setup server to play along how so we do this

ok please guys would you please right a guild into how we can setup home servs to play the please not to say i dont like it here but i would readlly like to try stuff out please and would any bugs to you that could find ok please and thank yo Edited by sockual

[quote name='sockual' timestamp='1320641108' post='48169']
ok please guys would you please right a guild into how we can setup home servs to play the please not to say i dont like it here but i would readlly like to try stuff out please and would any bugs to you that could find ok please and thank yo
[/quote]

Sockual,

You can only play the game here - like the rest of us. Why would you want to play it any other way I don't understand. If you're having trouble playing the game I'm sure others will be more than happy to help you out.

Unfortunately it would be a lot of work to produce a version that could be used locally, and if we did then within a day there'd be sites up that ripped the database to shreds.

Plus we'd be setting ourselves up for a full time job supporting people trying to get their servers to work. It's not straightforward at all, way more complicated than it was in the original flat file days, and it was bad enough back then.

We are meaning to release a standalone version with a sort of memory snapshot file but that has to take a back seat compared to more important issues like game dynamics and comms.

• 2 years later...

For now, yes, due to not enough staff to make something like that happen along with the needs for what our server requires. Worry not though, we ever go under and it'll get released as is in a public place for someone else to take on that mantle if they so chose.

Hopefully it'll not come to that, but yes until such time as we're miles ahead I can't make such a commitment. That was our original plan back then, but a lot of the team we had then has since resigned, become inactive, etc.