and warn them.

A whole game of nothing but macros might be bad though. ;)

I voted for yes on macros, but more along the lines of macros in world of warcraft, which by pressing a single button you can have a chain of events occur. Does macro'ing apply to the term of automating a character in the game world? Would that not be considered botting?

Im sort of mixed on the case of Multiboxing, since overall they can use more system resources that could have been used for other players that may also be trying to get in. If server population isnt a huge issue then id say go for it. However if there becomes a login queue where single account users such as myself are waiting for one person to log out one of his 3 toons then it becomes a problem.

Just my thoughts.

Macros = It's okay if you have it pressing keys such as click to manufacture ammo, or for it press all your buffs at once etc small non-game breaking.

Bad Macros = Acts like a bot. Does trade runs for you, mines for you, kills mobs for you etc.

Multi-boxing is alright as long its not over 3 characters.

For those concerning. "Multi-boxing" most mmo's see it as using 1-2+ computers to run multiple accounts to gain advantages over other players in 'combat.' So mining with multiples, killing with multiples = bad if they disallow it in a MMO, but pretty much any MMO I know allows you to have 'multiple' accounts online to transfer + build items. As long as your not 'exploiting' over someone else. Since 1 Person = 1 player in combat, but if a multiboxing comes alot 1 person = 2 players. (Btw its not hard to form and just hit the assist then f button on other keyboards or download a program that where you hit one button on this keyboard goes to other one to)

But I'm against multi-boxing. Since I don't do it, besides running dad's computer and mine if I want his to make something for me real quick. Though I don't consider that multi-boxing. I'm USING 1 box at a time, I run over and get it then this one idles. Back and forth etc. Having both 'boxes' DOING something is what I define multi-boxing.

Edit: For those wondering 99% of games allow you to easily run 2 accounts at once on same computer (transfering) this game doesn't 'easily' let you, but still possible.

Macros = It's okay if you have it pressing keys such as click to manufacture ammo, or for it press all your buffs at once etc small non-game breaking.

Bad Macros = Acts like a bot. Does trade runs for you, mines for you, kills mobs for you etc.

Multi-boxing is alright as long its not over 3 characters.

For those concerning. "Multi-boxing" most mmo's see it as using 1-2+ computers to run multiple accounts to gain advantages over other players in 'combat.' So mining with multiples, killing with multiples = bad if they disallow it in a MMO, but pretty much any MMO I know allows you to have 'multiple' accounts online to transfer + build items. As long as your not 'exploiting' over someone else. Since 1 Person = 1 player in combat, but if a multiboxing comes alot 1 person = 2 players. (Btw its not hard to form and just hit the assist then f button on other keyboards or download a program that where you hit one button on this keyboard goes to other one to)

But I'm against multi-boxing. Since I don't do it, besides running dad's computer and mine if I want his to make something for me real quick. Though I don't consider that multi-boxing. I'm USING 1 box at a time, I run over and get it then this one idles. Back and forth etc. Having both 'boxes' DOING something is what I define multi-boxing.

Edit: For those wondering 99% of games allow you to easily run 2 accounts at once on same computer (transfering) this game doesn't 'easily' let you, but still possible.

in wow you are allowed to have as many accounts online as you can afford. they absolutely endorse multi-boxing.