eye ball poppers and pumpkin chunkers

[quote name='Sneakypw' timestamp='1322701365' post='49042']
why have these items been turned off ? In live they just quit dropping but still worked.
[/quote]

please keep them off. They are so annoying when someone sits and keeps shooting you.
Unless you can turn them off if that person is on your ignore list.

[quote name='Alessan' timestamp='1322701715' post='49043']
please keep them off. They are so annoying when someone sits and keeps shooting you.
Unless you can turn them off if that person is on your ignore list.
[/quote]

This option would be acceptable, but turning them off is not. Some of us worked hard to get em, and turning them off would be the same as turning off an item that a raid drops simply because someone else doesn't like it.

[quote name='Riz' timestamp='1322704112' post='49046']
This option would be acceptable, but turning them off is not. Some of us worked hard to get em, and turning them off would be the same as turning off an item that a raid drops simply because someone else doesn't like it.
[/quote]

/signed

The mission to get them takes at least 2 hours, longer for many others and it did work in [b][i]Live[/i][/b] all year round, since I now remember them being asked for and sold in the Market channel. Making them non-trade now in the EMU is understandable as they are a mission reward and only those doing the mission have earned them.

Please turn them back on :D

[quote name='Hatu' timestamp='1322716316' post='49051']
Christmas event ftw
[/quote]

Wonder what Ol Nick has in mind for that. As to the Chuckers/Poppers, mine are in my vault, but I think that they should work.

[quote name='Hatu' timestamp='1322716316' post='49051']
Christmas event ftw
[/quote]

Perhaps a "Most Freezing Snowball Launcher Mk I

A special crystal that is filled with cold snow, no need for refill. Splat. Brrrr. More Funner! Now!" :D

[quote name='TooTall' timestamp='1322709554' post='49049']
/signed

The mission to get them takes at least 2 hours, longer for many others and it did work in [b][i]Live[/i][/b] all year round, since I now remember them being asked for and sold in the Market channel. Making them non-trade now in the EMU is understandable as they are a mission reward and only those doing the mission have earned them.

Please turn them back on ;)
[/quote]
I agree 100% with sneakys and Tootalls comments, it's just daft to have guns that fire certain times of the year.
As the weapons whole purpose was [b]FUN[/b] why even consider switching them off anyway?
Please let me shoot my fun toys again at my grouchy guild mate, as I sooooo miss his comments to me when I do hee hee hee :D

I haven't been able to find time to play since gaining the devices on both my characters over the halloween period. Will be logging in tonight though!
No one has clearly stated the circumstances in which they were being splatted with eye balls/pumpkins.
I'd be interested to know if these are being used on those parked up outside stations, at a gate or weft (this is the only time and place I would use them) or if people are abusing/distracting other players who are trying to mine/combat/raid.
If this is the case would it be possible to adjust these to only be usable within a limited radius of Stations, Gates, Wefts etc to avoid player harassment?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh... Can we stop with all the suggested rules? Turn on the toys or delete them from the db. Either way it would be better than wasting the Dev's time writing area rules to protect those that can't stand a pumpkin or eyeball hit.

• 2 weeks later...
We're all looking forward to it, last year the christmas mission rewarded 3 skill points among other things. Was a great mission, wonder what Old Nick and the Elfman Triplets have in mind this year.

[quote name='Darius Ravenloft' timestamp='1323907198' post='49808']
Wonder if they'll still work next halloween. :(
[/quote]
My snowball launcher still works form last Christmas. :P

(and should still work as long as the Devs chose to keep the code turned on)

Thanks Guys for letting us have fun all year long !! :P

Yeah, I think the holiday items should work all the time. They don't hurt anything, they're just fun. :(

I have to agree with Mimir about the rules though, that's all too complicated and not worth the coding time. My vote is for all-punkin-chunkin, all the time.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1323922173' post='49829']
no shooting old nick this year to see what he drops eh? I think last year he lasted about 10 minutes before he was taken out and we had to supersize his shields and snowball launcher.

I think he should just drop a lump of coal anyway!
[/quote]

Good idea, I remember that.

Someone, last year after the Nick shooting, said on General. "Christmas is RUINED", got a good laugh out of that.

just FYI the default startup status of chunkers/snowballs etc is on, so unless they are manually turned off, they'll be continually usable.

Maybe we could have a 'bah humbug scrooge' quest for an item that turns them off within a certain radius.

Mr Fleer could give it, providing he's not still too freaked out about that crazy robot over there.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1323922173' post='49829']
no shooting old nick this year to see what he drops eh? I think last year he lasted about 10 minutes before he was taken out and we had to supersize his shields and snowball launcher.

I think he should just drop a lump of coal anyway!
[/quote]
We could do a coal launcher. :P I had fun doing the snowball launcher effects last year, I wouldn't mind rigging up some kind of black rock-like projectile; I'm sure there's something in the client that could be used. Also, it would have to hit the ship with the satisfying clunk of rock hitting metal. That would teach people to messeth not with Santa Claus.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1323926455' post='49836']
We could do a coal launcher. :D I had fun doing the snowball launcher effects last year, I wouldn't mind rigging up some kind of black rock-like projectile; I'm sure there's something in the client that could be used. Also, it would have to hit the ship with the satisfying clunk of rock hitting metal. That would teach people to messeth not with Santa Claus.
[/quote]

:P

love it! Yeah you might be able to do it all with existing assets and a bit of .ini file tweaking. You could use the 3d ore asset from asteroids. I think you might be able to colour it black from the ini files too, if not that's easy to do from the object effect code.

And ... how about an equippable 'coal launcher' for Santa's 'special elite enforcers' where coal is delivered to people/creatures who _have_ been naughty.

And ... a special spanking emote for use on stations on NPC's who've been naughty too ... I think dewinter deserves that as she's been a very bad girl and must be punished.