Crash to Desktop

I realized it would be better to start a new thread rather than hi-jack another.

My issue is I downloaded yesterday on a pc running Windows 7. I followed the installation instructions, as well as these found in other threads:

[i]Are the following files set so that 'Run this program as administrator' and 'Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3' are both checked?

Client.exe file (Earth and Beyond\release\client.exe)
LaunchNet7.exe (NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe)

Have you run the game's config (Earth and Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe) and set it to a playable resolution (I would try 1024X768 first) and then run the Performance Test? Do the game assets appear (stars, ships, trees, etc) when running the performance test?

The game can only be run with windows Administrator level account (if you are using a power user account you will need to have your computer's administrator change your rights) as the exe will make changes to game files while the game is running. You may want to clear out these files (Earth and Beyond\Data\client\output). If any or these files become corrupt it will cause crashing and other problems in the game).
[/i]

I was having a patching issue yesterday, but today that seems to be cleared up. Everything patches up, cleared out the output folder, booted game, created a terran tradesman, and when it went to load up the game, crash to desktop. I tried again, this time it just takes me to the login screen, I enter my information, see the orange hand, crash. Another attempt found the same thing.

I have a laptop as well running Vista and I downloaded the client, went through and verified the steps above, everything patched through, started the program, entered my account information and exact same thing happened, crash to desktop after the orange hand.

Is there an issue with character creation or something currently? I looked through a lot of the CTD threads and seemed there were a few of these.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Have you gone through each item in C Del's post?
https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

Also are you running a firewall and/or router?

Crichton sent you a PM, but have the same issues here as Adoven. Followed everything, I do have a firewall but both the Net7 launcher and EnB client are set up, and I am running through a router, so perhaps something there.

thanks

I had the same issue,

after I slotted in the 'sunrise patch' linked in CDel's post, and also re-set the client to XP SP 2 compatibility and 'run as administrator' it started working again.

Also try launching with the 'debug' tab checked. It *shouldn't* make any difference but sometimes can be enough to jumpstart the client into working again, after which you won't need it.

Check everything is running as administrator, and if it already is, switch that option off, click apply, then switch it back on.

I know this is a bit 'voodoo' but it got me working again.

I had the same problem after getting the latest updates last night.

The "Run as Administrator" becomes unchecked when a new client.exe is updated. I had to re-check it. But that alone didn't fix it. I had to re-install the [url="http://patch.net-7.org/Net7/sunrise_patch.zip"]sunrise patch[/url]. The combination did the trick for me.

Yup i have had the same problem.

and did all the things that were mentioned twice, and even on multiple systems/os..

but in the end couldn't log in to my account so i started a new one, witch was ok cause the other one was new aswell, seeing as my original prolly got wiped.

but ye, new account = more playing.. HF! :)

[quote name='BonerBaby' timestamp='1321865585' post='48767']
Yup i have had the same problem.

and did all the things that were mentioned twice, and even on multiple systems/os..

but in the end couldn't log in to my account so i started a new one, witch was ok cause the other one was new aswell, seeing as my original prolly got wiped.

but ye, new account = more playing.. HF! :)
[/quote]
2 things i have noticed with some of these issues are failure to keep windows updates updated,
graphics card driver out of date. multiple hard drives and files getting scattered around

no files should end up on your desktop

[quote name='BonerBaby' timestamp='1321865873' post='48768']
Also, could someone perhaps deleted my other account and or accounts..

so i can use my ingame names again ?
[/quote]
forum name bonerbaby account has 3 ol lvl 0 avatars on it, are these what you want deleted?

[quote name='BonerBaby' timestamp='1321904207' post='48783']
if thats with characters adima and sutch yes,

and this happend to my mate aswell, after we both created a JE
maybe that is relevant
[/quote]
Checking in, after i created the JE it crashed after creation. My other char is fine however. Could you also delete the JE from my account?