Server Status (outdated)

Thanks for the update!

SideNote: A year ago it was David who was doing all this stuff.. or at least flipping the switch to turn it back on, not seen or heard about him, he still around?

Yes, David is still around he works on things pretty regularly. He just doesn't talk in here much unless a major issue arises. That said, I think TB needs to see this rather than just restart because its going to happen again if not, which means while you'd get to play it could crash at another inopportune moment and then you'd have another multi-hour downtime.

h'ok! Thanks Kyp, saw the divide by zero error, all fixed.

I had to do a full source refresh and there were bugs we'd fixed previously but hadn't checked them back into the source database, so these came back to haunt, each one, in turn <slap> SLAP!!! </slap>.

The div-by-zero was caused by a rewrite to remove the unreliable STL 'code scaffolding' and the new code not dealing with an incorrectly set up loot bag.

Back up, our illustrious Head GM was playing with a few commands and managed to get Carpenter into a state of disarray. So rather than trying to reload the sector and crash anyway, we just took it down and restarted it. ;)

Hey just fyi KYP any group combat (especially into heavy RAID) areas, is causing the client.exe process to skyrocket on memory usage. A Fishbowl raid took up to 2GB of memory and caused LAG then CTD instant generally once any player would get over the 1GB mark (depending on their sys config).

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1305431932' post='40726']
Hey just fyi KYP any group combat (especially into heavy RAID) areas, is causing the client.exe process to skyrocket on memory usage. A Fishbowl raid took up to 2GB of memory and caused LAG then CTD instant generally once any player would get over the 1GB mark (depending on their sys config).
[/quote]

Are you sure if it's the client.exe process or Net7Proxy.exe ? Just checking to be 100% sure before I try to diagnose the problem.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1305439045' post='40728']
Are you sure if it's the client.exe process or Net7Proxy.exe ? Just checking to be 100% sure before I try to diagnose the problem.
[/quote]

Yea it was client.exe, I didnt get a chance to glance at the net7proxy.exe (totally forgot) just had sorted by mem & cpu usage, and client.exe was thru the roof.

Was inside doing Fishbowl (affected a group killing) those not in the group didnt seem to grow memory usage as fast) others reported it happening at Mordana raid too (basically as time progressed with continual group killing would just blow the client.exe memory through the roof and eventually crash as I assume system had no more memory to cough up.

in my case it was svghost process that was eating up my memory, over 2.7 gig when i checked after crashing in the FB,
i have never seen it go that high, having only 2 gigs of mem in my pc, i guess it was also using a bunch of swap file that thrashed my HD for like 10 minutes after crash.

Server will be back up in a few minutes, Tienbau is putting in a few fixes before we brought it back up. Just an FYI for all.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1305693203' post='40836']
sorry, server went BOOM! Another obscure bug fixed. Restarting. At least the turrets won't appear red for scouts anymore.
[/quote]

That would be nice. Now for it to stop saying starting.

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1305719386' post='40847']
Crashed hard just now.
[/quote]

Well, Lann..

so much for our FB.

Question is, are we going to be the first ones after the restart and deal with these incredible resists they use to have after a reboot?

Ok, now you must know I'm joking when I say this, but am I the only person who finds it interesting that the server went down only minutes after Blacklung logged in?

Did you missplace a gate again BL? Naughty GM is Naughty.

[quote name='Bacchus' timestamp='1305719385' post='40846']
yup server offline just now
[/quote]

Soon as you logged in Poof... O.o hrmmm

[quote name='LifelessWonder' timestamp='1305719781' post='40850']
any news on why servers are down and/or timeframe for being back up....... i need my EnB fix..... ahhhhhhhhh
[/quote]

Soon(TM)