521 Terran Explorer
580 Progen Explorer
582 Progen Trader
837 Jenquai Warrior
990 Progen Warrior
1027 Terran Warrior
1371 Jenquai Explorer
1941 Terran Trader

They are Avatar logons (Not creations) since 1st September 2011.

IMO, most of the JSeeker log ins is from the Die hard Jenquai players, like myself.

Some are probably Seeker curious that just joined us or maxed the rest of their toons and

have eventually used the Seekers as one of their vault alts.   

I believe the JSeeker is an under-utilized Class, For the tactic of this healer it would go

like "Heal-Cloak"----->Warrior Aggro activation (Energy Leech, Combat Trance, Enrage etc etc..) Rinse and repete.

There has been two ways to add the desire to play the new classes, they are to give them another unique skill set and/or item that complements their current skill or survivability Improved (Improved Cloak+Reduced Signature.)

The Quasar device and the Hermes engine were a good start for the Seeker.

I know as well as any it will take Time or as more commonly stated "Soon(TM)"

After looking at the stats for the past winter months Players on line usually go up, my guess so has the DEV

involvement and it may or should go up this winter.

So don't be surprised to see some new content and items in game "Soon(TM)".

IMO, most of the JSeeker log ins is from the Die hard Jenquai players, like myself.

Some are probably Seeker curious that just joined us or maxed the rest of their toons and

have eventually used the Seekers as one of their vault alts.   

I believe the JSeeker is an under-utilized Class, For the tactic of this healer it would go

like "Heal-Cloak"----->Warrior Aggro activation (Energy Leech, Combat Trance, Enrage etc etc..) Rinse and repete.

There has been two ways to add the desire to play the new classes, they are to give them another unique skill set and/or item that complements their current skill or survivability Improved (Improved Cloak+Reduced Signature.)

The Quasar device and the Hermes engine were a good start for the Seeker.

I know as well as any it will take Time or as more commonly stated "Soon(TM)"

After looking at the stats for the past winter months Players on line usually go up, my guess so has the DEV

involvement and it may or should go up this winter.

So don't be surprised to see some new content and items in game "Soon(TM)".

I pretty much agree with this.  Generally if there's a class that's underused, or unpopular, there's usually a reason for that.  Said reason is often based in some form of: "What benefit does this specific class bring, that I cannot get elsewhere?"

Hmm this is excellent I love all the information here.

Perhaps I can address this in the specializations I am doing for the classes.

I may not be able to change the class and add more skills per say, but I could achieve results with specific unique items.

Seems like the Jenquai Trader, Terran Explorer, and Progen Sent need some love and alot more to contribute.

I'll pay close attention to those classes as I finish this up.

I wanted to give an update and get some feedback on what I am doing for the three "lame" classes as it were.

Jenquai Trader, Terran Explorer, and Progen Sent specifically.

See the screenshots of the combat focus for each spec.  The builders and miners lack the more combat related buffs.

I greatly appreciate any feedback on this as I want to certainly make them more valuable.

Combat Traders

KXM44XA.jpg

Combat Explorers

xI0RnCf.jpg

Hmm, they may need to be racially specific, so that each trader or explorer gets something different, rather than traders or explorers as a group.  If all traders or explorers have access to these, then it doesn't close the gap for the less desirable classes.

I do think that Swashbuckler looks nice as sets of equipment buffs for the JT, though the 50% critical targeting may be a bit too high, since it's the equivalent of having the skill to L5. (JT would have similar up close & personal DPS to the PE)  Some of the best equipment that the JT can use in combat has around 30% increase to critical chance.  Same applies to the JE.

Adventurer's ML buff really would apply to the TT, since that's their racial weapon, the PT can use MLs but would probably go with PLs, the JT cannot use MLs.

If the JT could use a device to decrease the power of an enemy's weapons, as a debuffer, that would be a powerful way she could help groups.  Such a debuff may be more fitting to the Terran Scout, but it would be a powerful way to help a group.  Perhaps the JT could get the reduce enemy damage thing, while the Scout gets a different debuffer, such as moving the PM line of Profiler devices over to them from the TT.  Those devices should increase the chance that enemies will fail resistance checks against player use of skills and debuffers assuming that the Weaken Psionic debuff works.  Jenquai can effectively reduce weapon range if it works like the original game, with the Coma devices (scan blind), since mobs shouldn't be able to shoot things they cannot see.

Those high buffs to criticals or to DPS though, if on a secondary weapon, would actually help secondary weapons get more play in the game. Said weapons would also need hard to find, but not overpowered buffs, for the race that the weapon is intended for.  This would likely require that said secondary weapons be race-restricted.  (there are race restricted beams & projectile weapons already in game.  PLs that cannot be used by Progen like the Ninja's Shuriken or beams that cannot be used by Jenquai like the Nova Lance)

An activated HDC buff, as a line of devices, would be nice and likely fitting, for the PE.

I think you misunderstand the sheet above by some of the things you mentioned.

Let me see if I can clear some things up These are very race/class specific specializations.

Traders have two specs, a combat spec and a builder spec:

Terran - Adventurer, Artisan

Progen - Mercenary, Procurer

Jenqs - Swashbuckler, Inventor

So regarding the JT, they end up getting some very nice buffs compared to the Progen.

Remember thought PT already have Critical so with the added dmg they do the most dmg of traders especially with shield inversion.

The Terrans advantage is that they are well rounded, but are also the fastest of the races.

The Jens are masters of manipulating dmg and resistances.

The screenshot also did not show the color specifications so let me clear that up:

Purple = weapon bonuses

Red = shield bonuses

Blue = reactor bonuses

Green = engine bonuses

So a particular spec gets ALL those bonuses not just part of them. So looking at the above the JT reduces an enemies damage by 50% and ALSO reduces their resistance by 50%. They also have increased critical and also better beam accuracy.

Remember the terrans and progens will do more dmg overall than the JT even with the boosts. 
That makes them the BEST class for debuffing an enemy compared to the terrans 35% or the progens 20%.

While the progen and terran are great for soloing, the JT really shines in a group with this.

It also makes "leaders" plan on using certain specs for certain jobs.

As noted above the JT will become the master debuffer along with the "spy".

Those two combined are going to reduce dmg by 50%, fire rate by 40%, and resistance by 50%.

Quite handy in raids wouldn't you agree :)

Also just to clear up confusion about how stats are working, they increase with equipment level.

Example of the JT combat spec weapon progression:

2aqt5eG.jpg

I hope that clears things up for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some additional special bonuses for these classes.

Jen Seekers in both specs (Swashbuckler, and Inventor) now have a group reactor recharge (in addition to their normal skill which stacks)

Terran Scouts in both specs (Rogue & Prospector) now boost a groups Speed, Turn, Warp, Warp Charge, and Warp Recovery.

This now gives the seeker & scout some much needed love.

Sent stats were tweaked a bit and this makes them extremely nice in the damage department, especially combined with menace.

They are also much more durable.  Compared to the Jen Spy, they get an additional 150% vs 50% Hull Damage Control.

This makes them very good all around.

I think people will be very pleased with the changes to them.

Please see the spec change thread for more information and comment on stuff there please.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9392-role-specializations-weapons-equipment/

• Upvote 1

the PS    if u ask me theres no reason to make 1 unless u want to do a call forword

Actually the PS comes down to a style choice for prospectors...

There are some high level prospecting content areas where the PS excels and they are very effective at solo play in most fields at the higher level end.  Unlike JE which is able to get into these areas a much lower level (OL100) with Combat cloak and good eq, the PS must be more fully developed but is more than capable.  Menace and L9 guns make the PS very capable to take down guards of fields and prospect.

PS has a few reactor issues with warp/mine as well as the lack of insta-warp like JE and TS makes it slower, but in a grav well under thrusters (NoS + A good low-sig L8 engine) is very effective.

TS is my least favorite prospecting class, primarily because it can warp/mine but the reactor issues kill her effectiveness.

Lastly ammunition (PS/TS) is a major detractor with prospectors, because of that one factor JE reigns supreme in effectiveness, yes but PS and TS are viable just requires a little different application of style to make them effective in many cases.

Oh and I'd like to add, PS can take an L9 Pop rock in the face at less than 1K range and walk away smelling like a rose... JE/TS would be a floating hunk of debris in that case...

Edited by Daath

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's because PS's class specific devices don't work like Atrophy. What's the point in playing a PS when its support devices/skills don't work? It'd be like playing a jenquai explorer or seeker if they couldn't boost reactor recharges or improve/reduce scan rating with their devices. It's kinda sad really.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Let's consider skill sets, what does a class have to offer that makes other players want them in their group?

What exclusive skills to the 3 "lame" classes have that isn't covered by some other class?

TS: active group thrust buff,  group grav well/shear resistance.

JS: active reactor buffs, exclusive device buffs.

PS: powerdown (exclusive HoT device buffs that don't WAI)

The TS skills are group friendly and depending on situation (grav wells etc.) indispensable, under the right conditions you MUST have a TS. They also bring to the table 3 skills that others have but can take on themselves to ease the pressure, they can heal hulls, taking the pressure off TT, they can hack mech mobs taking the pressure off TE, and they can buff resists and jump start taking or making moot the presence of a JE/PS.

The JS skill are also group friendly if not as critical as a TS's situational need, they can buff everyones reactors and through devicage make sure nobody ever runs out of power (either through buff rates or direct power transfer), they also have JE only and trader only buffs/debuffs. They can also take off the pressure of other healer classes heals, the pressure off JE/JD jenny exclusive device buffs. They are situational better for heals than the other healers, in that they can group heal, then cloak to keep agro off themselves where the other group healers might take agro from that heal.

The PS's skill is a non-group friendly skill, it is only self applied. The only exclusive thing they have to offer a group is select devices, those devices don't work as intended due to the current games shield charge, during combat dynamics. All other skills they offer to a group can be achieved from some other class.

The jumpstarts and non HoT device buffs can be gotten from a TS/JE.

The menace can be gotten from a PP.

The grav link can be gotten from a PW.

Of the 3 classes the PS currently has nothing to recommend it to a group over some other class, they are only desired if the group lacks something crucial. The JS is the second worse off, the group buffs they offer are just not in high demand, reactor buff isn't high up in priorities when a JE is in the group, and the side buffs the other healers have make the JS 3rd choice.

The PS was in live and I can attest to what made them a desired class both for solo and group.

First solo: They were durable and could mine, they were probably with the exception of ammo needs the most self sufficient class of all. They had device buffs that let them self heal with HoT and pile on resists, they could stand up to high amounts of dmg and dish out lots as well, they had menace that either drove off mobs long enough for them to pluck some ore and beat it out of there, or to ease the kill of the mob. Their mining style was to kill the field guardian first, then mine unmolested for 20-30 min. They could stay on spot and "own" a field through a combination of powerdown and buffs/debuffs, combat debuffs.

Currently solo this is what don't work: HoT buffs don't work due to the current combat shield recharge dynamics they have to downtime to heal, the guardian mobs are either loads of small mobs constantly interrupting mining process, or fast respawn big mobs. They can't as of old clear out the guards then mine unmolested for 20-30min. Their combat is decent and the debuffs work, but they are only 2/3 of what they were in the soaking dmg department due to HoT not working.

Second group: during live they were the only menace owner and could use both it and gravlink and devices to keep themselves in the second agro tier, if the tank went down, they would take agro from them and be able to survive long enough for the tank to be JSed and patched up/buffed to take back his role. They were able to spam GL and menace, taking the GL reactor drain off the PWs plate and keeping any other class (esp. the healer) from grabbing agro on accident by using menace. They had all the resistance buffs that JE's had. They also took the pressure of the TT in heals, they filled the gap with HoT devices so the TT could concentrate on the tank and spot hull heals. Some of the debuffers they could use also made them exclusive, no terran would go without them, the GL debuffed for explosive/impact making the terrans missles to more dps, their basilisk devices made chemical ammo more effective both progen and terrans liked that. They also had the shield recharge rate devices and beam skill buffs the jenquia liked the shield gen would off set the weak shields or the shield for reactor buffs they used.

Currently group: the PW can take up the gravlink role once again, reactor problems aren't nearly as bad as live due to mob AIs lack of reactor debuffs, and with new and improved reactors  and buffs. The menace role can be taken up by the PP, they also tend to take the off agro role due to menace/heals and device use, as a self healer they tend to do it as good if not better than the PS did. The PP also has the inversion skill that they can 'gather up" lesser mobs and get them off the tanks plate. The PS used to do that with area GL. The former much needed HoT aren't now needed with the addition of the 2 other healers. The resistance buffs aren't as needed as the JE/TS can now take up the role. The debuffers can now be covered by the PP and gaps with other classes. The shield buffs/beam buffs the jens wanted can now be gotten elsewere (from traders or ts/pw)

Currently there is not a single thing a PS can offer a group that can't be gotten elsewere. The only thing hat is exclusive to them is a solo skill and defunct devices.

• Upvote 1

I think you are broadly on the money Mattsacre, with regards the PS.

But just to speak up a little in defense of my first (and still favourite) class:

I nearly always use my PS as the Group Leader (I'm a Multi-Boxer, I'm afraid...), because of the combination of his scan range and big shields. Can't use a JE as GL, because one hit on her paper-thin shields and the group formation is in disarray... And my PW's and TE's can barely see past the end of their PLs and MLs..!

In terms of spotting a target at distance, and allowing other group members to "target this group member's target", *AND* staying alive long enough for one of the big guns to pick up the aggro... Can't beat a PS!

Also, noob question:

What's this "HoT" you keep referring to?

Great points Matt.  Fixing the PE's devices, and giving the mobs ability to debuff players' reactors would help both the PE & JT, would also create more work for the JE.  Perhaps a few new things that the mobs can use against players, that need the JT, PE, or Scout to balance.

• 3 months later...

I think you are broadly on the money Mattsacre, with regards the PS.

But just to speak up a little in defense of my first (and still favourite) class:

I nearly always use my PS as the Group Leader (I'm a Multi-Boxer, I'm afraid...), because of the combination of his scan range and big shields. Can't use a JE as GL, because one hit on her paper-thin shields and the group formation is in disarray... And my PW's and TE's can barely see past the end of their PLs and MLs..!

In terms of spotting a target at distance, and allowing other group members to "target this group member's target", *AND* staying alive long enough for one of the big guns to pick up the aggro... Can't beat a PS!

Also, noob question:

What's this "HoT" you keep referring to?

HoT is Heal over Time.

The TT had a skill based heal, short charge up and "instaheal" for a set amount, based on tier lvl used and skill.

The PS has/had devices that did, but don't now heal over time even during combat. Now they, if they function at all, are really nearly not needed, they were best in slot device wise then, now they would be only if I had nothing to slot spot in slotting. That's because now your shield don't recharge during combat. The only lure the device(s) have now is they decrease your recovery time between battles, you can start another battle with these devices in 10 sec rather than 20 sec. To have other better buffs I can wait 10 sec :)

There were 4 device types that a PS would use, depending on style.

1.They would first slot a SHIELDGen device, later on shields and reactor etc. had that buff so around device lvl 6 they didnt slot them as much. The SHIELDGen was equip device that increased shield base recharge rate by a % amount. So your shield would recharge 20-60ish% faster with just that device, it was a rate of recharge buff.

2.Refresh/Refuge these devices had a indirect HoT, they had a active buff that stacked with the SHIELDGen buffs, the L9 versions had the SHIELDGen buff built in so it freed a slot. The Refresh only buffed +15 % (base) that the Refuge did +25% so nearly nobody slotted the Refresh if they could get Refuge. This buff was targetable, so a PS could buff everyone to be 25% more efficient in their shields recharge back.

3. The biggy  *Restore*, this was the Best In Slot item, no PS that could get it would pass it up. It had a BOOST! effect, over a very short time 10 sec.(base) to I think in the 13-14 sec range PMed, it ticked every sec your shield recharge rate in the 250ish%(base) - 550%ish PMed. That stacked over other buffs, it was a seperate active buff. So it alone, it buffed your shield to charge at around 500% of what it normally did, it HoT (10-14 sec.). It was targetable but had a minute? minute 30 sec.? Less than 2 minutes anyway cooldown.

So figure that all out, you could have a device that buffed equipt @ 20-60% of your shields base recharge rate, then with a active buff you increased that rate by 25%= 45%-85% of your shields recharge rate, thats about making your shield 3/4 better, then you could every minute or so hit that BOOST! to make your shield go to turbo mode giving you 500%= 585%

It almost always completely refilled your shield in 10-14 sec.

*After posting this I went and checked the current stats on those devices. I got the times right and almost all % rates, but the DB is now showing that the top % BOOST! rate is 391%, below what I posted of 550%ish. I distinctly remember a PMed L7 one being in the 510% range during live, but if I'm misremembering it or if I'm right it's moot, 391% is a very respectable rate of return. If the shield dynamics were as live, these devices would be VERY desired once again and would go a ways toward making a PS wanted.

The devices alone would take a great pressure off a healer, if everyone in the group was getting 25% of their charge rate back, they would need far less heals and the healer would get far less chance of grabbing agro through heals. A PS could take 1 player completely off the spot/heal rotation for a healer. Those buffs offset many of the progen shield for reactor buffs. With the exception of healing their hull back, a PS could get a disabled player back to 100%, they could JS, hit them with reactor/shield rate recharge buffs, totally fill the shields, and apply all active resists buffs. Who the heck wouldn't want a PS in a fishbowl with all that offered?

Add what the Ps could offer offensively, chem debuffer, grav linker w/its impact/explosive debuff, menace and off tank/tranfer agro (they can take the dmg a PW can with L9 shields and resists etc.) and gain the agro, then when the tank is ready to take it back, go "invisible" to the mob via powerdown, letting the tank grab agro back.

Edited by Mattsacre