Net7 Entertainment Site Tech Support

[b]Net 7 Entertainment Site (www.net-7.org) Online[/b]

Net7 Site Status: Online.

Author(s): The Webdev Team.

Loads of new features have been added as below:

[list][*]New Look and Feel to the site.[*]Site Security Overhaul.[*]Optimised all database searches which in turn will reduce the query times.[*]Added a feature to the database search, so you can look for a builder who has what you are looking for.[*]Added simple messaging system so you can communicate with your friends / builders.[*]Added a quick look at your Avatars stats. Current skills / Levels.[*]Added Guilds list.[*]Added Guild information. Your guild tab now displays members and logins.[*]Added the ability to view your in game recipes with an "In game" tracker, so you will always know where to find an item in your recipe list.[/list]
We have added the ability for you to select if you want your recipe lists available to the public or not, and this will be set to "OFF" by default.
The messaging system is also set to "OFF".
If you want to activate these features, please visit the "Account" menu and set them On or OFF there.

Please bare in mind that although we have tested all the features of the new site to the best of our ability there is a chance that you will find a bug or a typo.
So we ask if you could please post in the "Tech Support" forums under the "NET7 Website" Post and and all problems that you experience.
With all that said, I would like to thank the WebDev Team for the time and effort it has taken to put the new site together.

Enjoy

Works even worse on Chrome. Every table cell has a 1 pixel border on it. Sorry no screenies of it here.

When I tried it on IE, the text is all huge, and the site seems to be designed to work well only on wide screen monitors.

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1322783182' post='49080']
new site doesn't work on fox
[/quote]
Press f5 to refresh.

F5 is your best friend

Works fine on chrome, ie and ffox.
Browser is caching from old site.

Looking good Shaddex. My compliments to the Webdev team!

Now that you have access to the player characters, any chance you could use that data to 'prime' the planner? Perhaps a button on the character tab that takes you to the planner for your characters race/profession and sets all the skill levels to your current values?

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1322784045' post='49082']
Press f5 to refresh.

F5 is your best friend

Works fine on chrome, ie and ffox.
Browser is caching from old site.
[/quote]

Doesn't work here on FF, version 3.6.24. I've deleted the cache, refreshed, both multiple times. I can see the page flash and then I get a white screen, the status bar says "Read:www.google.com" and the tab has the circling dots so I know it's not dead. So thinking worst case I ran tdsskiller, full scans of malwarebytes, superantispyware and avast, and get the same result. It does load in IE8, but that's not my brower of choice and I'm in no hurry to go to the lastest FF. Any ideas?

greets,
im not sure what is happening. i went to net-7.org and it looks great, but it says my account is not activated.i used my old standard login info and logged right in, but cannot find the bd at all.
could someone please kick me in the right direction.i clicked the resend acct.e-mail not have not recieved it.
Thank You

blattu

update:: i figured out what the problem was. i was trying to use login info from st3. when i tried useing st4 info i went right in and found the new db.(whata Chia head)

Yea the snoweffect on the portal is a bit of a resourcehog on firefox..
50% cpu usage constantly.

Can't you limit it to only the top portion of the page?

Bacchus

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1323012858' post='49179']
Bah humbug !
[/quote]

Firefox goes 100% CPU when the snow script is active and makes the browser become less responsive.

I don't mind non-moving Christmas glitz but sorry the snow effect is too much.

Please take the problem seriously.

[quote name='Bacchus' timestamp='1323017323' post='49184']
Yea the snoweffect on the portal is a bit of a resourcehog on firefox..
50% cpu usage constantly.

Can't you limit it to only the top portion of the page?

Bacchus
[/quote]

Dual core?

I have a feeling that the script will use 100% (or 50% on a dual-core) because the script is perpetually active when the tab is on display because it is continually calculating the position of each snow flake particle. Reducing the area may help.

Why not just draw some static non-moving snow flakes on the header gives the same effect.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1323017399' post='49185']
Firefox goes 100% CPU when the snow script is active and makes the browser become less responsive.

I don't mind non-moving Christmas glitz but sorry the snow effect is too much.

Please take the problem seriously.
[/quote]
Quoting in agreement.

Ever since the snowflake effect was added, login and database queries that used to be instant or near-instant now take up to 5 minutes. I'm all for holiday cheer, but not when it inhibits effective usage of the site. It's meant to be a resource first and foremost, after all.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1323018313' post='49187']
Does the private messaging option do anything yet?
[/quote]

Messaging system works 100% .
You need to turn it ON in the accounts settings

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1323021714' post='49194']
Ive updated it so you have the option if On or Off in the footer.

:)
[/quote]

Awesome thanks.

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1323021865' post='49195']
Messaging system works 100% .
You need to turn it ON in the accounts settings
[/quote]

Is that messaging on the forums?

Guildies telling me it's not anything to do with tells in-game.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1323022728' post='49196']
Awesome thanks.

Is that messaging on the forums?

Guildies telling me it's not anything to do with tells in-game.
[/quote]

Net7 Messages are Web based and are nothing to do with "In game".

You can however check you messages and send them from the Intergalactic terminals found in all stations.

[quote name='Noxmire' timestamp='1323018893' post='49190']
Quoting in agreement.

Ever since the snowflake effect was added, login and database queries that used to be instant or near-instant now take up to 5 minutes. I'm all for holiday cheer, but not when it inhibits effective usage of the site. It's meant to be a resource first and foremost, after all.
[/quote]

Just checked and the Snow does not effect search results. I would suggest that is something else :)