time for wipe or not

time for wipe or not  

68 members have voted

1. 1. with all the NOT i n game stuff should we have a wipe

the reasoning i ask is that for almost 2 yrs we have had alot happen such as hulk feast which brang in stuff that would not have benn in game before hand this pol will show how we all feel start over or not its up to the playes i would think to decide ok thank you all from me loony zyz palet dip riger nutbar crazy peew wassle and all my mules :0 oh and dont hate me ok my guild is SOCKUAL BUNNIES i to fear starting over bac its kinda fun so please be nice about it ok thank you
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

I think the game is gradually catching up with all the stuff that dropped from the various fests. Covet not your neighbor for playing the game when you weren't around for eventually you'll get all the goodies too. Especially devices are for example are much more available now compared with 12-18 months ago, ditto weapons and cores.

ST4 has so far been pretty productive for Net 7 in that they've got a lot of stuff done and will carry on doing so. A wipe may actually be counterproductive right now and break the momentum regarding testing and getting things fixed. And inevitably there would have to be another wipe afterwards which would also break momentum again.

I'd like to believe the next wipe will be the BIG ONE prior to the game actually becoming properly persistent.
  • Upvote 2

Just because a lot of stuff droped that shouldn't of doesn't mean we need to wipe. if these things weren't availibale to you because of cost I may agree with you. BUT since you can get just about anything just for asking I see no injustice.

Let it be until it is time for the BIG ONE~!

I have been playing the EMU non-stop since the start of ST1 and have endured all of the previous player wipes. Each one has resulted in players becoming frustrated at having to start the grind again and instead decide to stop playing and wait till the final release. This isn't the best way to encourage further testing of changes.

I have seen many vets disappear and new players take their place. So there should always be someone to test changes.

And with the upsurge in dual and tri-boxing there are new toons to do the testing while allowing players to keep main toons which they have worked on for so long.

I agree with those who say no, for the same reasons they stated. Now I could see it if the Devs deem it necessary and have no other options, but otherwise I don't think we should have a wipe, until the game is ready to go live.

We will not wipe unless it is absolutely needed, or if anything hinders progression we can/will act accordingly.

we could certainly wipe money without wiping p-data. If we wanted a strict economy wipe we could simply erase credits and recipe lists. There's lots of things we could do, but right now that's a lower priority because the things we're working on are preventing us from moving forward right now.

[quote name='sockual' timestamp='1322416314' post='48940']
the game will never go live ppl this you must understand we will always be in testing
[/quote]

:) and playing while we are testing...so enjoy~! It has been a long time coming, the DEVs and crew have done an out standing job. :D :D :D ;)

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1322428807' post='48951']
One thing definitely needed is DONATIONS. Check the donation page only 56% of goal and month is almost over.
[/quote]

QFT.

Also, i've said several times I believe, unless you see a post from someone in the LDEV group confirming a wipe it won't be happening. There will [b]HAVE TO BE[/b] a technical reason for doing so. Because frankly to focus test you we can back up existing users, flush the accounts and make you play new characters for a few days if we [b]NEEDED[/b] to test low account/character content.

At the transition to live (and yes it will happen...) there will be a final wipe so that everyone will start on an even keel.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1322431521' post='48957']
QFT.

Also, i've said several times I believe, unless you see a post from someone in the LDEV group confirming a wipe it won't be happening. There will [b]HAVE TO BE[/b] a technical reason for doing so. Because frankly to focus test you we can back up existing users, flush the accounts and make you play new characters for a few days if we [b]NEEDED[/b] to test low account/character content.

At the transition to live (and yes it will happen...) there will be a final wipe so that everyone will start on an even keel.
[/quote]

Can we now let everyone read this and not post 14,000 more WIPE!!111!! threads before this actually happens.

[quote name='Hatu' timestamp='1322465528' post='48964']
Can we now let everyone read this and not post 14,000 more WIPE!!111!! threads before this actually happens.
[/quote]

well i find the poll anyway interesting so far i thought it would be closer to 50/50 for a wipe but i guess the NO's have it...(i myself voted for a wipe but then again ...i'd like to see all scattered to newbie status (insert evil laugh here....burhaouahahhah ..cough)

but again interesting to see the final % on this little vote

Searing (swirls cape and exits stage left)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1322431521' post='48957']
[/quote]

Quite understandable. I would only hope that there is a bit of a heads up, perhaps a month, before that wipe. An unplanned wipe can be a bit jarring <_< Edited by TooTall

[quote name='sockual' timestamp='1322393574' post='48929']
the reasoning i ask is that for almost 2 yrs we have had alot happen such as hulk feast which brang in stuff that would not have benn in game before hand this pol will show how we all feel start over or not its up to the playes i would think to decide ok thank you all from me loony zyz palet dip riger nutbar crazy peew wassle and all my mules :0 oh and dont hate me ok my guild is SOCKUAL BUNNIES i to fear starting over bac its kinda fun so please be nice about it ok thank you
[/quote]

punctuation is your FRIEND! Hang out with him sometime! <_<

Hey! How about some punctuation, reading your post made queezy, or trying to read it anyway.. wipes not necessary, just happy to play and level/enjoy the game for what it is right now. Items are nice, but that seems to be the focal point of why a lot of people play. Do certain players in game have uber items they got that no one else can get now? Sure. Do I care? Nope. No wipe please hehe.
  • Upvote 1

I see no problem with one, heck on star wars knights of the old republic alpha to beta they wiped so many times it's not even funny. Once they launched from there tested phase to alpha alot of those players were moved into a special group on the forums commemorating there participation in that testing period.

On most beta game periods people are rewarded with a special item displaying a text like "[b]A Special Item That Only Beta Testers Get[/b] is a rare item given to testers before the final reset, on Month Day, Year." once the beta is launched into live, usually for this to happen players that participated in the beta are given a special code they can use to activate when they sign up the new account, however the code is usually only valid for 24 hours. Edited by Drifter

[quote name='sockual' timestamp='1322416314' post='48940']
the game will never go live ppl this you must understand we will always be in testing
[/quote]
Well, I can say one thing. THIS post earned an honest-to-God laugh outta me.

Man, ever since this project was five or six guys who needed slash commands just to move from sector to sector, or even back when it was just ships floating around in space with no weapons, no equipment, no mobs, and no skills, let alone anything to use them on, I've been hearing phrases like this.

"They'll never get movement right."
"They'll never get warp working."
"They'll never have functioning skills."
"Equipment will never exist."
"Navs will never be a part of the game."
"Stations aren't happening."

On and on and [b]ON[/b].

[i]They've been wrong every single time.[/i] So, thanks sockual, you've just ensured that we ARE going Live sooner or later.

Anyway, on the subject of wipes, there will be at least one when we go to live, and one if there's ever a massive database update/screwup that necessitates one. If it happens, it happens - wipes are part of almost any MMORPG, and all you can really do is roll with them. Nobody's paying real money for in-game items, so everything you have, you earn. If you've earned it once, you can earn it again, so why stress?

[quote name='cajundude' timestamp='1323218114' post='49285']
Amen Nox. Wipe, no wipe who cares we got the game back!!!!!! / warp 8000
[/quote]

Dude, it has been a while! :P there are TS in the game that do 9600 warp, with the right setup!

Welcome Back ;)

I vote no because, like some have said it's counter productive, If most of the devs are focused on high lvl content (which they are right now!) Then whats the point of working on high lvl content, if you have forced everyone back to lvl 1. Then suddenly in some strange conflict uprise which i think happen before is some of the devs start arguing about what they were working on before then having to switch to another project when they felt it wasn't necessary be it counter productive or not, so that causing more problems within the dev team area and I've seen my share of ppl's arguments with play wipes sense ST2 on up. We lost some devs cause of inaccurate timing of play wipes i think. >< not cool if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be we were are today in terms of development of the enb game.

The game well make it to live just have faith. I remember when warping didn't work lol and a lot of stuff was broken (especially gating to other system or just idling in 1 system) now most content is fixed! I'm truly amazed and I appreciate what's absolutely working right now compared to before. :)