showing "hidden" factions

Stoop

I know the DEVs have added new factions that were not in Live (Terran Alliance and Progen Combine for example) and the faction page of character info only shows so many, is there a way to put in a / command so players can check their standing with the factions not shown, ie: Mordana or Glenn Commission? Maybe put the info in the computer message window. Granted, Glenn Commission isn't a big player but [i]if[/i] faction has anything to do with chances to analyze or plays a part in achieving better build percentages it'd be good info to have. In the case of Mordana, my JE's yellow with them but if I took my brand new TS to the Mordana Tabernacle would the TS be instakilled? I don't know, that faction's not shown.

This is not a complaint, merely a question and/or suggestion if the / command is possible.
  • Upvote 1

I've kind of wondered that as well, especially since if station ownership is the same as Live, Glenn Commission owns F7, which is a favorite locale for builders of all races. Would also be nice if there were some NPCs or jobs for GC and GETCo that could work on faction with them. Are the devs limited in how many factions they can have shown? N7 also had faction in live, as did the Freespacers. (there was a lowbie JE mission that gave freespacer faction, but I'm unaware of anything else from live that gave faction with them.)

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic regarding Glenn Commission: Chernavog station in Aragoth Prime was owned by the Glenn Commission, not Infinity Corp, and had the same interior as F7, saving the bar area actually had the "Upstairs" area.

Just an observation. Thanks for reading...

-Overt.

[quote name='Overtkill' timestamp='1323652629' post='49604']
On the topic regarding Glenn Commission: Chernavog station in Aragoth Prime was owned by the Glenn Commission, not Infinity Corp, and had the same interior as F7, saving the bar area actually had the "Upstairs" area.

Just an observation. Thanks for reading...

-Overt.
[/quote]

Good point, would also be nice if the Devs would occasionally stick a "shady" NPC in some of those types of areas offering a mission with desirable rewards. Unannounced of course. Makes players think to occasionally check those upper floors, and disco rooms. N7 also has a second floor in the bar, or at least should.

• 2 weeks later...
back to the subject of seeing the other factions... and I suppose a shameless *bump* for this post. If the hidden factions can't be shown in game can they be listed in a faction tab on the character information sheet on Net-7.org? That shouldn't be too hard right?

Just trying to understand the purpose of your request? Sure it can be implemented and probably the easiest way would be to put it in the portal next to each player's avatar. Maybe Shaddex is, or will be, reading this and can answer that better than myself.

Cheers,
J

purpose of the request? Well, like I stated in opening post, knowing where a toon stands in relation to possible enemies would help while touring, if faction IS a factor in build and analyze percentages people would be interested to know what stations to go to and what stations to avoid when building or analyzing, personally I like to know how close a "yellow" faction is to turning "red" and start firing at me
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
QFE.

But Shaddex already added factions to the portal and glenn or mordana is still not showing up (hidden)?

A slash command resulting in a chat window listing would be a solution:
/showFaction

or
/standings

Huh, for some reason I thought the faction window had a slider. At any rate, yes it would be cake to add such a command, all it would be is simply selecting your character's faction data as recorded and reguritating it into the system window.

As for whether we do it, I will bring it up but I won't make any promises right now because honestly, low priority and all that.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1328456805' post='53112']
Huh, for some reason I thought the faction window had a slider. At any rate, yes it would be cake to add such a command, all it would be is simply selecting your character's faction data as recorded and reguritating it into the system window.

As for whether we do it, I will bring it up but I won't make any promises right now because honestly, low priority and all that.
[/quote]

Yes it does, though some factions may not be listed among the ones shown in game. It does make me (and maybe others) wonder if there is a limit to how many factions you can put on the list, and does adding factions like Progen Combine & Terran Alliance mean factions like GETCo or Glenn Commission can't be listed?

If you can't list all of them, then listing Glenn Commission (if they still own places like F7) instead of Progen Combine or Terran Alliance, would make more sense. Faction should have some affect building, and F7 is a builders favorite. (Probably location, location, location, like real estate) Terran Alliance & Progen combine could then be dealt with using slash commands, if it's not possible to list them all. It would also be nice if GETCo played a larger role in the EMU with the additon of the Terran Explorer and to a lesser extent the Jenquai Trader.

• 7 months later...
Heya Dufke,

Net-7 Faction is neutral (0) to everyone as its no PDA-faction. Note that station faction for[b] building[/b] is not in yet (yet...) - analyzing and dismantling is.

So if you want to make sure, to have the best results always (and in future), chose a station you are aligned with or has a faction you can work on.

Most builders prefer Friendship-7 in Glenn, since it has vendors with most needed parts and the station faction is "Glenn commission".
You can work up GC faction by eg. taking jobs from the terminals where GC is the sponsor (sponsor is shown in the job list).

You can also go to the station in your homeworld as the "home-faction" is normally maxed out at higher level (OL 150 = capped at 9999 if you didnt harm your own faction previously).

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1347461532' post='63258']
LIIIIESSS! :lol:

[attachment=1857:factionchart.gif]
[/quote]

Freespacers were also factioned in live but aren't on that chart. You could raise N7 faction by doing jobs there, as well as doing the reporter missions. Aragoth Station in Live also offered N7 jobs, but they offered jobs from everyone, while most other stations only offered jobs from one faction. N7 faction was on the PDA, and so was GC.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1347437181' post='63235']
You can also go to the station in your homeworld as the "home-faction" is normally maxed out at higher level (OL 150 = capped at 9999 if you didnt harm your own faction previously).
[/quote]

My 150+ JE only received 4500 calculated sha"ha"dem faction and my 150++ TT received 5000 calculated infiniticorp faction after the faction wipe was fixed Edited by dufke

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1347479069' post='63287']
Freespacers were also factioned in live but aren't on that chart. You could raise N7 faction by doing jobs there, as well as doing the reporter missions. Aragoth Station in Live also offered N7 jobs, but they offered jobs from everyone, while most other stations only offered jobs from one faction. N7 faction was on the PDA, and so was GC.
[/quote]

Tnx ! :thumbsup:

In response to a (deleted) reply, since i think it is important to say it once:
My reply to Terell has nothing to do with "believe" or not, im too old already to "believe" :lol: - it was about the information of jobs etc.

I appreciate any info no matter who is posting them - i'm sorry if my previous reply was creating a false/misleading impression.