v'rix

BonerBaby

The V'rix currently don't exist in E&B Emu, since our storyline basically begins prior to E&B's own sunrise, if memory serves. Neither of the three races have any inkling that the V'rix exist, and the V'rix themselves have no interest in human-controlled space yet.

Whether or not they become part of the game is up to the devs. If they do, it won't be for a while after we go live, at any rate.
  • Upvote 1

I like having no Vrix so far - it helps the feeling of EnB.

When the EMU goes live one day, even then there should be no V'rix/bug.
Then we can all level a bit and someday some...."unnatural occurence" may come up introducing changes in the space we called our home...

Let us all enjoy the golden sunset of Mercury, the peaceful and warm space of Glen and the endless freedom within the Endragio system...go and visit Praetorium Mons and enjoy your trip - as long as it is still there....

I was sitting outside of Net7 yesterday an the news reporter made an announce about the mondara maelstrom doubling in size, however seeing how it's not in the game I wonder if they know something we don't I miss hunting in the maelstrom's, but hated getting dropped out of warp from v'rix checkpoints.

I also remember the Centurita and mainly Khan started aggroing the v'rix, that's why the v'rix desecrated the progen home world an renamed it 1C4615 (ACOYAU).

Side Note: [b]1337 4l13n5[/b] = [b]aii7 olainu[/b] Edited by Drifter

[quote name='Drifter' timestamp='1323357885' post='49354']Side Note: [b]1337 4l13n5[/b] = [b]aii7 olainu[/b][/quote]
Mhm. The correct translation of "Leet Aliens" into V'rix would be "L22T1L32NS". I'm so glad that the V'rix don't really speak 1337, and have their own alphabet/numeric replacement code.

As for the news reporter voiceovers regarding the maelstrom, that's just another 'artifact' from old Sunset that hasn't been patched out yet. Which brings up the thought: hey Devs, have you considered having the community, or members of the staff, record their own Net-7 news report voiceovers, and patching them in so that the Net-7 station & relays can broadcast them?

While I wouldn't prefer to see the whole V'rix story from live again there were aspects I would definitely like to see again - for example the groups in Mazzaroth Shear and the "Amah" V'rix in Roc. I could manage not to be disappointed if some aspects never returned for example: random scanning V'rix, content from Planet Primus and Akerons Gate, council in Glorys Orbit plus the Ardus raid and all the majority of the modified V'rix loot (Telescopium for TE/PW was cool though, so was the shield extender).

I got my kicks solo hunting the V'rix in Mazzaroth on my PW dodging that quantum death ray kept one alert.

If the V'rix in Roc returned I'd really appreciate it if there was another way to map all the components instead of having to loot the weapons and cores over and over and over and over and ripping them down. I went through mapping all the components in live and would not enjoy a repeat and would appreciate it if the chain of components became easier to map some how.

The V'rix are worth bringing back but with some restraint not the whole echo of live.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1323439666' post='49398']
The V'rix are worth bringing back but with some restraint not the whole echo of live.
[/quote]

I agree ;) I remember the shock to my heart when I found out the damn bugs destroyed and took over my beloved Primus!

The only reason I even care if vrix are ever put in are for the vrix modded devices and weapons (I miss my vmod telescopium LOL). They did have a master plan (and a video is on you tube of it) that I think would unite all the races against them, but I do like the freedom of them not being around to pop my char with their unified attack after getting engines hacked.

I could really care less about the bogeril other than the hellfire ballista, imo they really added no storyline at sunset other than quests and a raid. Other than the races starting to form a neutrality/alliance to fight the vrix they did not have much use at sunset.

Vrix were added to live a while after the game was already going. They were the first of ongoing content that was added to the game. The devs will need to get the missions, equipment, and mobs all working before they can implement them as they were in live so this is likley quite a ways off.

And yes everyone just wants a vrix modified telescopium (and the manufactured weapons and reactors).....but I would much prefer group scan to work first. :)

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1323334887' post='49340']
We don't talk about the V'rix. Just forget you ever heard of them.

They don't concern you; they mustn't. At least not for a while yet.
[/quote]

lol, These aren't the droids your looking for. they can move along. :)

• 4 weeks later...
It would have been interesting to see the V'rix obliterate Earth with that giant Eye of God (was that what it was called?) cannon they were building in Akeron's Gate. A shame we never got around to that.

• 10 months later...

Gods....where to start on the vrix.

I remember a group of progen holding primus until the servers restarted.  We had them held until then, sad times.

I remember decoding the fragments and discovering the locations which eventually lead you to aquitaine (had to get a device for it to work).

I remember killing countless buggs keeping them off of the Jenquai as us Progen had lost our home worlds (for all intents). 

I also remember raids against the Eye of God and downing its shields only to find the hull, even after debuffs, was invulnerable. 

The best of times and the worst of times.  I will enjoy them not being around for however long it lasts.

• 1 year later...