login invalid?

HI,

I have been playing without any problem since getting with Blacklung and getting this computer setup to run as admin, xp service pack 2, etc. etc.

Now, all of the sudden when I put in my login and PW it gives me the message. "sorry, your login appears to be invalid. Please try again using the default launcher" What exactly does this mean and how do I get past it?

This is on account login: wolfx

Actually checked and on all accounts.

Thanks!
WoLfX Edited by WoLfX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goto Net-7.org and try to log in there. If you can then your Password / Username for ingame should work also.
If you cannot log in at net7, use the "Forgot password" under login to reset your password and try and log in again.

Sounds like you downloaded a modified game launcher, or something there is triggering a safety default, we don't allow modified launchers to avoid any cheats/hacks being introduced into the system.

ok, I can login to net-7.org with no problems on my accounts. The launcher is directly loaded from the net-7.org downloads. So unless net-7 has invalid launchers available I have the correct one loaded. And until yesterday I was launching the game without any problems using that launcher. So has the launcher changed on the download site? If not, then I have the correct one.

And if I have to remove it and reload I need to know exactly which files to delete. It took me and Blacklung 5 hours literally to get the game to run on my new laptop to start with and I would really hate to remove a file and find I have to go through that all over again.

WoLfXx

Ok,

Blacklung logged into my account with my info and had np so it is not in the account. I uninstalled and reloaded just the launcher. Same problem. I contacted my internet provider. They changed my access from private to public...which in effect means they opened every port and cleared me to bypass all internet possible firewalls. No help. With Blacklung we made sure it is set to run as administrator, I installed the programs as administrator, I changed it to compatibility with Windows XP Service pack 2 in ALL applications. STILL, same error message. "Sorry it appears you login is not valid. Please try the default launcher:)" It even puts the smiley face at the end although I am not smiling back. I again uninstalled BOTH the game and the launcher and reloaded them again. STILL, the same message.

Now, next option?

WoLfX Edited by WoLfX

All I can say at this point is that I don't know. :)

I will look at the code and see if I can find a spot that it sends that message and figure out what might be causing it. I've delved very little into the launcher's code though so it might be a while.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1323475021' post='49492']
Could you get a screenshot or just once verify the exact text or is the above 100% exact? I don't even see the word "Sorry" in the Launcher's source code.
[/quote]

Well heck...after a week of fighting this. After reading this message from you Kyp I went to login again to write down the exact message and lo and behold it logged in. IF it happens again I will note the exact message and post it for you. Thank you for your efforts and "hopefully" the problem ddoesn't recur again. Now to go in and gett all my chars back loaded as they were. Will note for you anything new.

Thanks again!!!

WoLfX

• 4 weeks later...
I have this problem when I try and login at work and if I do manage to log in I have like a 95% chance to crash while gating or docking/undocking but at home it works great practically no problems. I have tried forcing an update checking and unchecking the packet optimization and prototype reorder doing a complete uninstall reinstall and there is no change.

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374243_10150474268797233_528372232_9391015_1805030143_n.jpg[/img]

you get this message when the client files aren't pointing in the right places.

This happens with people using the old launcher (which had a security loophole, the above message is the result of plugging that loophole), and also the launcher not being run in admin mode, or the client files somehow locked.

A good, fast solution would be to install the sunrise patch, which I linked in the top FAQ post in the tech support section.

Go tech support, then open the 'READ FIRST: FAQ' post right at the very top of the page. Scroll down the post until you see a section:

'[size=3][b]I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error'[/b][/size]

[size=3][size=4]The first link under this is the sunrise patch.[/size][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
well. it's baaaack. Was doing fine then all of the sudden....BOOM. The error is back and unable to get into the game again. Yes I did follow the istructions above for d/l the sunrise file into the net-7/bin and the certs wizard, etc, etc with no change at all. Any other suggestions?

<S>
WoLfX

Well, with no new suggestions and no response as to what the definate problem is, how to fix it, etc, etc I guess I am back to the beginning....AGAIN!!!

Today I will waste a ton more time wiping the whole game from my pc and reloading it. This is kinda sad imo since I have a gut feeling it is something simple that a semi savvy dev could help me fix without a complete game wipe. I am gonna wait an hour or 2 to see if I get a response with a fix. If no response then begins the long frustrating PITA wipe and reload. I will also be available on TS if someone is willing to try and work with me to cure this issue for myself and for others that encounter the same message once and for all.

All I can say at this point is wish me luck.

WoLfX

Have you tried a forced update? You can do this through the "Launcher" menu in LaunchNet7 by clicking "Reset Updates", then clicking "OK" on the resultant dialog box.

Yup, tried the forced update also. This morning got with Blacklung. We went through all we could think of then seems I didn't have all files. I even let BL use Teamviewer to help in search of an answer. Well, uninstalled EVERYTHING to do with the game and reinstalled everything. And guess what....NO change. Still get the same error. I would even be willing to let the devs try their hand at making changes in hopes of finding a resolution to this. But personally.....getting pretty worn out on trying over and over to hit new walls that prevent me from getting in. New suggestions maybe....no more of the old.....been there done that got the t-shirt.

WoLfX

Sorry, i don't have anything additional to offer you. If the same message as original perhaps Tienbau can point you to something else. Also, I would just point this out from my perspective as an IT support tech, just because you've tried it, doesn't mean we don't have to go through basic steps, and the unwillingness to do so most often inhibits a solution; however, you can make that decision yourself.

Understood Kyp....but frustration sure takes over after ya spend 6 hours sitting in front of the pc to arrive back where ya started. I don't have a clue why it gives this error and so far there is no cure for it that I have seen. Last time it random fixed itself for awhile just to appear from out of no where to haunt me again...for no reason. Nothing changed to get rid of it before and nothing changed that brought it back.

WoLfX

I think this is some code of Westwood's that's biting us right now. I had this problem when I was writing a new launcher a while back and could never figure out where it came from. The text in that error doesn't appear anywhere in our code as far as I could tell.

Could be. I keep playing with stuff trying to find that right "combination" that will unlock the door to return to game but still no luck. I am about to go online and find an excorcist to try and remove all ghosts and gremlins that could be causing it.

WoLfX

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1327794995' post='52624']
CDel, see TBs post earlier int he thread. He said he put that in the server source/net7 proxy source somewhere to stop an exploit connection.
[/quote]
Whoops, missed that.

Well, I have worked with the provider trying to gain access and they can find nothing in the connection stopping me from getting in. Although they were able to read the failure on their end and after several changes to try and get by it....to no avail ....they came to the conclusion that there is nothing in the internet providers system that can fix the problem which brings me back to the settings of the game or something being read by the server causing the block.

what still baffles me....is originally this problem just materialized and haunted me. Worked with Blacklung and started this thread at that time. After frustrating hours of wipes, reloads, changed settings etc. I had given up but tried periodically to login anyway. Lo and behold, it suddenly stopped giving the error and I was back in game. Then again this time...just as suddenly..with nothing changed in my system or internet at the time...BANG....the error is back and so far will not go away again.

This mention of "exploit connection". What does this mean? That it thinks I am trying to use an exploit? If so it is by no means intentional and I have no clue at all "what" exploit it is reading. I am hiding nothing of my attempts and I have even allowed Blacklung to use Teamviewer to run through my setups to no avail.

ANY ideas next to fix this?

<S>
WoLfX