Server Status (outdated)

What? Does the server need to be bounced?

Isn't it monitored by anyone?

Now if I could only remember my new guild's WWW address... lol.. Edited by Overtkill

Good time to donate $5 bucks via paypal. We appear to be waaaay behind on the cost of keeping this emulator running. Would hate to see the server downtime increase due to that (not why it's down) so 'get err done!'

It will be a lil while folks. Tienbau needs to see this, we think it has something to do with something he's been working very intently on. To rob him of the chance to fix it would be bad, despite the good it would bring for you all. :angry:

Just thought I'd let you know so you don't have to wonder what's up for the next couple of hours.

Basically until Tienbau comes round, he's usually coming by, by now. We will get everything back to full operation as soon as possible.

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1312412082' post='43945']
Good time to donate $5 bucks via paypal. We appear to be waaaay behind on the cost of keeping this emulator running. Would hate to see the server downtime increase due to that (not why it's down) so 'get err done!'
[/quote]

Donated 10 bucks... Not a lot but if everyone does 10 bucks every 6 months they will have more than enough money to keep this thing going through the testing phase.

1000 members x10 x2 they get 20k a year.... some decent servers and bandwidth can be purchased with that.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1312412246' post='43947']
Overtkill,

No we are still pre-alpha, we do have downtime but they are getting considerably more rare each and every day.
[/quote]

I am well aware of the game status (Used to help out, remember?). I'm not knocking you guys at all. A short message saying you knew about the issue, and what was happening earlier would be helpful.

I am simply amazed at how far you guys have really come with the game. Keep up the good work devs! You guys rock!

[quote name='Smallyoda' timestamp='1312419541' post='43966']
Donated 10 bucks... Not a lot but if everyone does 10 bucks every 6 months they will have more than enough money to keep this thing going through the testing phase.

1000 members x10 x2 they get 20k a year.... some decent servers and bandwidth can be purchased with that.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Being a Systems Admin, I am curious to know more as to where the server is located (hosted), and what its specs are... It seems to run pretty decently from here in Utah.

[quote name='Overtkill' timestamp='1312421956' post='43975']
I was thinking the same thing. Being a Systems Admin, I am curious to know more as to where the server is located (hosted), and what its specs are... It seems to run pretty decently from here in Utah.
[/quote]

The server we are on is an AMD Phenom II X6 with 16 gigs of DDR3 ram. after that for spec's i am not sure. I read here in the forums that this is the specs that we are currently running on. I believe the server before was a dual quad server but they went this option as it was a lot cheaper.

Here is the server spec's straight from the sources.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/ServerPremiumHexaCoreXL;jsessionid=26F55D0F84349311EE7CC9B3C1F9B472.TCpfix140a?__frame=_top&__lf=Static&ordernow=true Edited by bitstorm

[quote name='Smallyoda' timestamp='1312423471' post='43978']
I am also a Sys Admin. I live in Cairns, Queensland, Australia and game run fine from here aswell.

I wonder how many of the current players are IT guys and girls ?
[/quote]
I bet quite a few. Any idea on the time frame on server reset? been away for two weeks and reeeeeally wanted to play a bit tonite

[quote name='Smallyoda' timestamp='1312423471' post='43978']
I am also a Sys Admin. I live in Cairns, Queensland, Australia and game run fine from here aswell.

I wonder how many of the current players are IT guys and girls ?
[/quote]

Well I work for a telecom in the USA as a network analyst. I simply did a traceroute on the sunrise.net-7.org (btw should turn ICMP traffic off admin's) and was able to find the location of the server.

Quite a few people that play on here are network people in general or have background in the computer industry.

Btw is the game server it self down?

Well, I love EnB it was my very first love MMO, and I dont know squat about IT stuff, but if you need your GM or Ford vehicle fixed... (tweaks tie a la mr. incredible's boss) That I can handle!

[quote name='bitstorm' timestamp='1312424217' post='43980']
Well I work for a telecom in the USA as a network analyst. I simply did a traceroute on the sunrise.net-7.org (btw should turn ICMP traffic off admin's) and was able to find the location of the server.

Quite a few people that play on here are network people in general or have background in the computer industry.

Btw is the game server it self down?
[/quote]

wow, i assumed the server was in the states.... Hosted in Germany, and registered by someone in the UK.

Who would have thunk.

Ummmmm.......Have we heard from Tien yet? I'm just a simple minded retired Electrical Engineer. Without Tien I'm just lost....:angry:

Thanks for all your help guys (all) of you are just super....B)

hope its nearing the point of coming back up my shift at work is almost done and have to switch my sleeping habits around, damn swing shift, so i'll be up all night if the game is back online soon