Server Status (outdated)

Guest frustrated

Down again, and Im sure not to fix the damn turbo mobs...this is way beyond frustrating. There are not enough high level players to even bother trying the fishbowl now, and it probably doesnt matter that we cant get into paramis and bbw cause the difficulty of the mobs makes combat level 50 your end game now. This game just got totally stupid whacked and still not a damn post or anything from any staff. I will check forums occasionaly to see if this crap gets fixed but otherwise Im done here. Screw this!

Sounds like it was another great day to be at the office and to be heading out to watch the hockey game. :(

Everybody - lighten the heck up. It's a game . . . and not even a production one. *Stuff* happens. Go kick the neighbor's cat or something to blow off some steam.

i think some people need to wait till we get to LIVE before they come back to playing this , we arent even to Alpha stage yet and people are whinning about the game play and content... best thing to do is come back and see us in a yr and we might be ready ..... :P

Me personally I just want people to lighten up it is a stress test they will fix it be glad your getting to play free. that why I put mt stupid jokes in about up and down..... come on don't barf...laugh

Me personally I just want people to lighten up it is a stress test they will fix it be glad your getting to play free.

telling every day 5 times its a free game wont get us enywhere,

....im kinda sure everyone that play this know it free to play but you can donate to help with the montly cost

or should we just shut up and tell how great it is .... :P

i think some people need to wait till we get to LIVE before they come back to playing this , we arent even to Alpha stage yet and people are whinning about the game play and content... best thing to do is come back and see us in a yr and we might be ready ..... :P

The problem is that traditionally, stress tests come AFTER an alpha, and sometimes after a beta. When you say something is in stress test stage, for folks involved in any kind of software/website development, they expect features and content to be relatively done and static. When there's content being filled out and features getting finished off, etc.. stress testing the game/server/etc is the last thing that should be done. Software hardening is an impossibility when the state of the software is ever changing.

If what we are truly in is pre-alpha, then we all need to stop saying it's a stress test and call it for what it is... it's a pre-alpha. That'd shut down a TON of the content/game play complaints and issues.

The problem is that traditionally, stress tests come AFTER an alpha, and sometimes after a beta. When you say something is in stress test stage, for folks involved in any kind of software/website development, they expect features and content to be relatively done and static. When there's content being filled out and features getting finished off, etc.. stress testing the game/server/etc is the last thing that should be done. Software hardening is an impossibility when the state of the software is ever changing.

If what we are truly in is pre-alpha, then we all need to stop saying it's a stress test and call it for what it is... it's a pre-alpha. That'd shut down a TON of the content/game play complaints and issues.

TRADITIONALLY, a stress test comes when ever the heck someone needs something tested to the limit it is going to have to deal with. Stress testing at any time, for any reason is always fun..

you see Devs do it all the time.. Stress testing a zone in development.. by having the comp put in as many NPC-Objects as possable til the zone crashes.. stress test..

pilling on modifiers after modfiers from as many types as possable to see where the code breaks down and crashes.. stress test..

I"m just happy to be part of the team.

Now if i could jsut get it working on my linux box.. lol

You're referring to unit stress testing, which is fine. That happens all the time, yes, but that is rarely called the "stress test phase of development." Stress test has almost always been associated with opening up the flood gates and having a lot of folks in the system (be it web site, database, game server, whatever) at the same time and pushing it to the limits in all aspects trying to break things. As far as ST4 goes, I don't see that as being what's happening. It seems a lot more like random, disjointed piecemeal testing than anything coordinated server-wide.

At the end of the day, this is all semantics. It's just my opinion that this is more appropriately called a pre-Alpha stage.

I was able to log in and play for a bit then it hung about 30 minutes ago. Can't get past Megan now. I'm watching the the number of players online slowly dwindle as I keep trying to get back in game.

well do we know it is the server at this point ? It could be the ISP who is hosting the server that is resting the connection / blocking the connections to the server ?

I am not saying it is either or it is neither just something that my be checked out have we had over 300 people connect yet ? just wondering. I could also ask have we had over 256 separate connections?

also is there a log that shows issue that are known, i would hate to submit a ticket on a known issue , and i try to resolve problems on line in chat but sometimes can't get a reply.

Given that the Net7 Proxy is now showing something new in it's log, I'd say there's something wonky with the network there.

Running in local cert mode, I see that I'm now getting the message this:

02/03/10 20:53:39 TCP login link established.

02/03/10 20:53:39 Starting TCP login connection

02/03/10 20:53:39 Login link established to server.

02/03/10 20:53:39 TCP connection on port 3807 was reset

Whereas last night I was getting this upon a failed login:

28/02/10 20:22:13 TCP login link established.

28/02/10 20:22:13 Starting TCP login connection

28/02/10 20:22:13 Login link established to server.

... followed by a short lock up at Megan before she comes back to say "Unable to verify"

and this upon a successful login:

28/02/10 20:23:30 TCP login link established.

28/02/10 20:23:30 Starting TCP login connection

28/02/10 20:23:30 Login link established to server.

28/02/10 20:23:31 Received account valid from Server

28/02/10 20:23:31 Received account request.

28/02/10 20:23:31 Received TCP avatarlist from Server

28/02/10 20:23:31 Received Avatar list.

28/02/10 20:23:42 Sending Avatar Login.

So basically the new thing tonight is that login server process is immediately shutting down and rejecting incoming connections without even timing out or whatever. So something is broken on the Login Server side. The most likely answer? Issues with database communications... Or it's network is just flaked out beyond belief. **shrugs**