Hulks

I really loved to mine in live but I haven't had a chance to do a whole lot of mining yet I was just wondering how are the drops of hulks in this version of the game? I remember it took EA a looooong time to get hulk drops at least somewhat balanced going from totally worthless to way to good and back several times. I don't really think they ever found the perfect balance but I could usually go out and spend 3 or 4 hours mining and bring back one or two decent hulk drops and if I was lucky something quite good. How are the hulks now a days? any AA gear dropping off them?

I have pulled alot of Debris out of Hulks. The Hulks in Io have L1 Bucklers and L2 Kazas which are nice to bankroll that infant JE.

I've heard of a Hulk containing a reactor. Builders have said that some devices are only available in Hulks.

Overall I'd say the loot is rather poor; I still clear Hulks around me to encourage respawn. AND if stats are kept about how many of each mine-able type is mined - I want to show that Hulks are *of interest* to Explorers.

there are device hulk drops in very few places and they are interspersed with the crap debris filled ones, i've found actual things in hulks in only 3 sectors, Io, Endriago, and Lagarto, in all the times i've leveled up exploreers since ST 3 began i havn't found any other locations.

The only hulks that something will come out of are hulks that the content DEV in that zone physically added those items. This is no longer being done.

Hulks couldn't be looted unless you had the prospect level for mining that level of hulk.

Awesome,thanks for the update Tienbau. I did have another question regarding mining, are the mob asteroids not in game yet? You know the ones you would go to mine and out would pop a big mean mob instead of some nice resource. Not that I miss them but I haven't run across any and was wondering if they are in yet. If you do add them in for the love of god make sure level 50's don't pop out of level 3 asteroids like in beta and the early stages of live, I forget how many times I died to those SOB's lol.

Please can hulks be made a priority in ST4. I've searched all over and agree that there are only 3 sectors with hulk drops, and all progen devices. This is a significant part of the explorer gameplay - being able to ninja into a hulk to steal a L7 device without the L43 bio blatting you. We dont just mine. We need more carrots, and not just L4 and L6 progen devices.

Please could devs let us know whether skulking around more dangerous areas is worthwhile. The best places were always the dodgiest, and it was always worth hopping belt to belt to see if anything had spawned (Cloaked JEs FTW).

Also suggest bringing back the pop-roids... Nothing like a scare for a thin shielded explorer.

• 1 month later...

Pop roids where easily found, after you mined for a while, due to their different color for their level. I.E. in live level 9 ores were blue, and any level 9 roid that was not blue you knew was a pop roid. You either avoided them or popped them to just pop them.

Personally I don't care if they put them back in or not. Once you figured out how to find them, they were not a problem.

Lol guys u just gotta know where to look for hulks with good items.

I found a spot that has good stuff in em.

They are out there.

I have looted a Tac 8 from (actually more then once. :) )

And it's not just Progen stuff in there :)

All i can say is go out and "Explore" lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol guys u just gotta know where to look for hulks with good items.

I found a spot that has good stuff in em.

They are out there.

I have looted a Tac 8 from (actually more then once. :) )

And it's not just Progen stuff in there :)

All i can say is go out and "Explore" lol.

Yes you can get tac8s in moto from hulks

but who really cares, the tac8 is pretty much obsolete these days

wtt: tac8 pst w/ your offer ... *doh*

thanks aly lol

I'm pretty sure most people already knew

plus seriously thanks to the nos and the blackbeard weapons, it's absolutely trivial now :)

I'm pretty sure most people already knew

plus seriously thanks to the nos and the blackbeard weapons, it's absolutely trivial now :)

Yeah yeah, i know i know *looks at caster and nos* yup everything but the manuverbility *looks at lvl 8 bastion*

ok its a pointless device.... but its an awesome device... if you dont have access to bbw gear, nos, and fb stuff :)

its better than a lvl 8 cats paw :)

The only hulks that something will come out of are hulks that the content DEV in that zone physically added those items. This is no longer being done...

...you know, you could make a new CDev to specifically do that - finish & bugfix mobs, roids, loot (all the spawns)... :) It's been needing attention for over a year or more.